It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

+†+ Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and me. +†+

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The good news is that about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ(God the Son) paid for everyone's sins(wrong doing) by dying on the cross so that we can go to Heaven when we die.

Jesus Christ is sinless therefore He is the only person who can get us into Heaven because He is the only One who can pay for our sins. Jesus had to be both God and man so He could pay our sin debt by dying on the cross.

The Holy Bible says, "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God(The Father) raised Jesus Christ from the dead, you will be saved." [Romans 10:9]

You should not wait until later to get saved because you may die before you get another chance and you will miss Heaven.

The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful place where people live forever with no death, sorrow, sickness and pain. [Revelation 21:4]

Hell is described as a place of suffering forever for all those who are not saved. [Matthew 13:50]

If you want to be sure you will go to Heaven after this life is over just pray a meaningful prayer right now from your heart to God like the one below and you will be saved.

Dear God I want to be saved. Dear Jesus Christ Son of God I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins or things I have done wrong in my life. Thanks Jesus Christ for taking my punishment for my sins by shedding your sinless blood on the cross and dying for my sins. Jesus Christ I now confess you as my Lord and believe in my heart that God(The Father) raised you from the dead. Amen.

If you just allowed God to save you then welcome to the family of God because you are now a Christian on your way to Heaven.

You can learn more about Jesus Christ if you read the Holy Bible and a good place to start reading is the book of John.

Have a great day!
Ronald L. Grossi
www.alreadypaid.blogspot.com... « click link to visit

26 December 2006

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Or, you forget about "heaven and hell" and treat everyone on this planet with love, friendship, forgiveness. Another side note, and i'm sure that you will disagree here, but the bible is not the best place to learn about Yehoshua, with love is the best place to learn, envelope yourself within it and spread it across the entire world, then you will know the Yeshua that became christ (Yehoshua).

By the way, coming to ATS and on your first day making some generalized statement, then telling us to visit your blog probably isn't the best way to make friends.

Good luck Ron, and blessed be.

Pancho

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ronn359,

re: " Hell is described as a place of suffering forever for all those who are not saved. [Matthew 13:50]"

I don't see where Matthew 13:50 says anything about the length of time.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ronn359

The good news is that about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ(God the Son) paid for everyone's sins(wrong doing) by dying on the cross so that we can go to Heaven when we die.

What did this death do exactly? Did it create a force more powerful than god, forcing Him to forgive sins when all he had to do was say, "I now forgive sins,"?

Even if it were true, can't you see how believing in this stuff has warped your mind? A being is brutally tortured until bloody, his head is spiked with thorns. Spikes are hammered into his body. He is given poison to drink and is stabbed with a spear. And, this is GOOD news? Can't you see how this is sick beyond comprehension?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What did this death do exactly? Did it create a force more powerful than god, forcing Him to forgive sins when all he had to do was say, "I now forgive sins,"?
Seems that the person you are asking is not around to answer.
I would say in response to your question, "Not exactly".
Jesus on the cross was not a nice sight, and the person in that scene was not someone that would have been held in high regard at that moment.
Most people who were happy to be associated with him in happier times had fled away from him.
Jesus at that time did not represent some sort of conquering king, but what we are in the eyes of a righteous God who abhors sin. Jesus prayed to God for Him to listen to him and to pay attention to his plight. God answered him by raising him from the dead.
So there is a sort of "power" going on here in regards to what this means to us, which is that as bad as the circumstances were that Jesus existed in when he prayed, God accepted that prayer, thus breaking the natural "force" that would prevent God from listing to other people like ourselves when we find ourselves in similar circumstances.

Even if it were true, can't you see how believing in this stuff has warped your mind? A being is brutally tortured until bloody, his head is spiked with thorns. Spikes are hammered into his body. He is given poison to drink and is stabbed with a spear. And, this is GOOD news? Can't you see how this is sick beyond comprehension?
This sort of thing as you describe was happening all too frequently and many have and will find themselves being treated in such a brutal fashion.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus prayed to God for Him to listen to him and to pay attention to his plight. God answered him by raising him from the dead. So there is a sort of "power" going on here in regards to what this means to us, which is that as bad as the circumstances were that Jesus existed in when he prayed, God accepted that prayer, thus breaking the natural "force" that would prevent God from listing to other people like ourselves when we find ourselves in similar circumstances.

No offense, jmd. I can think of nothing in the bible that comes close to what you've suggested here. Especially the part where the all-powerful god had a natural force stronger than him that prevented him from listening to other people.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

. . . god had a natural force stronger than him . . .
I didn't say that there was.
I'm saying that there came into existence an influence that changed God's natural characteristic to ignore such pleading from non-deserving supplicants.
And I don't even mean that in a totally literal way.
For example you have David in the Old Testament who is completely in the wrong, sending Uriah off to get killed so he could take his wife Bathsheba. They get married and she gives David a son who proceeds to get sick in a way that was evident that he was going to die. David prays to have his guilt ignored in order to have The Lord save his son.
He doesn't, for whatever reason, and David's son dies. The idea from the story was that The Lord basically said, "Too bad, you sinned, so you have to be punished for it." whether this actually ever happened or not, this was the perception of God by the religionists of Jesus' day, that hopefully is changed by the newer story involving Jesus.

edit on 18-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join