It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Arrests Iraq's Invited Guests (from Iran)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The US military has arrested 2 diplomats and 2 Iranian military personnel who were invited as guests of the Iraqi government. The diplomats have been released, but the military men remain as 'detainees' of the US military.

Iraqi President Talibani, who had invited the Iranians to his country, is said to be "unhappy" about the arrests.

Iraqi President Upset at US's Actions

Iraqi and Iranian authorities slammed the United States on Monday for having arrested several Iranians who were visiting Iraq.
The U.S. National Security Council confirmed that the American military arrested at least four Iranians in raids during the past week in Iraq, including two diplomats.
President Bush's national security adviser, Stephen Hadley, and officials from the U.S. State Department and the Iraqi government are involved in the delicate discussions over the fate of the detainees...

This appears to me to further support the suspicion that the Iraqi government is no more than a puppet government, installed by the US for looks rather than to actually run their own country.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Naaaaaaaaaaaaah. It isn't a 'puppet' thing. It's a 'information isn't getting where it should be' thing. At least, that's most likely what it is.

Hey ... to a bunch of tired, overworked and homesick Americans all those middle easterners will start to look alike.
Seriously though, let's just turn over the rest of the Iraqi government to the Iraqis and finish our withdrawl. We have started the turn over process. Let's finish it and get the heck out.

(BTW - my opinion on the 'extra' 50,000 troops going over is this - it's 3 years too late. It should have been done FIRST to stop the insurgents. Doing it now, when we are supposedly withdrawing and turning over control, makes no sense)

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This appears to me to further support the suspicion that the Iraqi government is no more than a puppet government, installed by the US for looks rather than to actually run their own country.

Flyers as funny as it may sound . . . I will have to agree with BH. . . this is been my suspicion all alone . . .the truth is that the Iraqi government is nothing more than for show . . . Bush is the president of Iraq.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
(BTW - my opinion on the 'extra' 50,000 troops going over is this - it's 3 years too late. It should have been done FIRST to stop the insurgents. Doing it now, when we are supposedly withdrawing and turning over control, makes no sense)

There's a perfectly good reason for that: withdrawal is a pipe dream.

The whole point of the Iraq adventure was never "liberation" or "exporting democracy" or any of that delusional nonsense. As the Iraqis know all too well, it is about asset-stripping the country.

How can they continue to do that without troops to enforce it? Answer: they can't. Why are there so many secret deep desert bases? Answer: to keep a grip on Iraq and extend this asset stripping to its neighbours, notably Iran.

These bases were planned and built long before the entrenched nature of the resistance became clear, when the neocons running the war thought it would be a "cakewalk". The US is not going to abandon these bases until they're kicked out by the Iraqis... which could still happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yes, why do they build the best fortified, bigger than the Vatican, a state within a state, wholly selfreliant embassy complex in Baghdad?

Like the huge desert bases, they're there to rule, not just in period of transition, but for a fair time to come.

For as long as ever shall last, they in their neocon ignorance think.

Billion dollar compounds, you just don't give over for at least 30 years.

And they'll be too colossal to move with conventional weapons, I'm afraid.

Happy 2007!!

[edit on 27-12-2006 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

join