It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News Of 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In this last year as in every year there has been science discoveries and events that will have effects on everyone's future. They will include the GOES-N weather satellite launched by NASA. This is the latest in a series of satellites that started in 1975. A primeval solar system containing huge quantities of carbon gas in a dust cloud surrounding a young yellow star.

www.zeenews.com
In 2006 the world witnessed a whole lot of developments in the field of Science and Technology. Space was prominent among others that hogged the limelight due to various discoveries and flights. Following is a brief synopsis of the major events of this year:

NASA launches GOES-N weather satellite

After months of delay, NASA on May 24 launched a weather satellite that will allow forecasters to better pinpoint severe storms and investigate world climate change. The GOES-N (Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites) was a step in the development of a family of weather satellites designed and built by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration since 1975.

Primeval solar system discovered

Two US astronomers in June this year discovered huge quantities of carbon gas mixed with a cloud of dust surrounding a young, yellow star that could resemble our own solar system at its inception.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I do remember many of the things noted in this article as they happened during the year. As I am sure many of you do also. However what made me wonder as I looked it over is did I try to realize what all of theses events and discoveries will mean in the future. I know that every time the space shuttle comes back I am not thinking of what they did during the trip, I am just happy they made it back. I am glad a faster transistor has been made but I don't really understand just what it will mean in the electronics market.

Related News Links:
www.dailytech.com
www.business-standard.com
www.nytimes.com

join