It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bugging Out isn't the thing to do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted by The Vagabond

“ . . the great thing about being in control of all mechanisms of law enforcement is you can pretty much do whatever you want which is exactly what ATS signing statements are about, so why not use that power to scope out all those secret organizations? [Edited by Don W]

Agreed. I am unfamiliar with the more intimate ATS features, simple blogging taking more time than I really ought to spare, but which I do for the simple reason: I like it!

Slightly Aside: I’ve been listening to a lot of writers describe the problems George Washington faced in the 1775 to 1783 War, on CSpan2. GW was one of the richest men in the colonies. He was also one of the best educated and no doubt one of the smartest. Although he could not get a commission in the British Army, he was a colonel in the local militia. The colonials regarded themselves as Englishmen. It was often said in the Parliament, the colonials enjoyed more privileges then Englishmen in England. The most famous man in the colonies was Benjamin Franklin, also a wealthy publisher. The real firebrand rebels were the Adams of Boston. Newly arrived from England, Thomas Paine. So why was Washington, Franklin and the other signers of the Declaration of Indecence in 1776 so miffed as to really risk their “lives, fortunes and sacred honor” in such an unlikely stunt as a rebellion against the superpower, Great Britain? So why did he lead a rebellion?

I think you very specifically choose people you've known for years and been through things with regardless of where you met them. If I had to choose between trusting a guy who I saw at the Masonic Lodge or a guy who goes to the same bar as me, I'd take the guy from the bar because I've got a pretty good idea the FBI isn't infiltrating Flaherty's Pub. [Edited by Don W]

I’m not a Mason either, I just mentioned it as a sort of private club of look-alikes. The Flaherty’s in Louisville where I went featured the best Green River style fried fish for lunch - cut into bite size chunks - not too much mayo in the cole slaw, ff’s or baked beans and hush puppies of the semi-dry type I prefer all washed down with cold Amstel Light. Or Rolling Rock for a change. My personal problem is that as I get older, the hang-overs get longer in duration and deeper in headaches. I’m so old I used to play shuffleboard on that long table with the heavy metal pucks. At 2-3 beers an hour, after a couple hours at the table, it’s time to go home. This was before the MADD mothers had brought forth their first progeny, before the era of the designated driver. You had to do it yourself. The only good thing I can say about DUI is I never got caught.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In most cases the networks of computers and financial tracking are in place.The assumption that they will have so much data that it will be to much to keep track of is Wrong.Many good points have been made but it would seem if you can see this coming than you should have all the stuff you need NOW.The condition of a resistence is not a problem ....if you dont fight they cant slaughter you ,the U.S military has for years been training for urban combat and with the advent of recent conflicts has become very good at fighting these type of wars.Our participation in the system is what keeps it running soooo if we as a large group refuse to work or fight than the system will fall.Not to try to take over the thread but what is it you think is going to happen that is so bad?

just to add masons do not and will not be a part in anything negative in our country we love this land.so mote it be

[edit on 1-1-2007 by boaz1234]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted by boaz1234

In most cases the networks of computers and financial tracking are in place. The assumption that they will have so much data that it will be too much to keep track of is Wrong. Many good points have been made but it would seem if you can see this coming than you should have all the stuff you need NOW. [Edited by Don W]

Yes and No. As much as I dislike the current administration, I am always reminded the devil you know may not be as bad as the devil you don’t know. Let us not overlook that much of the rightly disdained Patriot Act is copied word for word from the 3 Alien and Sedition Acts of the 1790s John Adams administration. And which T Jefferson pardoned the Jeffersonians on his election, but then tried to use the Acts to imprison the Federalists. So it’s no good to lament, “FFs, where are you when we need you?”

You are right, that now is the time to prepare for the unpleasant possibility that we will want to change administrations without waiting for the next election, especially if we’re using Diebold machines and Florida voter counters.

The condition of a resistence is not a problem . . if you don’t fight they can’t slaughter you . . the US military has been training for urban combat and has become very good at fighting those types of wars. Our participation in the system is what keeps it running so if we as a large group refused to work or fight than the system will fall.

Sounds good, but keep in mind that in the Revolutionary War, there were a lot of Loyalists. I just heard about one more problem GW faced when the Red Coats got ready to attack Philadelphia, then our capital and largest city. PA had 70,000 militia men signed up. GW asked the PA Legislature for 5,000. The Legislature authorized 3,000, but only 1,000 showed up to fight. Point? How many people will even do nothing when that itself is a way to fight back?

Not to try to take over the thread but what is it you think is going to happen that is so bad? Just to add Masons do not and will not be a part in anything negative in our country we love this land. so mote it be . . [Edited by Don W]

10-4 on Masons. I see the hazard to our country to be in the unfair rich poor breakdown. I see a second hazard in the ungodly amount of our GDP devoted to war, euphemistically called defense, when we have no enemy worthy of our war machine. Iraq is an anomaly. We are not into occupations. After we get over this overload of hubris, we’ll be back to “normal.” The privatization of our state and Federal governments, the use of a volunteer armed force instead of a conscripted army is worrisome. Our casual acceptance of 20% of the population in perpetual poverty and 2 million men incarcerated are troubling. The very rich have achieved a flat tax, 15% as the tax on dividends. The tax on wage earners OTOH runs to 34% plus a 10% millionaire’s surtax, making 37.4% tax on wages. 15% on dividends. The rich are struggling to escape the death tax. And etc.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Some of those homeless even have prior military experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iraqvet68
Some of those homeless even have prior military experience.

Yup.

+, obviously they have some experience in surviving the jungles of our big cities...

Okay, scenario is: NWO/absolutist regime takeover.

They won't abolish the internet, of course, they can't, because even 'they' can't un-invent the wheel anymore. They'll never want to have the complete internet community against them, but rather use it as a means of mind control/disinfo. But even if all data was tracked - so what? Let's assume they've got all those semantic spider bots in place to control the flow of information and alert a SWAT team whenever someone is brave enough to speak up against the system; even with enough computer power to hack PGP encryption - there will always remain means of communication via the www, even without the help from elite underground hackers (from what I've heard, they will have a good time hacking official websites and posting the "truth"). ATS may be down until then, or a disinfo platform, whatever - in any case, it might be impossible to communicate the way we're doing right now.

Still, you can hide valuable information in inconspicuous emails, websites or blogs. So, basically, what a group preparing for the demise of their system needs to agree upon is - a code.

"Dear Friend,

thank you for the funny movie. It was very delightful.

John."

could mean

"Raid on March 11th, 2013"

Even concentration camp inmates who knew their mail was monitored by humans managed to communicate this way.

AASN, I can't stop thinking about having a Commodore 64 or any other old computer (with screen colors set to LOW contrast!! It's possible to track what you're typing via the radiation of the monitor) handy just in case you have to fear ubiquitous DRM CPUs to encode your anti-regime propaganda messages automatically... :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join