It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonary on Abovetopsecret...Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm a mason, and rarely if ever post on the secret societies board.

This is probably my first post on SS in 3-6 months. I come to ATS first for developing news stories I need in my job. Secondly I come for entertainment.

I don't post about masonry, simply because ATS has no collective memory. The attack on masonry this week will read the same as the thread from October, which is a rehash of a similarly worded attack from February 2005, etc. Often by the same poster, or a sock puppet. You aren't going to make any "progress," any more than you will with your crazy alzheimer-ridden patient in a nursing home.

Not worth my ongoing energy, except maybe twice a year or so. It's like wishing happy birthday to some senile old man. I do it because of who I am, not because of who the patient is.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why are you here? I come here for entertainment, and there are many who are VERY entertaining. I also come to read out of the ordinary experiences from other people, as I had a few myself,

I read most of the sections here, but only occasionally post on them and most often it is this one.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I don't post about masonry, simply because ATS has no collective memory. The attack on masonry this week will read the same as the thread from October, which is a rehash of a similarly worded attack from February 2005, etc. Often by the same poster, or a sock puppet. You aren't going to make any "progress," any more than you will with your crazy alzheimer-ridden patient in a nursing home.

Not worth my ongoing energy, except maybe twice a year or so. It's like wishing happy birthday to some senile old man. I do it because of who I am, not because of who the patient is.

I quite understand your position, and I know many masons who take a similar view. Personally I am here for the lurkers, as for every nutjob there are 5 intelligent posters and probably up to 100 lurkers. In a very small way I see myself trying to put the record straight about freemasonry in an environment which can be hostile, can be rewarding but is always entertaining.

I wouldn't ask this of anyone else, but I'm glad one or two others feel the same. It would be lonely otherwise

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
I am well aware that the freemasons are a society with secrets, as apposed to being a 'secret society.' There are many Freemasons on ATS, and are familiar with the Secret Societies Field. My question is 'why?

I understand that Freemasonary is always under scrutiny for being a secret society, or having an 'evil' agenda. But surely the reason for your being here cannot only be to defend yourselves. Surely there is more to it than just that... So why?

I think Freemasons are on ATS for the same reason that I am, or you are, or Rotarians are, or Boy Scouts, or soccer moms, or little league dads, or...anybody.

My next door neighbor is a Freemason, but that's not how he would define himself. He would problably say he's a guy with a wife and two kids, he works every weekday and he likes to ski, golf and take care of his garden. The only time I see him as a Freemason is when his lodge has their annual chicken barbeque dinner (they roast the tastiest chickens around!), or when they march in the memorial day parade.

My point is, he would be just like everyone else that likes to frequent this board (if he even does frequent this board?).

I know I'm on ATS because it's fun to see other peoples viewpoints, and it makes for very entertaining reading. I suspect that most of the members of ATS that just happen to be Freemasons, also frequent this board for the same reasons.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I post here simply because I will not stand for having myself and my friends accused of everything from child murder to trying to take over the world.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by RWPBR]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The thing that gets me with the freemasons is the references to Lucifer in their books and things. What is the deal with that? It just seems like something dark and mysterious is going on behind the scenes and secrets dont help that image. Maybe some members could clear that up...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
The thing that gets me with the freemasons is the references to Lucifer in their books and things. What is the deal with that? It just seems like something dark and mysterious is going on behind the scenes and secrets dont help that image. Maybe some members could clear that up...

Well, I'm not a mason, but I can think of one masonic book the masons use that makes refernces to Lucifer - The King James Bilble.

As I said, I'm not a mason, but I know some of the masonic history and traditions. They are not a religious organization, and they do not have a single masonic religious "bible" per se. While masons believe in a god (a Supreme Being who is the "Architect of the Universe), all masons are free to worship this god in any way he pleases (thus a jew, a prodestant, a catholic, a muslim, a buddhist, or a hindu could be a freemason.)

If you want to know how Lucifer and the masons got "mixed up together", please do some research into Leo Taxil and the "Taxil Hoax"
en.wikipedia.org...

But please - I welcome an actual freemason to respond to the post above mine (or correct any inaccuracies in my post.)

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
the term "Lucifer" is probably the biggest misconception in history. Lucifer IS NOT the name of the biblical adversary... NOR is Satan (Satan literally means adverdsary)

The name of the biblical adversary is never mentioned in the bible.. nor is the true name of God, and lucifer appears in the bible ONCE

Lucifer, isnt even hebrew.. it is latin, and it means lightbringer.. and it is the latin equivilant to the god-head figure known as venus.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You guys know nothing and live in a conditioned reality, that is why you are freemasons. Come back when you climb in the hierarchy and get to know some real stuff (which will never happen). Are you even aware of that you are participating in disguised satanic rituals?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
it would seem that you live in a similarly conditioned reality, one where you belive everything your told. a world were you seem to know everything about something you know nothing about.

if your not a mason.. and you have never participated in a masonic ritual.. then who are you to say what it is?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
C'mon Becon!

Did you just happen to have a little extra troll food lying around?

Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well troll just doesnt cook up right unless you fatten it up first

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kandah
You guys know nothing and live in a conditioned reality, that is why you are freemasons. Come back when you climb in the hierarchy and get to know some real stuff (which will never happen). Are you even aware of that you are participating in disguised satanic rituals?

ARRGHH!! I've been worshipping Satan without even knowing it! My prayers for the sick, poor and oppressed are actually litanies of evil and blasphemy, spiritually encrypted and diverted to benefit the Evil One!!

What a dupe I am!!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My personal reason is I love to argue...about most anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i could present the same argument about the catholic church-i've been supporting child molesters all this time! we all know thats not true, but any idgit could make that conclusion because of the actions of a few.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I love these masonic posts. People love or crave to understand something that is mysterious to them. If they don't understand it, then they ridicule it and call it all sorts.

Yeah I am a Freemason and I don't think I've ever hear satans name mentioned in the lodge. Although i may have been sleeping when it was mentioned lol.

I actually love to read the stuff written about Freemasonry on here and elsewhere on the net. Some of it would make a best seller. I wonder if Dan Brown's researching his latest novel on here??

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have said it time and time again. Everyone keeps referring to the Masons as a "secret" society. They are not...

Definitions of secret society

An organization, such as a lodge, that requires its members to conceal certain activities, such as its rites of initiation, from outsiders.

Linky

Looks like freemasons are members of secret society.

As for their purpose in this forum. There was a problem with masons wolfpacking in debunking some members, champion for masonry and using ATS for their recruitment purposes, but that was resolved with banning of two overzelous members (sebatwerk and senrak). They gave the expression "spreading the brotherly love" a whole new meaning.

But than again only oneself can really know why is here on ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join