It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Show Radical Islam No Mercy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Looks like I won't be able to continue in the conversation, as the moderator Umbrax, in an act of incredible ignorance and censorship, has warned me for the post that I just quoted.

Umbrax is not at fault here. He did the right thing, and calling him ignorant is hardly true. To be an "ignorant" means that the person "does not know" about a certain subject or piece of knowledge. Umbrax is well versed in the terms of service, as are all moderators, so none of them are "ignorant," as you say. As the terms of service states, no member can make personal attacks at other members. If you reread your post, you will see that you did just that, and that the warning was justified. I do believe you owe an apology to Umbrax.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

I didn't originally call Umbrax ignorant. I was responding to a post in which someone essentially said "Hey, Saddam did a good job running his country, sure he killed some people but it was necessary." That kind of attitude denotes, as I said, either true ignorance of the actual situation, or a sickness of the mind which condones genocide and torture.

Therefore, my statement was not a personal attack, it was a statement of truth. Not every opinion is correct, and I was pointing out, in this one instance, that an expressed opinion denoted either ignorance or sickness. That was all.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As time goes on, the more I read about the Koran and Islam, the more I agree with this threads title.

Thing is, in reading about the Koran itself I find that it is not what the apologists claim at all, its full of major literary issues and violence.

Yeah so is the Bible but, when the Christians went on the crusade it was not sanctioned by the New Testament at all, in fact it was contradictory to it.

Radical Islam is exactly what the Koran teaches.

I wonder why Mohammad actually got the Biblical stories wrong? I mean how did he get God instructed Boaz to build a tower? Why no Passover?

It would seem to me that Mohammad's struggle to get the Jews in Medina to accept him as a prophet actually caused him to er, plus I think his exposure to Gnostic Christianity also influenced his beliefs.

As for the argument that the Jews corrupted the Bible, hence the Dead Sea Scrolls pretty much moots that one....but Mohammad on the other hand, seems to have made a book that is not very easy to read and does not flow very well and contradicts itself. This book should be allowed to be discussed and dissected as so many do with the Bible, yet to do so will cost someone their lives, Islam is NOT tolerant.

So 'America: Show Radical Islam No Mercy' --- should really be addressed

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
From what I understand a lot of middle eastern countries are very wealthy eg Saudia Arabia, they own like 8% of the US. The problem is that only a few families own that wealth, eg the Saudi royals and the Bin Ladens.

Another factor is that radical islam hates western material values, so the last thing they would want is their living standards brought up to par with the US, if anything they would want western living standards brought down to match theirs.

I can't help but think that this is some conspiracy in the Middle East used to oppress their own people. If the rich people spread radical muslim values then the population won't aspire to greater living standards and the rich stay rich. Ofcourse, they also wouldn't appreciate Americans spreading their values in the middle east (especially democracy) because this would threaten their own position. It's kind of like America trying to spread democracy in China.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The war on terror will never be won because there are too many fat cats who are getting rich on the blood of America's fighting men and women. In WW2 war profiteering was considered unpatriotic and production of passenger vehicles was suspended so production could be diverted to fighting vehicles and aircraft. Women would turn over their pots and pans to be turned into weapons. Children would donate their toy soldiers to be melted down. Now if you criticize those who are profiteering on the war you are shouted down as being unpatriotic. The president of Halliburton has made over 100 million dollars in PROFIT since the beginning of the war. Cheney's stock in Halliburton has gone through the roof since the war started. Americas fighting men and women are going without vital supplies and services while the companies that are supposed to provide them rake in the money hand over fist. Almost everyone making money on the war is a personal friend of the president and vice president or they have contributed large sums toward their election. Bush has gotten us into a war that was never intended to be won. It is just a way for him and his buddies to get richer.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Bush has gotten us into a war that was never intended to be won. It is just a way for him and his buddies to get richer.

I would think that he got us into a war that we MUST win, we would still be in it even if Gore where in office, it might not be Iraq, but somewhere.

Radical Islam has declared WAR upon the West, and we sit by and make excuses for it like it is a peaceful religion which it is not.

SUBMISSION

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join