It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deaths in Iraq Exceed 9/11 Count

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Three more American soldiers were killed in Iraq, officials said Tuesday, pushing the U.S. military death toll to at least 2,975 - two more than the number killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Well, now what? Have we done this for long enough yet? We've sent more than the number of 9/11 victims to their death and where has it gotten us? What have we fixed? We're in worse shape than we were then as far as security, national relations, economy and in several other areas... Our country is more divided than we've ever been. We're spending billions to send our people to their deaths...

What do we do now?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Three more American soldiers were killed in Iraq, officials said Tuesday, pushing the U.S. military death toll to at least 2,975 - two more than the number killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

What do we do now?

Exactly!
I heard this on the radio today and just shook my head.
What do we do?
I'm not so sure I want to say what we should do, and leave it at that!

Merry Christmas to all.
helen

May your souls R.I.P ...to the soldiers and all the people that passed away recently.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The news also strike me hard, specially when compare to the 9/11 casualties.

Is incomprehensible for some including me to find an excuse that sounds good enough to justified this deaths. . .

I guess . . . when it come to humanity and the powers that rules our world and our nations we are all guilty of one and each of those deaths, the 9/11 ones and the ones of our soldiers and the innocents than die in the name of, either, terror, democracy or freedom.

But when it comes to government doings it becomes so hypocritical how death has a justification with not accountability.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
congrats mr bush!

you've double the number of americans you can exploit in your fear mongering

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah, well done Georgy boy, you think when you double the loss, you triple the win?
...or far beyond that, probably

...but do you really think, the bigger the loss, the greater the win?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, it's true if the death toll is not under-reported, as has been suggested in other threads, and by the Iraqi resistance. Can anyone say for sure that the US government is so truthful they wouldn't lie about even this?

And of course, while everyone focuses on this valuable loss of American soldiers' lives - soldiers, who, after all, volunteered - the Iraqi numbers look more like 200 9/11s.

Just trying to offer a bit of perspective.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ive gotta hand it to Georgie, I completely under estimated him.

Here I was wondering how a man could sleep at night, knowing he allowed 3000 of his own citizens to be murdered, by a foreign nation all so it could benefit him, and his friends.

Clearly, he has no problems sleeping at night.

But knowing he's sent 6000 of his own citizens to there deaths, all to benefit himself, and his friends.. now thats quite a burdon on ones mind.
But then adding the countless Iraqi's, the orphans, widowed wives, lone fathers.........

Obviously, george isnt human.

How can anyone, still smile, still continue to lie, and justify this act?

Any moral, dignified human being with a soul... shouldnt have to, and wouldnt be able to.

where does that leave you george?

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Quote: "What do we do now?"

We now take this thing onto Iran. The war on terror and on the nations who sponsor terror has just begun my friends. This war is going to be very LONG so you may as well get used to it. If those cowards hadnt knocked down the towers then this wouldnt be happening. If you wanna blame someone then there's a good start. They drew first blood and now they are going to pay. Yeah we will pay as well with war-time casualties but thats the price of war. War isnt pretty, but then again thats why is called "war" and not "cooking class". The Islamic extemists are going down and we wont lose a seconds sleep about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The Islamic extemists are going down and we wont lose a seconds sleep about it.

Or put a second's effort into thinking about it either, by the looks of things.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Let's look at other deaths around the United States that surpass the 9/11 deaths.

These are in just one year

# of Murders in the US 16,000
www.disastercenter.com...
# of Car Accident deaths 42,000
www.car-accidents.com...
# of Drunk Driving Deaths 16,000
www.alcoholalert.com...
# of fire related deaths 3,000
www.cdc.gov...
# of people dead because of the use of a cell phone while driving 2,600
www.findarticles.com...

I could go on and on.....

US Troop deaths in other major wars...

# of US soldiers dead in Viet Nam 58,000
www.mrfa.org...
# of US soldiers dead in WW2 500,000
www.historyplace.com...
# in WW1 116,000
www.english.emory.edu...

This fascination with the body count of our dead soldiers is sick. When an important number comes up I swear some people want to throw a party or something. Remember the 2,000th casualty? The media had a countdown like it was a new year. Get ready for number 3,000. The countdown has already started.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by RRconservative]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They drew first blood and now they are going to pay. Yeah we will pay as well with war-time casualties but thats the price of war. War isnt pretty, but then again thats why is called "war" and not "cooking class". The Islamic extemists are going down and we wont lose a seconds sleep about it.

Ok mate, then are you signed up to back up your words? Is your father? Your son or daughter? Or are you fine as long as it's another spilling their own blood for this vendetta?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
[snip]

This fascination with the body count of our dead soldiers is sick. When an important number comes up I swear some people want to throw a party or something. Remember the 2,000th casualty? The media had a countdown like it was a new year. Get ready for number 3,000. The countdown has already started.

As with the last poster, are YOU willing to contibute in this venture or are you just going to pooh-pooh those that gave their live for this bogus venture?

BTW, why is it sick to point out the sacrifice that these sevicemen/women have made? They did their duty. Have a bit of a guilty conscience?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If those cowards hadnt knocked down the towers then this wouldnt be happening.

Those cowards in Iraq and Iran, you mean?

They drew first blood and now they are going to pay.

"They" who? Iraqis? Iranians?

... we wont lose a seconds sleep about it.

I have no doubt of this...

Originally posted by intrepid
are YOU willing to contibute in this venture or are you just going to pooh-pooh those that gave their live for this bogus venture?

*crickets chirping*

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
so...

i guess its not a just war then

remember, proportionality...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

[snip]

As with the last poster, are YOU willing to contibute in this venture or are you just going to pooh-pooh those that gave their live for this bogus venture?

BTW, why is it sick to point out the sacrifice that these sevicemen/women have made? They did their duty. Have a bit of a guilty conscience?

@ Benevolent Heretic

It only takes 5 minutes for crickets to chirp? Jees give a person a chance to look over recent posts.

@ Intrepid

Pointing out sacrifice is great But doing a countdown that compares to New Years Eve is sick! And Yes I do believe there will be people celebrating the 3,000th death

I served honorably in the US Army from 1987-1990, I thought putting down people who never served was reserved for elected officials? The troops simply want our support...nothing more...and I am behind them and their Commander in Chief 100%

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

When an important number comes up I swear some people want to throw a party or something.

Nobody wants to party here that I know of.

The point is how many people must die to take revenge on the deaths of 9/11? The reason this number is 'important' is because we have now sent to their deaths as many who's deaths we're supposedly fighting to avenge. If the 9/11 deaths were so tragic, why aren't these? Why don't we STOP??? We couldn't stop 9/11 but we CAN stop this...

How many will be worth it? 5000? 10,000? 100,000? How many Americans must die to put right the damage that was done to us? (With no indication that anything is changing, by the way)

There's no reason to believe that we can ever 'win' this stupid war on terrorism because no matter how many people we kill and no matter how many of our people die, there will be more and more and more terrorists born and they'll hate the US more and more and more. THIS ISN'T WORKING!!! What we're doing is FEEDING terrorism, not diminishing it.

And what the hell do other deaths have to do with anything? Is that supposed to justify this war somehow? If someone killed your daughter, would you tell yourself, "Oh, well, I'm sure a lot of people died in car accidents today..."??

rich, I have had the same thoughts about the death toll being underreported.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

But doing a countdown that compares to New Years Eve is sick!

Where is this countdown?

The troops simply want our support...nothing more...and I am behind them

I support the troops, too. I don't want any more to die.

Why don't you join back up or whatever if you support the war? Why aren't you there, letting a guy who's in his third tour come home and see his children? If you think they're doing the right thing, why are you here???

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

@ Intrepid

Pointing out sacrifice is great But doing a countdown that compares to New Years Eve is sick! And Yes I do believe there will be people celebrating the 3,000th death

No, it's wanting to limit further deaths of honourable men and women.

I served honorably in the US Army from 1987-1990,

In that case, thank you.

I thought putting down people who never served was reserved for elected officials? The troops simply want our support...nothing more...and I am behind them and their Commander in Chief 100%

That is an oxymoron(no insult intended), your CIC is elected and I see no reason to support this individual that sends honourable men and women to their end for NO good reason.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I support the troops . . . but the killing has to stop.

We already had blood spilled in 9/11 . . . but how more blood our nation has to spill for retaliation.

In Iraq . . . but wait a moment . . . what Iraq has to do with 9/11?

How sad when memories seems to become foggy and we become forgetful. . .

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have never understood why people make such a big deal over the number of coalition causalities in Iraq. Coalition causalities have been very low in Iraq due to the fact that the Insurgency's primary target is other Iraqis rather then Coalition forces. Modern medical tech must also be increasing the number of wounded soldiers who live to fight another day.

Everything else has gone wrong but in terms of causalities the coalition has gotten off nearly Scott free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join