It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2 Quake - Taiwan - Tsunami

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A Magnitude 7.2 quake has just hit near Taiwan. A quake of such magnitude has likely caused a lot of damage.

USGS: Magnitude 7.2 - TAIWAN REGION

2006 December 26 12:26:25 UTC

If you get any news from there, please post it

edit to add:

Taiwan Quake Sparks Tsunami Fear
Sky News

breaking...

An earthquake has shaken the sea floor off the coast of Taiwan, sparking fears of a tsunami. More follows...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2006/12/26 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
SO tell me what a re the chances of 3 earthquakes happening on the same day in the last 4 years
2003-iran,bam
2004-indian ocean
2006-taiwan 7.2

may i say scaler weapons

[edit on 26-12-2006 by manchurian_candidate]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Good grief, a 6.4 aftershock coming in from CNN. And this on the day that Thailand is marking the tsunami anniversary.

I hope everyone is ok.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
A tsunami is heading for the Philippines!

BBC: Strong quake strikes off Taiwan

A strong earthquake of magnitude 7.2 has struck off Taiwan, according to the US Geological Survey.

Japan's Metrological Agency says the quake has triggered a 1-m (3.3 ft) tsunami heading for the Philippines

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
A tsunami is heading for the Philippines!

BBC: Strong quake strikes off Taiwan

A strong earthquake of magnitude 7.2 has struck off Taiwan, according to the US Geological Survey.

Japan's Metrological Agency says the quake has triggered a 1-m (3.3 ft) tsunami heading for the Philippines

I wouldn't classify a 3ft wave as a deadly tsunami.

Hope everyone is ok though

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
here's an overview map
earthquake.usgs.gov...

click large colored square & Map centers on 20N, 120E...
of last hours +7 quake

the details are here; earthquake.usgs.gov...

hope its only a 3' tsunami & doesn't keep building up before Philippines

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate
SO tell me what a re the chances of 3 earthquakes happening on the same day in the last 4 years
2003-iran,bam
2004-indian ocean
2006-taiwan 7.2

may i say scaler weapons

hmmm....

The Bible and Qu'ran do state there will be a increase of events like this in the end times, BUUUUUT lets not bring religion into this...

Has a Tsunami occured, like an eyewitness or just a warning?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

A 1m-high tsunami is reportedly heading for the east coast of the Philippines following an earthquake on the sea floor off the coast of Taiwan.

"There is a possibility of a destructive local tsunami," a spokesman for Japan's Meteorological Bureau said.

news.sky.com...

I just answered my own question...

[edit on 26-12-2006 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said no Pacific-wide tsunami was expected, although a local tsunami was possible, Reuters news agency reported.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The chances?

Well living along the Pacific Ring of Fire it is quite high.

Check out the image that I linked - it highlights the rim.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by crisko]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
OOOOOOOOPS - HELMUTT -

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I had this in Fragile Earth. Same story. Sorry. Would you do your MOD thing and take care of it? Thanks.

I think it's interesting that this happened at the anniversary of 'the big tsunami'. Kinda like God saying 'don't forget what happened'.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh, crap. I have family in the Philippines.

I hope nothing major happens.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

I'm willing to be corrected on this, but I think you'll find that a 3 foot tsunami in the open sea translates into something rather bigger and highly destructive in shallow coastal waters.

And yes, three boxing day tsunamis in four years - WTF? Scalar weapons are now, imo, likelier than coincidence to account for this. Plus, somebody's sending a message for those who can interpret it.

So who, and why?

Well, we know the US has HAARP, which can direct ULF radiation to "bang the earth like a gong". Supposedly Russia has a similar array, but I don't know anything about it apart from its rumoured existence.

The only reason that comes to mind is to reduce the Earth's population, or maybe just for the hell of it. A show of force, like dropping the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Taiwan central weather bureau reported two strong quakes, eight minutes apart.

Channelnewsasia.com: Two strong quakes rock Taiwan

The Taiwan central weather bureau reported there were two quakes.

It said the stronger tremor struck at 8:26 pm (1226 GMT), with its epicentre 23 kilometres (14 miles) southwest of Hengchun in Pingtung county in the southernmost tip of Taiwan. It originated 22 kilometres under the sea.

The second one hit about eight minutes later with its epicentre 12 kilometres west of Fangliao, in Pingtung. It originated 21 kilometres underground.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

A. Tsunamis travel at about 400-500 MPH. It doesn't matter what size something is if it hits at that speed, although they do slow as they approach land.

B. They also grow in height as they approach.

Because a tsunami behaves like a 'shallow water wave,' its speed is based on the depth of the water. Typically, a tsunami wave will travel across a deep ocean at an average speed of 400 to 500 mph.([2]). As the wave approaches land, the sea shallows and the tsunami wave no longer travels as quickly, so it begins to 'pile-up'; the wave-front becomes steeper and taller, and there is less distance between crests. While a person at the surface of deep water would probably not even notice the tsunami, the wave can increase to a height of six stories or more as it approaches the coastline and compresses. The steepening process is analogous to the cracking of a tapered whip. As a wave goes down the whip from handle to tip, the same energy is carried by less and less material, which as a consequence then moves more violently.
Wikipedia - Tsunami

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
three boxing day tsunamis in four years - WTF?

That got me as well. Rather odd isn't it? It doesn't seem coincidental. Either GOD or HAARP or _______ (fill in the blank) .... but something (or someone) is trying to get our attention with this date and this time in history. (I sound paranoid, but hey .. that's what I am)

At any rate ... the news says that it is a 3 foot tsunami BUT that they are watching because it could easily grow from that.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's also occurred to me that it's rather odd that everyone's worried about the Philippines, but nobody's mentioning China. IF the USG is using scalar weapons to send a message to someone, China would be the obvious recipient of such a message, and yet goes unmentioned as being threatened by this tsunami.

It's the things they leave out of news items that you have to watch out for.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You guys wanna read this article.It says that the annunaki reptilians did the 2004 tsunami and it was the first cataclysm
xeeatwelve.com...

creepy it says the second cataclysm will kill 2\3 of the pop and the third will wipe off the human race and all would happen within 2008

also this is OT but if you liked the www.xeeatwelve.com articles then be sure to check www.therealmatrix.com

Where you guys see coincidence about 3Eq in 4 years i say synchronocities

[edit on 26-12-2006 by manchurian_candidate]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
"annunaki reptilians"?

who or what are they?...nothing to do with David Icke right?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Annunaki reptilians WTF this is a stupid theory anyone who believes in this needs to spend some time away from the Internet. Same as the stupid government being able to control the weather this is utter BS. If the government really wanted to cut the population of the planet they would and not by making it look like mother nature did it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join