It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, the divine liar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The behavior of "God" in Eden matches precisely what evil would have to do if its goal were to take over the human race and control it.

What people have been taught is a lie and it goes AGAINST biblical scripture, logic and common sense. If one studies the bible carefully they will realize that it does not reflect that the Serpent was evil and trying to deceive the human race.

The behavior "God" exhibited in Eden is perfectly consistent with what evil would have to do if its goal were to take over the human race and control it. This in itself is consistent with the Luciferic symbols found in Washington D.C. Government plays the biggest part in world control. The bible also specifically tells us that Satan controls this world:

In whom the god of this world [Satan] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. II Cor 4:4

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Satanism in washington

As you can see on the back of the U.S. one dollar bill there is a pyramid with the All-Seeing-Eye of God, with the message, "New Order of The Ages" or "New World Order."

learn that the U.S. Government is linked to Satanism. You have already learned that the U.S. Government is linked to several other governments and the church. And that it is all run by the secret society Brotherhood.

The street design in Washington, D.C., has been laid out in such a manner that certain Luciferic symbols are depicted by the streets, cul-de-sacs and rotaries. This design was created in 1791, a few years after Freemasonry assumed the leadership of the New World Order, in 1782.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/chapter3

there is stockpiles of evidence this world is changing and not changing for the better...what are your thougts?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by conspiracymaster]

[edit on 31-12-2006 by asala]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
God is not a liar.........

The bible was written by men, then it was translated by men through the ages and changed to support the agenda of the day. It really isn't a book to be taken literally, but a document used to control the masses and be interpreted any way you see fit.
It's men that lie........

Sure many people take comfort in the words written in the bible, but they're just buying into the whole construct of control exerted on them by organized religion.

The world would be a lot better off without all this arguing over religion.
It's time to get over this belief in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and God.

There is no God, there is no Satan, and scripture is just a tome of bastardized words used to exert control over people. The Freemason influence on the formation of the American government is just another example of one religion holding some tenuous control over the people.

I think it's time we put all this behind us and get on with our lives.

Edit: bbcode

[edit on 26/12/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't seem to see the logic in these assumptions. You start off the post by saying that the God that was responsible for Adam and Eve getting kicked out of Eden was evil. Yet, at the very same time, you use someone else's quote from another location in the Bible (II Cor).

If we assume that the God that kicked them out is the same one that the rest of the Bible tells us to worship (and it is, by the way), then we must assume that you are telling us that Jesus and God Almighty are evil. This cannot be what you meant, as it just doesn't make any sense. You've contradicted yourself.

Could you please clarify for me? Cause I'm seriously confused. Sorry for my misconception of your ideas in advance.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What is heard (truth or lie) in each pair of ears is a direct result and perfect match for what dwells in the heart connected to those ears.

IOW:

If you lie to self and live a life of comfort and delusion then all you will find is the same.

If you are true to self and with self then you can count on God being true, too!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In a world where rules and laws appear as mere annoyances to most, the idea of obedience being a requirement to stay in the garden of Eden seems most unfair. But God said that to love Him is to obey Him. Disobedience is a selfish act. Where evil would embrace disobedience, pure goodness or holiness cannot abide it. The point of the Eden story is to show how mankind, given the choice or obedience or disobedience, chose disobedience. Through man’s disobedience, he was no longer perfect. God gave us redemption to that perfect state through Jesus.

Evil would have let us all remain in the state of imperfection. Good offers us another choice. Evil would control us through our own selfish impulses. Good offers us the opportunity to reclaim our spiritual perfection. Religion that seeks to control is evil. Religion or spirituality that encourages us to be selfless and devoted to love is the message of Jesus.

Those who wish to remain selfish and self centered look upon the requirement of obedience as evil. Obedience to God has nothing to do with church, morality or laws. Obedience to God is how one shows their love for Him.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by darkelf]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Obedience to God does not mean that we are not allowed to act independently. It only means that there are a few rules that are to be respected and adhered to. It is not unlike living here in the U.S. where we are free to do pretty much as we wish, except for violating the laws of the land.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Those who wish to remain selfish and self centered look upon the requirement of obedience as evil. Obedience to God is how one shows their love for Him.

VERY well said darkelf.
(and timely too! You don't know it but what you just posted goes straight to some thoughts I had been mulling over with God. Thanks.
)

And to the author of this thread all I can say is - I just don't see what the heck you are getting at. Seriously. You are going to have to give me some more information or insights before I can address what you are getting at.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i am not the on who is contradicting, god is the one who is contradicting. the bible is like a giant contradicting dictonary.

first god says man is made by god. man is made in the image and self likeess of "god". then WHY DOES GOD ALSO SAY

In whom the god of this world [Satan] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. II Cor 4:4

that sounds contradicting to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
i am not the on who is contradicting, god is the one who is contradicting. the bible is like a giant contradicting dictonary.

God gave Adam dominion over the world. When Adam disobeyed God, he was no longer dominant over the world and no longer the image of God. Jesus was the image of God on earth. Although both divine and human, he was able to continue in obedience to God, even to His death. The god of this world is Satan. Jesus knew this when Satan offered it to Him. If Satan was not god of this world, he would have no right to offer it to Jesus. I see nothing contradictory about the scriptures you refer to.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The day that people realized that the God of the bible is as human as the human that wrote the bible it will be the day that people will discover where the lie really came from.

Until then the biblical God will stay as divine as the minds of the ones that still support the lies.

In other words . . . as long as people keep humanizing and bringing human logic to God, the biblical God will always look like is contradicting itself, because we are all humans after all.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I see a thread title like this and it just sets my mind off in all different directions. "...devine liar."

Of course, the OP meant "Divine", but that's ok, we know what (s)he meant.

However, there was an old character actor named Andy Devine. One of his more memorable tv roles was in a Twilight Zone episode called Hocus-Pocus and Frisby, where he played a shopkeeper whose friends considered him the biggest liar ever. (Read the synopsis at the link, it's pretty interesting. If you've ever seen that one, you'll remember it).

What does that have to do with anything? I have no idea. It's just where Devine/divine liar took me.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
All those out there who believe in the "christian god" please explain to me a few things...

The Bible was written by man,translated into 50 or so different languages and there are 400 or so differing "versions" and/or branches of said religion.

It is true that the Bible has been edited through out the ages to suit the times......SO HOW IS THAT THE WORD OF GOD, IF GOD'S WORD IS ABSOLUTE..WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING CHANGING IT!!????

People go to bible class to learn ONE VERSION'S "INTERPRETATION" of supposed events/teachings.

So you learn these things,or you just read the bible as it is and give your self over to god, but how can ANYONE be sure what to believe......the "good book" was supposedly written by "god" VIA people, but people have CHANGED the origional text....so where it might say "DO", another version may say DONT...how can ANY of you "belivers" be sure you are reading or following the word of god, when really you are following the word of MAN'S interpretation of god.

And if god is love, what were the Crusades about..."holy war", that has to be the worsed excuse to spread your power, IMO it sounds no better than JIHAD.

so, i would be greatful if anyone could tell me how they can be sure of WHOSE word exactly they are preaching/following.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is God a liar?

No way to tell for sure, someone said kill him and if he resurrects you'll know, I guess that is the only real way to know.
Whatever you decide, the choice is yours.

Kindest Regards

Edit: I sure hope you guys know what your doing.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by lucum per lucerna]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
One of his more memorable tv roles was in a Twilight Zone episode called Hocus-Pocus and Frisby, where he played a shopkeeper whose friends considered him the biggest liar ever. (Read the synopsis at the link, it's pretty interesting. If you've ever seen that one, you'll remember it).

OMG

Yes! But it seems to me that NO ONE besides you and I were impressed upon by that ufo-age 'learn-not-to-cry-wolf' sterling Serling parable! At least no one I ever mention it to has any recollection.

BUT they ALL remember the scary airplane wing insomniac ghoul! Don't you? (that one is my all time favorite because it scared the CRAP outta me!)

You said and now I repeat:
What does that have to do with anything? I have no idea.

Probably more of a concrete and hash-able topic compared to whether or not God is a liar. WHO KNOWS? The real problem with that question is why we are EVEN asking it!

I know God ain't never lied to me (on purpose to hurt me but 'plausible deniability' is a real issue and so also is my gradually [very slowly] fading ignorance...) but then again, everything i ever did - to be proud of or to be ashamed of - God was right there with me the whole time. Never threatened, scolded, or even i-told-ya-so'd me...and i've done some wicked things in my day.

All any of us really need to do is be honest with OURSELVES. The rest follows and the questions get resolved with solid answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
God is not a liar.........

The bible was written by men, then it was translated by men through the ages and changed to support the agenda of the day. It really isn't a book to be taken literally, but a document used to control the masses and be interpreted any way you see fit.
It's men that lie........

Anxiety,while I do not agree with your assumption that "God does not exist," I do agree,at least to an extent, that this statement is indeed true. It is something that I have tried to get across for quite some time.

It's not that God is wrong, it is that man is wrong in the interpretation and manipulation of what God has said and done.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Conspiracymaster is not wrong in stating that Satan is the god of this world. The bible even makes allusions to it

2Corinthians 4: 3-4 The god of this world has the power to blind the minds of those who chose not to believe God's words so that they can not see the light of the gospel of Christ.

Luke 4: 4-7 This shows that Satan is in control of all the kingdoms of the world. Satan offered to give the power of all the kingdoms/governments of the world to Christ if he would worship him.

Source

Of course, we know that Satan is not the universal God,but he certainly pulls the strings here on earth.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
God in the Bible is a god of war... other forces have created religion to keep us dull and control us...

the majority of Bible is contrary to GOD...the pure GOD is not a war god, nor demands worship and doesnt smite/curse nor throw people into hell...

It is all fear based and a very powerful tool to control the masses!

Rape

Murder

Slavery

Contradictions

Annuki and the Bible

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Conspiracymaster is not wrong in stating that Satan is the god of this world. The bible even makes allusions to it

2Corinthians 4: 3-4 The god of this world has the power to blind the minds of those who chose not to believe God's words so that they can not see the light of the gospel of Christ.

Luke 4: 4-7 This shows that Satan is in control of all the kingdoms of the world. Satan offered to give the power of all the kingdoms/governments of the world to Christ if he would worship him.

Source

Of course, we know that Satan is not the universal God,but he certainly pulls the strings here on earth.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

im not a bible expert, but any idiot can clearly see from reading a few paragraphs in certain chapters that God is contradicting and hypocritical at times.

remember in the bible where god appearently burns down a whole city because they were non believers???? so if someone doesnt believe theyre gonna burn in hell now?

what about the innocent people? its impossible for every soul in the city to be a non believer... makes god look like a war criminal.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Nevertheless, Jesus told us, "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." So, the devil has no power over Christians.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Conspiracy,I too have mentioned the differentiation between the god of the Old Testament and the God that Jesus spoke of. Most church going "christians" would have you believe that they are one and the same. I try not to get into this confrontation because, even though I am Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ, I tend to think that there is indeed a difference.

Jesus spoke of a God of love, forgiveness, compassion and such. The Old Testament speaks of no such god. In my opinion, the only reedemable thing from the Old Testament is the Ten Commandments, other than that, give me the New Testament gospel of Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join