It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are NO female angels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
well, considering the mindset of the ancient human male, if God had sent a famale angelic messenger, would he have listened to her? so maybe he did, and they were either ignored, or when the message was passed on, the person delivering change the female to male to give the message some more credibility? then again, if God knew their mindset and wanted the message to be taken seriously, well, he just might have just a male for that reason.

also.....if the angels were androngynous..however you spell it, and saw the women on earth and lusted for them, and came to earth to make them theirs....ummm.....what does that make them? fallen angels, or more to the point, fallen angels who favored the male within them more than the famale, becoming more physical beings, human beings at that....MALES!!!

there's so many could bes, might be's, possiblities, so, I don't think anyone can say for sure just what is out there in creation...just that if you don't believe that there are female angels, well, it will take an act of God for you to see one probably.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is so obvious.....the angels are all GAY!
Now don't start talking to me about gayness being sinful because heaven has its own rules you know, unlike earth it's the only option you got...and well anytime I see a depiction of an angel...male especially....it looks gay.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well - in light of everyones opinions I feel the need to post my own on the subject.

Who are we as mere mortals to place limitations or dictates on God's designs? Just because there is no mention of female angels/messengers (outside of the saints, of course...) in the bible does not mean they don't exist.

Personally, I wouldn't send a female into an uncivilized society with matters of importance either. Some valid posts have been made attesting the the misogynist attitudes of the times back then.

*two cents*

[edit on 27-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
Your not reading your bible. In Proverbs chapter 1 Wisdom is refered to as female so is Folly. Wisdom actually speaks in Proverbs saying she was there when God laid the foundation of the Earth.

Who said Wisdom was an Angel?

Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth."

These also can be interpreted as other than Angels, some kind of protective guides for babies perhaps.

The most extensive writings of the Angels and their functions was of course left out of the Bible completely, in the Book of Enoch. In this book I cannot find reference to any female angels.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thexsword

Perspectives.

I'm sure Christians (I am a Pagan) will disagree with your perspective of there being no female angels. I admit I have not read even one page of the bible nor had any inclination to burden my headspace with, what I consider to be, a publication rich in myth, distortions of fact and contradiction.
Just because female angels have not been included in bible does not exclude their existence in a biblical context.
Concerning the 'God created man' statement I suggest you weigh the evidence against evolution theories.

I don't quite see how you could make a good judgment on something that you haven't even been formally aquainted with. If you haven't even read the Bible, then I would have to say you have no authority to even have an opinion.

And I would have to say that there is much more scientific evidence promoting creation over evolution(unless of course you only read the evolution side, because they pick out the evidence that could possibly support their theorys). The Bible explains everything about the orgins of the universe, evolution explains very little.

Is it possible that there were only men angels, then God appointed women?

I would still imagine that they would be neither male or female aside from appearance possibly?

[edit on 27/12/2006 by anglosaxon]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This s something I've delved into over the last year or two.

To get the answer go to the beginning:

Genesis 1:27

GOD created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

In Genesis 6:2 (after the fall)

...that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. (implying masculine)

"sons of God" refers to fallen angels. (Their punishment for trying to pollute the gene pool: 2 Peter 4)

I believe than when angels (the host) were described earlier in Genesis, that since there were no specifics in gender and gender is only referenced as masculine later that they are "male".

Also remember that Eve was a special creation taken from Adam...part of his nature, emotions and physical being to make her fully female and Adam fully male; both created in the image of God.

Now is that to say that spirit beings cannot appear as anyone or anything? No. Even Satan masquerades as an angel of light, 2 Cor 11:14.

So, can angels appear as male or female, I believe they can. However, I believe that female humans are a special creation representing the nurturing nature of God separated from Adam, he (Adam) retaining the masculine qualities.

No such separation is made when referring to angels.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
An angel came to me about six weeks after my first child was born and it came in the guise of an older woman to comfort me. I had had a bad result with a post partum PAP smear and I was refered to an oncologist. I was walking in the grocery store with my baby in a carriage, worried about whether I would see her grow up and an old woman approached me and said, "This life is good." As she walked away I turned to look at her and she was gone-in a split second. I went all over the store to try and find her but I couldn't. Anyway I held on to that message for a long time and it really did comfort me. I believe that angels are beings of light with no gender but perhaps they appear to us in a way to make us more comfortable and not threatened?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
An angel came to me about six weeks after my first child was born and it came in the guise of an older woman to comfort me.

I believe you, because when my daughter was born. . . one also like a mature woman came to my side right after I was taken to recovery to give me a message.

I was so taken by what she said to me that. . . when she disappeared I ask the nurse who the woman was and she looked at me funny and said that the only person in the room was me another lady that just gave birht also . . .and her.

Is incredible how divine beings work.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
thanks for all the creative and excellent replies. i love this forum because of all of your opinions and beliefs. i guess i wanted to post about this topic because it being christmas and all. and everywhere i see there are depictions of angels and stuff and i just dont believe there are female angels. As posted above "sons of god" is how angels are described in the bible. this is clearly male. now of course they are spirits but yes they are in the form of humanoids as far as i can tell. what else would they be circular blobs? oh well who knows for sure but from the bible it gives the impression that they are indeed fully male. i dont know where peoploe come up with idea of androgenous (however thats spelled) because theres one account of lot where 2 angels came to visit him and the gay (very very gay) townspeople wanted lot to hand them over to them to rape them. lot offered his 2 daughters who as described were very beautiful but they didnt want them they wanted the 2 male angels. so therefore they were clearly male not some freak half male/half female thing. anyways good topic in my oppinion!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
i get a little tired of seeing displays and statues of female angels.

Well why don't you take a very long nap, it is so sad that you have to discuss the gender of Angels.
This baord can not not determine the validaty of a statement.

I am female and it is indifferent to me.
In the Bible they are primarily male, yes, but no where does it state that female angels are exluded?
WIS
(my spell-check doesn't work, sorry)

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by HooHaa
Your not reading your bible. In Proverbs chapter 1 Wisdom is refered to as female so is Folly. Wisdom actually speaks in Proverbs saying she was there when God laid the foundation of the Earth.

Who said Wisdom was an Angel?

Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth."

These also can be interpreted as other than Angels, some kind of protective guides for babies perhaps.

The most extensive writings of the Angels and their functions was of course left out of the Bible completely, in the Book of Enoch. In this book I cannot find reference to any female angels.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by interestedalways]

I never said Wisdom was an angel, but if we have wisdom as female, folly as female and the stork girls being female. Then how can one make the absurd assumption that there are no female angels. Which btw as someone already pointed out angel means messenger. Any earthly female with a message from God could be considered a female angel. Now that I think of it wisdom is an angel because she does have a message for us in proverbs.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am deeply saddened that the true answer to this assumption has not been stated...It has been danced all around, but not given....

It is very simple really...

Angels are INCORPOREAL....

incorporeal- adj : without material form or substance

Angels are simply forms of energy, lacking matter of any sort....

This would imply that they would be able to manipulate (with the aid of God?) that energy into forms that we as simple-minded beings could associate with....Thus, you see the traditional image of a winged being, be it male or female in appearance.

Personally, I believe someone can "see" an angel either in the form that most benefits the "seer" at the time...to bring comfort....or in the form that they take from the traditional image (what they have seen an angel represented as their entire life).

Angels are generally accepted to have been created before man and of the energies of fire and light...This would also explain the traditional view of them being surrounded by bright light. In my opinion, however you wish to take it, this is because they are still beings of pure energy, and not the embodied messengers we all wish to make them out to be.

Yes, before you try and make an assumption, I do believe in angels.

I do not, however, find any validity in either side of the argument over whether or not they are "male." To me, this argument is all a part of the neo-Christian agenda to further the opression of women...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rowdyroddy

Read Zec 5:9. There is 2 female angels mentioned

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join