It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian Origins of Humans - How religion and science combine!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Read The Stargate Conspiracy. It is NOT related to the movie and TV show in any way.

The pieces of this puzzle have definitely come together for me - or at least I feel like I have all of them on the table!

Here's an excerpt from the book that I hope will whet your interest.

Beginning on page 251

Just like the New Egyptology and the Message of Cydonia, this is a scenario in which controversial 'alternative' events are intimately connected with, if not seemingly directed by, intelligence agencies. Moreover, these three strands, although each seemingly had independent origins, have gradually, but inexorably, been drawn together like three fish caught in the same tightening net. The pronouncements of the Nine have - through Hoagland and Myers - been integrated with the Message of Cydonia, and this in turn has been firmly welded to the mystery of the Egyptian civilization and the search for its lost secrets.

The same individuals play major parts in all three stories. The prime example is James Hurtak, the ultimate guru, who channels the Nine, was Puharich's second-in-command at Lab Nine, was the first person to make the Mars-Eqypt connection public, and was - and still is - also a major player in the events at Giza.

There is also the involvement in all three stories of SRI, as an organization with intimate connections with defense and intelligence communities in the United States. SRI crops up in Giza, in the Mars story, and, through its involvement with Puharich, in the events surrounding the Nine.

[snip]

This is a conspiracy of enormous proportions, so successful that it is impossible to pinpoint any one person or group as the real controllers, although we have catalogued those they use.

[snip]

There are two major elements in this gigantic, complex conspiracy. One is the apparent attempt to make contact with extraterrestrial intelligences - the Nine - using whatever means are available. The other is the exploitation of these contacts in order to promote a message. Like all propaganda, this does not depend on the reality of the communications, only on the belief that they are real. By why bother? What is the motive behind the business of the Nine?

There are several possible agendas:

1. A powerful cabal is trying to establish contact with ET's, either through a physical stargate or telepathic communication/possession, in other words, channelling. This would explain the involvement of official US agencies in the search for something momentous in Egypt. In this scenario, Puharich's attempt to establish contact with the Nine were based on the belief that they really are 'out there' but that mental communication is difficult and has to be 'encouraged' in likely trainees'.

2. The conspirators are deliberately building up an expectancy that such contact is about to happen. In this scenario, an entirely fictitious belief system has been constructed and disseminated through various sources.

3. Both of the above. The conspirators are trying to establish real contact, but are also engaged in a covert 'softening-up' exercise to prepare us for the imminent return of our creators, the ancient gods of Egypt.

There is a further possibility. The conspirators themselves could be being duped - by the Council of Nine. History is replete with cases of otherworldly visions and voices that may promise heaven, but who actually deliver something quite other - or, as Shakespeare put it:

And oftentimes, to win us to our harm,
The instruments of darkness tell us truths,
Win us with honest trifles, to betray's
In deepest consequence.

But never before have they had so many of the world's most powerful individuals in their insubstantial grip.

Always,
Shawnna

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Shawnna]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
if thats the case then she uses the terms "it was" and "it is" far too often

What should she use?
ANd yes she does believe that aliens had contact with ancient sumarians. She has stated several times over that that is her belief and that she has no eveidence to support her belief. That is a Fact. If she chooses to believe this than it is her perogative(sp?). If others choose to believe this also it is their perogative. If they choose not to believe in archeology that is ok too. Not everyone has to believe the samething.

I am not trying to defend her belief, I am just trying to point out that she has put the proper disclaimers in her posts.

Now back to topic. UNDO I like your "stories". They make for good reading. I dont share your belief, but your threads are better than most of the books I read. This is not meant to be offensive.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ultralo1

lol oh gads, the duck is gonna run with that one.

from a writer's perspective, i have to say that's a great compliment.
from a researcher's perspective, i gotta say, that's a huge insult.

might i ask what your belief on this topic is? maybe i can ascertain where you think i've missed the boat.

shut up marduk

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to planet x and the anunaki etc...

however, having said that ancient Sumerian tablets do have some rather thought provoking images on them... such as the following.

Is that a watch I see on the wrist?? and I wonder if there is any lippy in that handbag??

Maybe Byrd could explain this???

I'm sure it must have a logical explanation such as a ritual bracelet of some description?? or have some deeper wider meaning??

However, my point is images like the ones above are very thought provoking and so easy for some to let their imaginations run wild.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

shut up marduk

oh so quiet Beth
you mean you don't know full well that I have told you countless times that if you learn to read the original text as written by the scribes and not as written by judao christian translators you wouldn't be so wrong about everything
and you have never read several pieces written by me on various forums covering the sumerian language
don't remember the death of satan then (how long ago was that)
and of course you have no idea that I run a sumerian research forum do you
laughable
keeping quiet to make youself look good must be really gratifying for your needy ego
personally I couldn't care less if seekerofpies or any of his sycophants believes me or not
I have stated the truth
if he chooses to disbelieve it more fool him

btw saying shut up is a personal attack
so basically
shut up yourself you know nothing

seekeroflies this link is just for you
i11.photobucket.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i read the staregate conspiracy...very interesting book. it really draws out just how far the 'allien contact conspiracy' may go. it almost seems like both sides are being manipulated by another side....
of course we are being lied to about the history of the earth.whos viev is right?..grahm, sitchin, MARDUK...it's pretty obvius that the conventional history is wrong. the truth may set us free but it would begin to take power from those who wish to control.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
might i ask what your belief on this topic is? maybe i can ascertain where you think i've missed the boat.

I promise that it was not an insult

I dont have enough information to form a belief at this time. One way or another. I read both sides as a tell of fiction and interpritation. When I have time to read up on both I will form an opinion then. I have a hard time believing that archeology, and the like, can form so many "facts" from taking "snap shots" of a culture. I also have a hard time believing someones "theory" without doing a little looking into it myself.

By the way what Branch and Unit were you with in Desert Storm?
U2U me with that info.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
ultralo1,

oh good.
you had me worried. (see the duck is on the run! and there he goes, charging to the goal line! (shh, don't tell him the defense is not on the field. he's having too much fun)

GWS is contagious. i wasn't there. i caught it from someone who went there. you don't hear much about it because they are either dead or misdiagnosed. it's a degenerative nerve disease. mimics just about everything as the nerves control all the organs and various chemicals.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I did not know it was contagious. I was in the military during that time frame but I was not deployed. I did recieve some "flu vaccinations" during the middle of the night with unmarked bottles in the machines.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Is that a watch I see on the wrist?? and I wonder if there is any lippy in that handbag??

Maybe Byrd could explain this???

Neon,

Not a handbag. It's a bucket-like container filled with anointing oil, which these figures are applying with the brush in their other hand (looks like a pine cone but it's not.)

The wristlets are just bracelets.

I think these are Babylonian. Am I right Marduk?

Originally posted by Fett PinkusAnyone can post some images found on the internet, yet you claim to speak the language but have not prooved it yet.

Fett (and SeekerofTruth)
Be careful what you ask for. Marduk knows more about Sumer than anyone I've ever encountered online, anyway. Also, how would one go about "proving" one can read Sumerian in an online scenario like this forum?

Can you "prove" to me that you have hair on your head?

Originally posted by Fett PinkusAs well you claim to have a forum where renowed experts post in it yet you have yet to post a link.

I've been to his forum. It's there, though i don't know if the folks there are actually "experts." They sure know a lot more than me about the subject.

Also, Sitchen is certainly a con-man. You need not accept anything Marduk says in order to discover this fact for yourself. It would take far less time if you did, though.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1
I did not know it was contagious. I was in the military during that time frame but I was not deployed. I did recieve some "flu vaccinations" during the middle of the night with unmarked bottles in the machines.

how you feeling? yeah, we need to take this to u2u for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think these are Babylonian. Am I right Marduk?

Assyrian actually
heres a brief description of each
the first is actually just a small piece of a much larger relief and is usually described as

Assyrian Ashurnsirpal Relief from Nimrud, 865 B.C., can now be found at the British Museum. This section of wall relief was behind the king's throne and depicts a ritual involving a tree. Another panel with the same scene was opposite the center doorway of the throne room. The king is shown twice, on either side of a symbolic tree. On the left and on the right is an apkallu.

Crystal links has this picture labelled as

Assyrian Nimrod

which is very funny considering that the reliefs predate the invention of Nimrod by 200 years. So don't believe everything you hear on this subject
the second is

known as Apkallu griffin. Originally from 865 B.C., it can now be found at the New York Metropolitan Museum. This is a 'wise man' or 'sage'. Babylonian tradition says that there were seven Apkallu who lived at the beginning of time before the flood. They were sent by the god Ea to teach wisdom to humans. They are shown as humans with wings. Some have the head of a bird, while others don't have wings and are dressed in the skin of a fish. They protected people and sometimes hold a bucket and cone for purifying. Apkallu figures are often shown beside doorways and in corners of rooms since these areas were where evil spirits were thought to lurk.

so this claim by Neon Haze

ancient Sumerian tablets do have some rather thought provoking images on them

is in fact completely erroneous
to start with they arent sumerian and post date the sumerian culture by almost 2000 years
and secondly they arent tablets of any kind
they are murals from the wall of the palace of Ashurnsirpal
I saw the first one last week while on a field trip at the British Museum in london
it looks magnificent and takes up a whole gallery where the murals from the entire palace line the walls
quite shocking when you think that now somewhere in a palace formerly of assyria there is a large chamber thats been stripped down to the brickwork.
still
they'd have only smashed it up anyway had it been left.
We're not giving the sphinx's beard back either Zahi so you can stick your demands up your ass

So really claiming that these characters are anything but mythological (with the exception of the king) is laughable. because they are actually described as such in the writing that accompanies the murals themselves
you may remember the name of that inscription Harte, the standard text
ring any bells

Harte you need not worry about the new claims about me that have apparently surfaced from the general unwashed
here are the only two claims that I made

I run my own Sumerian research forum.

and

I can actually read sumerian

you know the truth of that don't you
so the hysteria that has since built up is completely fabricated in an attempt to discredit me and give emphasis to the drivel spouted by Sitchin and Undo.
Not working very well is it.

oh and yes
that is just a bracelet round his wrist
and as for the handbag
this site should quite clearly tell you what that is
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
@Harte oh i certainly do think that Marduk is rather knowlegable but you know how it goes here with putting your money where your mouth is, we all do like to see some links now and then as anybody can make some claims. (regardless of how knowlegable one is)

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

we all do like to see some links now and then as anybody can make some claims.

once again here are the two claims I made

I run my own Sumerian research forum.

heres Hartes response in case you missed it

I've been to his forum. It's there

are you now calling both me and Harte liars
and

I can actually read sumerian

Undo knows this is true
Harte knows this is true
Byrd knows this is true
Essan knows this is true
want me to get them to say its true so you can call them liars as well

maybe you should look at this
its a post I made at the hall of maat about the linguistics involved for the name Satan and its sumerian source SA.AN
its dated the 5th january 2006
thats a year ago
www.hallofmaat.com...,376217,376543#msg-376543
now are you saying that someone who can't read Sumerian could write that

in which case perhaps you could now write a dissertation for me on the linguistical oddities asscoiated with the Sumerian symbol that represents the Abubu
heres the symbol to start you off

you got seven days to write it or admit I was telling the truth the whole time and that seekeroflies is the most ignorant poster on here for not only claiming that Sitchin is relevant in some way but that also someone who can read the sumerian language isn't relevant to the discussion
ok

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Question, why is there writing on the mural. Through the carving? Was that standard practice in their culture?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
bucket = water of life
fruit = food of life
tree below = tree of life

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
[so this claim by Neon Haze
is in fact completely erroneous
to start with they arent sumerian and post date the sumerian culture by almost 2000 years and secondly they arent tablets of any kind

Fair enough, I’m not a history teacher, though the information was lifted from a site that I misread in my hurry earlier this afternoon.

However, you did manage to miss my point...

Where ever the images originated they are non the less very thought provoking are they not??

Doesn’t the item worn on the wrist strike you as strangely similar to what we know as a watch??

I'm not saying that they are watches, just it's something that could be used as a tool to make people think or believe in something that is very unlikely.

I'm not totally dismissing the concept of a lost knowledge or technology, I'm saying that we would need firm evidence to say with any doubt what is truth.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Fair enough, I’m not a history teacher, though the information was lifted from a site that I misread in my hurry earlier this afternoon.

you didn't misread it
its just that the Unexplained Mysteries forum is not a good source
i was once a member there
heres what happened

as you know it describes the first picture as

anunnaki warrior with a handbag and a watch?

when as I have pointed out it is in fact a picture of an Apkallu
and the description that site has for the second picture is astounding in its level of knowledge

anunnaki with a bird type helmet on? I dont know

future pseudohistorian in the making with that one

the "watch" is in fact a rosette
the rosette was used by the assyrians to tell that whoever was wearing one was a divinity
the Apkallu along with the king were regarded as divinities
thats all it means
if you look closely at it you'll see that this "watch" has no hands

always consider the source

Question, why is there writing on the mural. Through the carving? Was that standard practice in their culture?

it was very standard practice and as I mentioned earlier to Harte (perhaps i didn't make it clear) its actually called the standard text
in this case there is a translation at this site which will tell you all about it
www.metmuseum.org...

bucket = water of life
fruit = food of life

once again not even close Undo, are you making this up as you go along
the bucket contains water for purification and is always depicted with travelling gods such as the Apkallu which is why the king is not carrying one as hes a local
there is no fruit in the picture
doh

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Please do not make me REPEAT again. Go ahead and prove it. Make me silly by all means. READ MY LATTER POST AGAIN. (caps not meant as anger, but just in the event the poster cant read, see or understand simple english)

Show us your peer reviewed and approved works that you claimed are unblemish and UNDISPUTED 'facts' of the Sumerian civilisation.

Enough evasion please or are you just another blabbering idi*t?

Who is Harte? Yourself in another nick?..lol! talk about others being liars and con-man. STOP EVADING.

Show us your peer reviewed and approved works that you claimed are unblemish and UNDISPUTED 'facts' of the Sumerian civilisation.

I/We asked nothing more than what you SAID you can provide as mentioned in this thread alone, not somewhere else.

At least others dare publish in writing with their names on their conjectures, but you??!!! lol!...all talk, google fu and hot pompous air. I/We and others who are insulted for their thoughts are waiting.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

An excellent question. I'm willing to hypothesize on this, but no theory as of yet. Different time frames. *nods* New folks. New version. We come along (insert happy happy joy joy cartoon music here), and decide we know all about it and, incidentally, make sure we state that their beliefs are not even remotely true, and then proceed from there.

In other words, that "god" "anointing" the king was a fiction. He didn't and doesn't and never existed. That it might suggest the king was a nephilim hybrid of the "god" in question, also is ignored cause then we'd have to deal with those pesky ancient texts like the bible and the pseudopigraphia of the hebrews and that crazy stuff about Olympus, Valhallah, and etc.

I dunno if folks are aware of this, but most of the modern day interpretation of the ancient past is from the less than fertile "Master Race" theology, starting with German Higher Criticism and Darwin's evolutionary theory in which black people are an example of how we are descended from apes, blacks being the lowest common genetic denominator in the human race, "survival of the fittest" scenarios and ending with Nietschze's "screw the planet, screw the people, gimme a martini, a big bank account and get out of my way you low life scum".

Seriously, Darwin thought black people looked like monkeys, and developed an entire science from it. That it was successful points more to the "Master Race" proponents (et.al, nazi-types) being in charge of the planet. Had he suggested it today, people would've tossed it out on its ear as being the ridiculous notions of a bigot of extreme proportions.

Observe Nietzsche with his thinking cap on:

What distinguishes us [scientists] from the pious and the believers is not the quality but the quantity of belief and piety; we are contented with less. But if the former should challenge us: then be contented and appear to be contented! - then we might easily reply: 'We are, indeed, not among the least contented. You, however, if your belief makes you blessed then appear to be blessed! Your faces have always been more injurious to your belief than our objections have! If these glad tidings of your Bible were written on your faces, you would not need to insist so obstinately on the authority of that book... As things are, however, all your apologies for Christianity have their roots in your lack of Christianity; with your defence plea you inscribe your own bill of indictment.

from Nietzsche's Assorted Opinions and Maxims,s. 98, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Translated that means, If I step on your toe, don't wince or I will call foul. He exercises the freedom to demand absolute proof, a condition not afforded anyone from old or new testament. It's like punching someone in a sore spot repeatedly and tellnig them if they say "ow", then their entire paradigm is garbage. This based solely on his idea that the Master Race was that race most capable of survival, a skill he doesn't believe christianity to have inherent in it for the obvious reasons. Turning the other cheek when the hitter has a baseball bat does not a survival scenario make, and observing someone in the process of receiving such a beating, was equally unconvincing of its veracity in his way of thinking. Truth be known, had he witnessed people actually upholding his uncompromising demand for proof positive (smiling while being beaten senseless), he would've considered it a hallucination and ignored it. It's a comfortable position, no doubt.

All our sciences today are based on the original teachings of a bunch of bigotted white guys from Germany.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by undo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join