It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Anomaly On Mars!! Is it An Artificial Construct??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
An enormous strangely shaped object rests precariously on the edge of a cliff on Mars. Someone said that it wasn’t convex at all, but concave and therefore an ordinary crater. But do craters ‘hang’ over ridges? And considering the direction of the light source, the object seems convex and not concave.

Take a look at this ‘feature’, which I’d like to call as ‘object’ instead. I’ve summarized the anomalies in this, which is undoubtedly thought provoking.

NORTH WALL OF EAST OPHIR CHASMA

Complex curves:
The lower rim of the object is marked by complex convex curves, which appear to go out to a protruding “lip”, or lower edge, which is also rounded.

Aerodynamic shape

The Object is protruding over the cliff edge (Nearly 1/3 of the object is extending over the cliff edge).

It does not conform to the general topography:

The Object is not a "known" feature

Highly Reflective

The original MOC image is here..

So what do we make of this? Also check out the blackish runoff from the object down the cliff.

Source..

[edit on 26-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd like to see an image of the area surrounding the one you presented us, as at the end of your source it claims there is a "second ship" to the left of the first one. However, it could quite possibly be a rock that has formed that way from the wind over the last hundred or so years. I'm sure similar "non natural" objects can be found here on Earth.

Will be interesting if the ship suddenly dissappears anytime soon. Maybe one of the NASA robots on Mars will have a look at it, and ofcourse not tell us what it really is when they find out. :p

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadefire
I'd like to see an image of the area surrounding the one you presented us, as at the end of your source it claims there is a "second ship" to the left of the first one.

That's the problem! Couldn't locate that MOC image. Wonder if someone here can try?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So the choices are:
1. geographical feature
or
2. ancient Martian Titanic that is the size of a mountain? (look at surrounding terrain for likely scale)

Going to have to go with 1. here...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Mikesingh, interesting as always.

You and Byrd are a couple of only a few posters that I click on to see what's up and the latest . . . and in the case of Byrd, what's the oldest.

As Gazrok points out, size perhaps limits the possibility that it's a ship, but if it's an artificial construct, strikes me that it could be a large and possibly very ancient building of some kind.

"You have voted mikesingh for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Really interesting, indeed.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
you sure do like your martian stories mike anyway even though i do think their are some artificial structures on mars that are evidence of a past intelligent civilisation i dont think this is one of them though but interesting as always mike

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The Longest Anomaly Strip On Mars!!!

Wow! Take a look at the longest 'Anomaly' strip on Mars!! Starting from the top you'll see geological formations that are pretty intriguing to say the least. They could even be artificial. I'd say, they probably are!!!

And notice they are all neatly concentrated in one particular area of Mars. Now that looks suspicious, what?

Image strip-Mars Global Surveyor MOC Image for orbit m150-1228 Here..

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So what do we make of this?

I certainly see something very interesting. Reminds me very much of a common phenomena on Earth, only seen under priveleged conditions. The following photograph of a tree provides a rare snapshot of such activity:
img413.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Another nice post, mikesingh.
Difficult to tell if it is a natural phenomenon or not, one way to decide is to seeif there are similar formations on earth.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Acharya]

top topics

join