It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Able Danger Discredited by Senators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Pentagon had already dismissed the charges leveled by Rep. Curt Weldon that a military intelligence group called "Able Danger" knew of Mohamed Atta and other terrorists operating in the US in advance of 9/11. Today two prominent Senators, Pat Roberts and John D. Rockefeller, did the same in letters delivered to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

www.nctimes.com
A lengthy Senate investigation has debunked charges by a Republican congressman that military analysts identified Mohamed Atta and other Sept. 11 hijackers before the attacks, according to a committee aide familiar with the report.

In a letter to members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sens. Pat Roberts and John D. Rockefeller dismissed suggestions by Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., that defense analysts ignored analysis that could have prevented the attacks. Roberts, R-Kan., is outgoing chairman and Rockefeller, of West Virginia, is the senior Democrat who will assume the chairmanship next month.

They concluded "there was no evidence Mohamed Atta or any hijackers were identified prior to 9/11," said the committee aide, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the aide was not authorized to speak publicly on the subject.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have a hard time swallowing this. To me, it just seems like part of the on-going effort to cover tracks (and behinds) in the wake of the glaring intelligence failures, real or faked, that preceded 9/11.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Did Mohamed Atta Train at Lackland AFB?
10,000 ABLE DANGER Documents still Exist?
NEWS: Able Danger Member Steps Forward

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good find.

Able Danger has always been an interest of mine, and well worth the research to anyone who hasnt heard of them.

These new claims that Able Danger has somehow been 'debunked' reek of right wing propaganda.
Honestly I am surprised to even see them in the news at all.
I thought Able Danger had already been dealt with, and dropped.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Weldon said that he himself had learned of them at some point before 9/11. If my memory serves me right on that point then it's going to be interesting to see how Weldon takes to this "debunking". Or not, given we're still in the world of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Maybe next they'll have a Senate committee debunk all the wargames and various exercises/tests that NORAD and the NRO and FEMA and the Port Authority and various air bases were carrying out on 9/11.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I particularly like the fact that Rockefeller (I've heard that name in conspiracy circles before, surely?
) is taking over the Chairmanship of the Committee, thus leaving no-one in any doubt that that Committee is, er, committed to keeping tight control over any untoward rumours and allegations that might be levelled by those naughty 9/11 truthers.

He's what Sir Humphrey Appleby would call "a safe pair of hands".

[edit on 27-12-2006 by rich23]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Dumb breaking news link from nctimes.com is dead. Here's another from Yahoo.
working link

top topics

join