It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2 Quake - Taiwan - Tsunami

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"annunaki reptilians"?

I don't know if this is the same thing or not. Another thread just referenced this -
Anunnaki/Summerian origins of life

It didn't speak of those 'reptilians' that people are talking about here, but it was still an interesting video about Summerians and Anunnaki were brought up. No reptiles though.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Same as the stupid government being able to control the weather this is utter BS

You need to do some research into HAARP,cloud seeding etc. your statement above is just plain wrong, they CAN control the weather, the people working on HAARP ADMIT THEMSELVES that YES, it CAN create earthquakes.

Look into the GEORGIA STONES as well, and ask yourself WHY this is even allowed to stand there when it promotes nothing less than MASS genocide, look at the languages its written in as well...very strange.

If the government really wanted to cut the population of the planet they would and not by making it look like mother nature did it.

And this statement itself shows why you wouldn't make a very good malevolent leader, as making it look like the WEATHER did it IS THE BEST WAY to avoid blame.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The quake damaged several undersea data cables. Capacity has been reduced to 50 percent.

Channelnewsasia.com: Taiwan quake disrupts Internet

27 December 2006

The strong Taiwan earthquake, measuring a magnitude of 7.1, damaged several undersea data cables in the region on Wednesday, jamming up the Internet, a Hong Kong phone operator said.

"Due to the earthquake that hit Taiwan last night, several undersea data cables were damaged," said a spokesman for PCCW, Hong Kong's biggest fixed-line operator.

"Data traffic to Taiwan, Korea, Japan and the United States is affected," he said, adding that the company was diverting the data and monitoring the restoration of the cables.

The spokesman said data capacity has been reduced to 50 percent, and that there had been an upsurge in attempts to accessing the web in the region as people were trying to get information about the quake.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Edit to add:
It has come to my ear that my Channelnewsasia (Singapore) link is for the moment unavailable in the U.S. It works fine here in Europe and expect it to be available again soon for the U.S.

Here's another link which will hopefully be available in the U.S.:
Bloomberg.com: Singapore Telecom, PCCW Say Internet Disrupted by Taiwan Quakes

Thanks for the tip!

[edit on 2006/12/26 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It appears that the APCN2 cables were damaged the most.
VOIP and normal internet connectivity is affected on the dark blue lines in the image below.

Ref:
www.starhub.com...

bitstop.com.ph...

voipguides.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The fact that the same place has been hit by Earthquakes on the same day is very suspiciouse indeed, I do think there is a chance man could of created these quakes but i don't think they intended on killing over 200.000 people.

I do however believe in this Theory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On November 28th, one month ago, Reuters reported that during a 3 day span 169 whales and dolphins beached themselves in Tasmania, an island of the southern coast of mainland Australia and in New Zealand.

Whale Beachings in Tasmania, Australia and New Zealand on November 30th, 2004

The cause for these beachings is not known, but Bob Brown, a senator in the Australian parliament, said "sound bombing" or seismic tests of ocean floors to test for oil and gas had been carried out near the sites of the Tasmanian beachings recently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So could blowing sound waves into the sea floor to test for Oil and Gas have something to do with the plates shifting.

Link to source

[edit on 27-12-2006 by psycho81]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by Mouth

The only reason that comes to mind is to reduce the Earth's population, or maybe just for the hell of it. A show of force, like dropping the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki.

I find the second part of the above statement affending and more then a little antagonistic. Perhaps the poster should review WWII history and then if they feel the need to make such statement back them up with an explanation of why he/she feels that way. Beside this is way off topic. Keep the US bashing to the appropriote threads, please.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Ikema]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Does anyone also notice that the quakes of December 26 annualy are travelling farther East? Could Japan be in it in the next couple of years? Followed by California within the next decade? What if something is forcing its way out of the Pacific, and these quakes are a result of it? I just think it is odd that each year they travel farther East on the same day.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I just got to thinking a couple of things about the internet lines being cut and service being interrupted to large swaths of Asia. My first and most parsimonious thought is that it's just another earthquake in a region prone to them, and this time it damaged a whole bunch of cable.

Other thoughts about this quake and the telecom interruption with a more ATS appropriate slant.

The regular timing of these after Christmas quakes is strange.

If bird flu were going pandemic in China, Taiwan, SE asia, or Hong Kong this would be a great way to keep a global panic from starting. We know govts and corps control the media so if internet and phone service were down how would we know if Asia went pandemic.

If scalar weapons exist, and China has them, could it be economic warfare against Taiwan and Japan as a prelude to Taiwan invasion. Unlikely because the second worst hit place seems to be Hong Kong.(If scalar weapons exist then my bet is only US and Russia have them).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join