It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deaths in Iraq Exceed 9/11 Count

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Im a veteran so i have paid my dues thank you very much. As far as Iraqi's, Iranians, Saudi's etc, any country who harbors terrorists, or trains them or aids and abets them is fair game. We told Pakistan right after 9/11 that they better support us or we were going to bomb them. They obliged. The rest of the world has been put on notice...you are with us or against us.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
We told Pakistan right after 9/11 that they better support us or we were going to bomb them. They obliged. The rest of the world has been put on notice...you are with us or against us.

Yeah . . .good old Pakistan. . . that complained about the US scare tactics and gave our government a slap when made a pack with Al-qaida.

Yes, war on terror works, our nation has lost so much credibility that now the nations that used to be worry of our might just blantanly challenges us.

Yes they have chosen to be against us.

And our soldiers lives are the price.

Blind trust renders people ingnorance of the reality.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
....and benign neglect leads to the stupidity of the pacifists.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
....and benign neglect leads to the stupidity of the pacifists.

Would it be too much to ask you to stick to the topic and not insult ANYONE?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And what the hell do other deaths have to do with anything? Is that supposed to justify this war somehow? If someone killed your daughter, would you tell yourself, "Oh, well, I'm sure a lot of people died in car accidents today..."??

By comparing other deaths it shows the relative low numbers of soldiers dead in a WAR, as opposed to random other things like talking on a cell phone and driving at the same time.

A while back I saw a report showing the number of troop deaths of soldiers who died BEFORE they went to Iraq, and it's a heck of alot more than the numbers killed IN Iraq.

The American soldier is safer in Iraq than they are on the highways of the United States, or being out after dark in any Metropolitan area.

I just heard that there are a bunch of Anti-War activist getting ready to protest (celebrate) #3000 this weekend. I'm sure they will have a great time!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
By comparing other deaths it shows the relative low numbers of soldiers dead in a WAR, as opposed to random other things like talking on a cell phone and driving at the same time.

A while back I saw a report showing the number of troop deaths of soldiers who died BEFORE they went to Iraq, and it's a heck of alot more than the numbers killed IN Iraq.

The American soldier is safer in Iraq than they are on the highways of the United States, or being out after dark in any Metropolitan area.

I wouldn't mind seeing a link to look at these stats.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I wouldn't mind seeing a link to look at these stats.

Links about cell phones/driving, murders and car accidents are in my 1st post.

I tried finding something about soldier deaths in general, excluding Iraq and found nothing. I swear I saw something awhile back about it, or it could have been about people that signed up for the military but died before their induction. Anyway I would imagine the numbers are close.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Just to be clear, I'm not a pacifist. I believe war is necessary in some circumstances. It's this war I'm so terribly against for reasons I'm sure you've heard more times than you can count.

This is a meaningless and futile war, fought for the wrong reasons against the wrong people.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Exactly...ive said many times to folks that Iraq was the wrong war but at the right time. The only difference being that the war should have been against Iran.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
is iraq really a war?
i mean, the congress didn't declare war on iraq
maybe we should refer to it as a horrible abuse of executive powers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join