It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Conservative Presidential Candidates

page: 54
<< 51  52  53   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
. Use first enlistment innocents on Level 1 jobs. Hand out candy boys. Use commandos and special forces for Level 2 jobs. Kick ass boys. Kick so hard that kickee can’t ever kick back!

You have presented a sound idea but it is doubtful that there would be sufficient political will for the deployment of special forces in the globes hot spots . So we could end up back at square one.

If we can't FIX a problem in 6 months, we don't want to be involved.

Much like thanks to Nelson the British People once expected an overwhelming naval victory every time the majority of the US public cant fathom any war that isnt over in six weeks and won with massive amounts of fire power .

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

. . the majority of the US public cant fathom any war that isnt over in six weeks and won with massive amounts of fire power .

We have allowed ourselves to be DUPED. Ad to the warning about the Military Industrial MEDIA Complex. Rupert Murdoch at his worst. Over here, tv ads are billed according to the percent of audience. The loudmouth buffons on FOX get high ratings. Thats why CNN has GONE FOX. Watch Glen Beck (if you can) for 30 seconds and you'll see FOX Jr.

Dispassionate thoughtful discussion of current events is found ONLY on PBS and the Republicans have been trying to KILL it for 30 years! Up here, any good show on PBS will show in the credits, BBC. If it was not for BBC the PBS would be OFF the air. TexacoChevron has a totally self-serving AD on PBS - not supposed to have ads - that paints itself as an "OIL company trying to save the environment!" that goes on for 20 seconds. Sweet Jesus!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Dispassionate thoughtful discussion

You do mean...

Passionate LIBERAL thoughtless discussion, right?

I have been a news hound for more years than I care to recall and I have NEVER been able to stomach the blatant, unrelenting Liberal drivel that is pure PBS....

Of course I can see a Liberal thinking it is news, funny, but I can understand it..

Semper

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You do mean ... Passionate LIBERAL thoughtless discussion, right? I have been a news hound for more years than I care to recall and I have NEVER been able to stomach the blatant, unrelenting Liberal drivel . . I can see a Liberal thinking it is news, funny, but I can understand it..

Liberal? I have come to believe it is genetic. By age 19 I was subscribing to The Nation. And to other high achievers, like The Reporter, a bi-weekly of the highest journalistic quality. Over the years I have subscribed to The Manchester Guardian Weekly by air, from England. In those halcyon days of the printed word, Alistair Cooke was its Foreign Correspondent in the US. It was odd to read better informed, more accurate analysis of current events in America in an English weekly paper but still timely as it arrived by Tuesday covering the previous week.

Once upon a time the WSJ gave its restive left leaning staff members an opportunity to show what they had. The result was a weekly, The National Observer. Printed Saturday AM and delivered on Monday. It got raves from critics for its penetrating insights. None of the bland filibuster material to be found in the WSJ. That one written by the same people who either read or wrote Annual Reports. After a short 2 year run, the WSJ withdrew the NO because the WSJ’s mostly RIGHT wing advertisers and readers did not want the WHOLE story. At least not in print with the imprimatur of the WJS hidden in the ownership information section. Dow Jones. It gave the lie to the WSJ which unlike the NYTimes, reported only HALF the news fit to print. The New Republic back then was half left but today, it has morphed into a libertarian-style advocacy journal rather than a NEWS reporting vehicle.

I was lucky to be born in one of the FEW American cities with ta GOOD daily newspaper. The Louisville Courier-Journal. Despite having been bought by the Gannett (USA Today) chain, they have let it run in its traditional way, a premo news gathering organization that knows hype from ripe. There are not a dozen papers equal to the CJ in America. Over my lifetime I’ve read between 1,500 and 3,000 books. I’ve subscribed to at least 20 first class magazines like the Scientific American, Harper’s, the Atlantic Monthly and Newsweek. I have read English car mags, Auto and CAR and off and on, The Economist. Road & Track. Car and Driver. The monthly Science, Discovery and once to Foreign Affairs Quarterly. I once possessed the entire first 10 years of the then quarterly Biblical Archeological Review. But, I say all that only to say that I try to be “widely read” so that I can (I hope) detect falsehoods or slants early on. To learn popular "code" words or "loaded" words.

Liberal? To me, ‘liberal’ is a synonym for ‘empathy.’ If you can’t feel the other person’s hurt, you can’t be a liberal. And that trait is more and more being shown to be genetic. But that’s me. Born this way. "Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders. Gott helfe mir. Amen." ("Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen."). Martin Luther. en.wikipedia.org...

PS. I am currently reading “The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America’s Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11" by Ron Suskind, 2006.

[edit on 05/05/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well the conservative alternate to the republican party would be Alan Keys, who is now the constitution party nominee. Seems Ron Paul gets plenty of attention here, how about Alan?

Here's his site:

www.americasrevival.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

Well the conservative alternate to the republican party would be Alan Keys, who is now the constitution party nominee . . how about Alan?

Alan is a mental case. He appeared in the early GOP debates. He is so far out of touch with reality that I'm pretty the medical doctors ruled him off the stage. Alan Keyes is in that group of blacks I call "cannibals." Included are JC Watts, Walter Williams, and of course Condoleezza Rice. I call them cannibals because they EAT their own kind in front of rich white Republican audiences to advance themselves. They get well rewarded. Usually though they are either the first or last black to be hired. Mr. Token and Ms. Quota. None of that group would have achieved anything on their own, but for the intervention of superior placed whites who find them useful.

This damming critique does not include Colin Powell. He admits his success was made possible by Affirmative Action which the US Government did utilize internally. But in the Armed Forces, that will get you only to about rank O6. Colonel. Rising above that rank means you are a superior person. Not innately, but in accomplishments. He was far TOO smart for the Bush43 team. A wanna please momma egotist like Bush43 cannot tolerate having SMART people close to him. A natural born playboy who thinks TOO much of himself; what does he need logic or information for anyway? God tells him what to do.

Alan Keyes. He is a GOP throw-away. Used up. Not smart enough to know that. He probably believes it when his white mentors tell him he is a great guy that the country needs! Not so. I'd recommend he "pull" six months at Bellevue.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

I had a poke around Alan website. Other then his stance on Immigration and a couple of other things he comes across as a nut case when he talks about school choice he refers to pray rather then school vouchers . That about says it all for me and puts me off the guy. Other wise Alan is just another third party candidate who stands no chance what so ever at winning the election.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I had a poke around Alan website. Other then his stance on Immigration and a couple of other things he comes across as a nut case when he talks about school choice he refers to pray rather then school vouchers.

There is a long running and very serious well organized assault on public education going on up here. I very much regret to report that in metro areas they have 65% but in rural America about 85-90% "Mission Accomplished!" Anti-abortion. Anti-evolution. Anti-blacks. Anti-tax. Anti-UN. They hold an annual convention to adjust to changing conditions and plot new strategy. It's the NARB. National Association of Religious Broadcasters. The Right Wing WAR on public education began in Dayton, TN, in 1925. The famous Scopes trial. Also known as the “Monkey Trial.”

Charged with violating the just passed Tennessee law forbidding the teaching evolution of the species in public school, John Scopes was tried and found guilty of breaking the state law. Perhaps the judge realized the law was wrong; he fined Scopes $100. He could have sentenced Scopes to one year in jail. Dayton is in eastern Tennessee’s Appalachians some 40 miles north of Chattanooga and 150 miles east of Nashville. The population is 6,100 in 2007.

The anti-intellectual struggle is on-going. A RW California “think tank” came up with a Biblical 7 day story they called “Scientific Creationism.” Never much concerned about the obvious misnomer - this brand of self described Christians think nothing about lying to advance their cause - a practice employed by many persecuted minorities down through the ages. Discredited as JUNK pseudo-science, it has since morphed into “Intelligent Design” which I have described as “If you can’t explain it to ME, it must be Intelligent Design” - their pseudonym for GOD. The operative word here is ME.

After World War 2 and the explosion of children on the scene - the baby boomers - the cost of public education rose exponentially which suddenly attracted the attention of the R&Fs - Rich and Famous - who are notoriously AGAINST any and all forms of taxation. SMs. Selfishnus Maximus!

Finally, the 3rd leg of this macabre stool was jolted into action by the 1954 Supreme Court school desegregation case, Brown v. Topeka, Kansas. Racist black haters not confined to the 11 states of the Old Confederacy. Note the leading case came from Kansas. WE now have three vastly different groups formed into the pro GOP Evangelical Movement of fundamentalist Christians. Born Again for short. Wow!

The Christian Right. Bankrolled by the R&Fs. The new Republican Base was first exploited by Ronnie Reagan. Narrow minded religious zealots, tax evading rich and Arkansas Orville Faubus type race hating bigots! Every Republican candidate afterwards has continued this unholy alliance. It fell to the unabashed sycophant Bush43 to join with them publicly and to convert the White House into a refuge for otherwise unqualified agenda driven comrades. What a god-awful motley crew! If you hate taxes, hate knowledge and hate black people, the Republican Party is your home away from home.

That about says it all for me and puts me off the guy. Other wise Alan is just another third party candidate who stands no chance what so ever at winning the election.

The American system does not lend itself to multi-party coalition governance. With ONE elected Chief Executive serving for a definite term, there is no need for ratoinal governemtt. Remember it is Bush43 and VP Cheney who like the Cheshire cat, have proudly pronounced the 50% + 1 doctrine to be their criteria! Take no prisoners! Burn your bridges behind you. YOU ARE EITHER WITH US OR YOU ARE AGAINST US.

POST SCRIPT.
I note John McCain had an audience today with the Protestant Pope, Billy Graham and received Graham's blessing and his approving imprimatur. The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval! Graham's heir apparent, his son Franklin, was there. Franklin is a Bush43 knock off, having sowed his wild oats but is now on the straight and narrow. Where else can you make a 7-8 figure annual salary guffawing the public?

[edit on 6/29/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That American born - not born in Panama - foreign policy genius from Harvard AND Yale, the great talent from West of the Pecos and sharp Texas cowboy, our own Designated President who talks to GOD and actually hears GOD talking back to him he says, ALWAYS DO NOT TALK WITH YOUR ENEMIES. Well, he added, not unless they surrender first. Then we can talk. Uh, what do you talk about after they have surrendered? Are you sure Mr. President, you are not in a THINK GLITCH? See Note 1.

The lapdog government of Israel - desperate to stay in power - has DISOBEYED Herr Bush’s instructions and HAS BEEN TALKING TO HEZBOLLAH!

It looks like they got results. Do you understand why his friends have alwasy called him "Dumbya?"

Jerusalem (CNN) - The Israeli government Sunday approved a deal with Hezbollah to exchange prisoners for two kidnaped Israeli soldiers, a government official said. The Cabinet approved the measure 22-3, the official said. Before the vote, PM Olmert told his Cabinet that two Israeli soldiers Ehud "Udi" Goldwasser and Eldad Regev are not alive "as far as we know."

Under the deal, Israel will release five Lebanese prisoners, including Samir Kuntar, who has been serving four life sentences in Israel for a 1979 attack in which he killed a 4-year-old girl and her father, according the office of PM Olmert. Israel also said that as part of the deal it will receive a report on the disappearance of Ron Arad, an Israeli navigator who has been missing since he was forced to eject from his plane over Lebanon in October 1986.

The deal will also include returning the remains of several slain border infiltrators. [Special Forces] In exchange, Hezbollah will return Goldwasser and Regev, who were kidnaped by Shiite militants based in Lebanon during a July 2006 raid into northern Israel that left three other Israeli soldiers dead.
www.cnn.com...

Hmm? I wonder if Bush43 would sit down with Mahmud Ahmadinejad maybe we could make a deal short of WAR?

Note 1.
George Bush and AG John Ashcroft and AG Alberto Gonzales have all said under oath that Guantanamo Bay Cuba is NOT part of the US and therefore, US Federal Courts do not have jurisdiction. Now we claim to have a PERPETUAL privilege at Git-mo. Panama OTOH, was never claimed to be PART of the United States. We had a 99 year lease there. I urge all you who claim to be ORIGINALISTS like AJ Scalia, to explain WHY John McCain is eligible to run for president despite NOT being born in the US of A.

See US Con. Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4: "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President . . "
www.law.cornell.edu...

This is not to say John McCain is not a US citizen. Article I, Section 8, Clause 4: "Congress shall hove power . . . To establish a uniform rule of naturalization . . " Congress has seen fit to make children of US citizens in the military service born outside the US automatic US citizens. By Act of Congress. But that does not make him NATURAL BORN.
www.law.cornell.edu...

What will come of this? Nothing. The Dems canot gain advantage because the public would think them "small" to challenge a war hero on anything. Mccain escaped federal prosecution in the Keating Five because of his war service. But John has never worked outside the Armed Forces one day in his life so what's new? He has never bought health insurance. All during his military service he was furnished a house to live in. No mortgage meltdowns for Big John. He may or may not be a disabled American veteran.

[edit on 6/29/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Election is over. The people of America challenge Obama on how far it will go to uplift the economic downfall.

Obama should consider working on tax policy. It's more than nine years later, two liens are still outstanding and Scott Murphy refuses to accept responsibility, even though official documents prove he owned the business when the taxes, interest and penalties were due.

Scott Murphy for Congress Tax Liens

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hotelwaiter

Obama should consider working on tax policy. It's more than nine years later, two liens are still outstanding and Scott Murphy refuses to accept responsibility, even though official documents prove he owned the business when the taxes, interest and penalties were due.

I admit I wondered what the Republicans would do now that the country has soundly rejected the Reagan laissez faire economics. Now I know! They are digging in a mudhole! Any tax bill more than 10 years old sounds like NO tax bill to me. Or to the IRS. When you don't know what to do, throw mud! GOP mantra. And Crapola!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Aye lmao

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53   >>

join