It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect electric Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I tried Searching under Phoneix motorcar in the threads i found nothing I hope this hasnt been posted before if so my apologies.

Source:
www.techeblog.com...
phoenixmotorcars.com...

Phoenix Motorcars has developed what could possibly be the perfect electric car. Classified as a Sport Utility Truck (SUT), this vehicle “can cruise on the freeway at up to 95 m.p.h. while carrying five passengers and a full payload.” One more picture after the jump.

The Phoenix Motorcars SUV will be introduced in late 2007, having a range of 130 miles, and can be recharged in less than 10 minutes with an off-board charging unit or trickle-charged overnight when plugged into a 220V power source, similar to the SUT. The estimated cost to recharge the battery pack is a small fraction of equivalent gasoline costs

Phoenix is currently working on an expanded battery pack that will allow a 250 mile range, still permitting a 10 minute charge and available in late 2007

Green Fleet Advantages:
* Zero emissions
* All-battery power - NanoSafe™ production battery pack system
* 100+ miles per charge
* Speeds of 95 m.p.h. carrying five passengers and full payload
* High torque: 0 to 60 m.p.h. in 10 seconds
* Long battery pack life: 250,000 miles/12+ years
* Off board charger: 10 minutes to recharge to 95% capacity
* On board charger: 6 hours to recharge from 220V plug-in
* California Air Resources Board (CARB)-Certified
* Available configurations:
o Mid-Size 4-Door Pickup (SUT)
o Mid-Size SUV

Production Estimate:
They estimate a sales production of 500 vehicles for 2007 and 6,000 vehicles for 2008.

Wonder if they will work without a problem in colder climates such as Northern Canada

[edit on 12/26/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
100 mile range... it's far from perfect. A pickup or SUV would be more suited for a Plug-in Electric Drive Flexi-Fuel Hybrid vehicle(man that's a mouthful).

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From site posted:

Phoenix is currently working on an expanded battery pack that will allow a 250 mile range, still permitting a 10 minute charge and available in late 2007

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Okay, thats a bit better though it still pales in comparison to diesel. I don't see this having much of an impact in the trades until they can get the range beyond anything diesel can do. Suburbanites may flock to it though especially eco-conscious soccer moms

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wonder what heat ,defrost and AC do to the mileage. Whats the cost??

mikell

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
AC doesn't impact mileage all that much. Rolling down the windows impacts mileage more then turning on the AC. Defrost also doesn't take that much energy if used in tandem with scraping and anti-freeze wiper fluid.

BTW, the average amount of miles per day the average person drives is roughly 30 miles.

apc

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh contraire! All these things are no big deal with an IC engine. But if your only energy source is a battery, you're looking at some serious power needs.

In IC engines the impact of driving the A/C compressor depends on the strength of the motor, the air temperature, how much power is being sent to the wheels. Driving the compressor with an electric motor... well... how much is your electric bill in the summer?

I dunno what defrosters use, but any heating element is going to need a lot of juice. Especially the cabin heater. Normally you get free heat from the engine coolant. If you'll want the equivalent output from your vents, you can probably expect 1000watts worth of heating coils.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by apc]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
boring ppl like the rawr of the engine tbh if ppl wanted to be safe and smooth all the time the self driving car would have been implemented the roads in japan are more then cap of taking these ppl

top topics

join