It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moral Code. Does it exist ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
little kids are forced to watch horrific murders on cartoons each day. They also see gratuitous sexual references and uncontrolled drug and alcohol use on the toons. In fact listening to the toons is like listening to devils speaking.

Also sitcoms are all about who can say the most insulting thing while keeping a straight face to make it OK.

Movies will show any form of degradation at all if it will shock people. And the news media delights in magnifying and distorting the atrocities being committed throughout the world.

Years and ages ago our society would have been looked upon as the most degraded bunch of losers in the universe. But we consider ourselves to be the most advanced.

Perhaps the aliens are just so many millions of years ahead of us that they appear immoral when they are actually not. Because let's face it. If we went back in time with today's values we would be considered totally immoral also.

Perhaps in a few thousand, or a few million/billion years, we will look back on today's society as though they were a bunch of prudes ? Perhaps life is about being real instead of trying to be moral and always failing at it.

Also we are searching for other worlds with life on them. Who gave us the right to invade other worlds this way? It's obviously immoral to take our species to other worlds and potentially destroy them as well. And just approaching other worlds would possibly damage their fragile social cultures. But we don't care what the other worlds may think. We're only interested in our own advancement.

So the aliens are impinging on our world and doing things which seem to break our ever-changing moral codes. But it could just be our lack of mental development that makes us think they are being immoral.

In a million years we will probably be taking our moral code to primitive worlds and they will be shocked as well. We'll say it is in the name of science etc etc.

Typos fixed instantly with spellcheck on
google toolbar

[edit on 25-12-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
little kids are forced to watch horrific murders on cartoons each day. They also see gratuitous sexual references and uncontrolled drug and alcohol use on the toons.
Can you provide proof of this ?
Especially the "forced to watch" part.

Thanks,
Lex

[edit on 25-12-2006 by Lexion]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Media violence can lead to aggressive behavior in children. Over 1,000 studies confirm this link.
By age 18, the average American child will have viewed about 200,000 acts of violence on television alone.
The level of violence during Saturday morning cartoons is higher than the level of violence during prime time. There are 3 to 5 violent acts per hour in prime time, versus 20 to 25 acts per hour on Saturday morning.
Media violence is especially damaging to young children (under age 8)

advocacy/childhealthmonth

Little kids are forced by circumstance to watch whatever is on the tv in front of them. Their older siblings or parents etc switch the tv on and the little kids are often forced by circumstance to view it.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Because let's face it. If we went back in time with today's values we would be considered totally immoral also.

Oh really? Do you have any historical references to back that up? I actually think it is much the opposite. People were savages hundreds and thousands of years ago because life was MUCH harsher. I would argue that we've become more civilized as our lives have evolved beyond an every day survival of the fittest.

It's obviously immoral to take our species to other worlds and potentially destroy them as well.

Immoral perhaps. But if it wouldn't have been for the immoral behavior of the human beings which came before us, you or I might not be posting on internet forums.... because we wouldn't exist.

Perhaps life is about being real instead of trying to be moral and always failing at it.

Interesting. Morals have helped to unite us and have had many positive effects on the evolution of our society. However given the proper experience there is always the animal which lurks under our moral facades.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Because let's face it. If we went back in time with today's values we would be considered totally immoral also.

Oh really? Do you have any historical references to back that up?

Sure. I'll just whip out my encyclopedia of time travelers and get back to you!

Seriously though I know where you're coming from and you're correct. However it's all a matter of perspective, and that was my entire point.

We think we are generally moral as a society, and yet we are breaking the moral codes of days gone by. Our moral values slowly evolve to allow things which heretofore would have been disallowed. And the aliens, being possibly millions of years ahead of us in mental development, may have outgrown the potentially primitive codes we now hold so valuable.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Can you provide proof of this ?
Especially the "forced to watch" part.

Gee don't you do this with kids when you want them to watch tv?

Hmm just must have been my parents then LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Probed, take your Grey philosophy elsewhere. No one is "above" ethics.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Humans who do the sorts of things that aliens do are considered evil and a menace to society. Humans are put into prisons when they do things that the aliens do such as invading the privacy of people's homes, abduction (kidnapping), torture, implanting material in the bodies of people, cutting people and leaving scars, raping people, and generally humiliating people. If these things are evil when humans do them they are no less evil when aliens do them. Therefore aliens are evil. So the aliens have no moral code or, if they have one, it is very inferior to the human moral code.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
it is very inferior to the human moral code.

yes but think about it. We put tags on countless innocent creatures every day. some of the tags are so big and obviously painful and unpleasant, if not life threatening, to have, that the poor creatures will live out their lives maimed or handicapped and unable to exist in their natural condition.

Now we put people in jails if they hurt an animal but in the name of science we can do just about anything we want to animals. We can certainly use them for artificial breeding or other experiments, and we can certainly invade their private homes at anytime of the day or night to take what we want from them. All this knowing they have rights and it is an offense to cause them suffering.

And look at the times in history when we have given ourselves permission to invade foreign soil and break into every single house and bedroom in the middle of the night and torture people for our own purposes. We see it as a matter of security but surely there could be alien reasons why the aliens find the need to invade our homes.

It's not like we have a superior moral code to the aliens when dealing with other species, or even our own species when the ends justify the means. And the aliens are a different species. They have no obligation to follow our species behavioral traits.

I was going to add a picture of animal testing to this post but the pictures are too hideous to see. I'm almost in tears after viewing them

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think there may be an Ethical Code by those outside our sphere of influence - it might explain why so few members of our current populace have encounters - they're too infused with local culture and customs.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Our moral values slowly evolve to allow things which heretofore would have been disallowed. And the aliens, being possibly millions of years ahead of us in mental development, may have outgrown the potentially primitive codes we now hold so valuable.

Yes that sounds pretty good. If you were mature enough as a species to where codes/laws weren't needed because it would simply be in everyone's nature not to do "evil deeds" or put themself before the many.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
it is very inferior to the human moral code.

yes but think about it. We put tags on countless innocent creatures every day. some of the tags are so big and obviously painful and unpleasant, if not life threatening, to have, that the poor creatures will live out their lives maimed or handicapped and unable to exist in their natural condition.

Now we put people in jails if they hurt an animal but in the name of science we can do just about anything we want to animals. We can certainly use them for artificial breeding or other experiments, and we can certainly invade their private homes at anytime of the day or night to take what we want from them. All this knowing they have rights and it is an offense to cause them suffering.

And look at the times in history when we have given ourselves permission to invade foreign soil and break into every single house and bedroom in the middle of the night and torture people for our own purposes. We see it as a matter of security but surely there could be alien reasons why the aliens find the need to invade our homes.

It's not like we have a superior moral code to the aliens when dealing with other species, or even our own species when the ends justify the means. And the aliens are a different species. They have no obligation to follow our species behavioral traits.

I was going to add a picture of animal testing to this post but the pictures are too hideous to see. I'm almost in tears after viewing them

Of course it's wrong when human beings abuse any living creature. I am not excusing such evil behaviour. I am saying that it is just as evil to abuse other living beings when the aliens do it to humans. So the aliens have not advanced beyond humans in a spiritual moral way. The mistake that some people make is in assuming that because a species is technologically advanced that they must be advanced spiritually as well. Judging by the evil behaviour of the aliens this is obviously not true.

Change is not always for the better. Just as some individuals can change from good to bad, sometimes entire species degenerate with time rather than progress. Simply because a people have change their standards of behaviour over time does not mean that the behaviour has improved. Sometimes changes in standards of conduct become worse with time. This is the case with the aliens, assuming that they have been around for the millions of years that some people claim.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's all about free will probed.
As long as aliens(*) violates someones free will they violate the one most valid universal law. No beeing in harmony with the creation is doing this.
Next to that some sort of aliens are obvious notorious liar to us.

Certainly we have some bad ppl here on earth. But we also have a relevant mass that desires peace honesty and harmony and not war.

And about occupy other worlds/planets. Well first it has to come to that.
But if you consider how many planets/worlds are in our galaxy..
why then should we stay limited to one?
I see it as very strange if an alien race that might have inhabited 999'999 planets (who knows) tells us to stay arrested on 1 planet.

For some reason some specific aliens wants us to believe we are the bad ones. I wonder way.

edit to add: (*) guess you know to which aliens I reffer. Off course we can't put all aliens into one pot. there are certainly also the more friendly out there. All we should do is try to contact them instead of the doubtfull ones.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by g210b]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Boy, there is a ton of generalizing going on!

I will say that if you're talking about cruelty to animals, what "we" do "in the name of science" is nothing compared to what "we" do in the name of food.

Just a post-Christmas thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That was some turkey massacre!!

Maybe there is some operational code of ethics so foreign and outside time to us that it seems non-existent. If they are involved in the genetic creation of the species, than they probably feel quite justified in whatever manner of culling, examination or other attention they attend to us.

If not, it's certainly our own infighting and barbaric social morays that prevent us from furthering our own responsibility to each other. Perhaps they don't trust us with greater insight into their motives because we can't be trusted with that knowledge.

Power would be a different thing to them than the acquisition of goods and social control. Or they would easily have all that already. Or do they - in our childish refusal to stop destroying each other on a global and sometimes personal basis.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
also there would be a clash of cultures when the aliens appear with their own moral code. Obviously they are not slaughtering everyone they meet but they shock them with their forwardness and lack of regard for our personal space and values. We see this with young folks who disregard the traditions of the older ones. Even Jesus showed disregard for the traditional values of his time and even disregarded his parents at times.

Buddha did the same. He ignored his family and wife and threw away his safe secure life in the search for a spiritual meaning to life.

If the aliens are coming from a totally superior time and place then of course their ways are not going to be understood by us.

We have our ideals of how people ought to live but we war over which ways of life are the proper ways to exist. So there is no human consensus about which is the right way to exist. There are still huge differences in opinions about this.

Imagine you went to a primitive culture and tried to live your normal modern life there. They would think you were disrespecting their gods and their values etc just because you didn't follow their traditional values.
And would it be better if you paid full attention to following their traditional ways or would it be better for those people if you demonstrated by example how we do things in the modern world. Your example may free the oppressed from bondage, for the old ways are very oppressive in many circumstances.

So the aliens may understand that we are living in an outdated illusion with false values and they may see it best to just be real towards us instead of wasting time observing our ways of life. There may be no time to waste on such things, and the gap between our reality and theirs may be too wide to bridge in any other way than by just demonstrating their reality to us and letting us be shocked by it. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger and so we will adapt to their ways of life over time and we may come to appreciate its superiority after a while also.

After all we more or less worship Santa and his elves who magically fly through the sky and appear in peoples homes while they sleep and leave little presents in our socks. And the aliens with their elves do exactly the same thing only they leave little gadgets inside our bodies or little marks on us. Those things are like little bits of proof that we are not alone in the universe. So they are the greatest gifts of all in one sense.

So I think the aliens are just awakening us to their way of doing things and we just have to adapt to that or live in fear forever. If we truly want to find new worlds and meet new civilizations then all we have to do is open our eyes and smell the aliens who are already here.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If a species were evil they would act just the way the aliens are acting. Some people try to ascribe good motives to the evil actions of the aliens. But perhaps the aliens are just evil beings. They are doing what evil beings do. To suggest that the aliens are really good when they do evil is irrational speculation. It is contrary to the facts that the aliens rape, and torture, and kidnap people, and mutilate innocent animals, etc. Jesus told us that by their works we can know others. Judging by the works of the aliens they are pure evil.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think the some aliens have morals, but some don't. The Greys and Reptillians for instance is planning to take over Earth slowly, but surely.
There is a war going on and the goverment knows it.

Parts of the US leadership have been inflitrated by the Greys through mind control particularly in the air force, cia, nsa, Mj12 and other secret organizations like the illuminati.

The Navy is one of the few that is left who is fighting the war against the Greys and Reptillians.

Their plan is to wipe off 80% of the human population with a planed war with China. Then reveal themselves as the saviors of mankind for the remaining people. They will give shelter and food. Then microchip us for a complete control and slavery.

They need human for experiments to correct their genetic disorder and chemicals in our body to feed them.

They claim to be our creators, but have no soul. How can someone create a person with a soul and not have one themselves? The goverment is being deceived.

We must organize and stop the NWO before it's too late.

I got this info. from months of researching on the internet and this amazing site below.

toddjumper.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i'm sorry probed but violence is a good thing. it's healthy to watch movies or play violent games an listen to violent music. as long as you know it's fantasy, it's one of the healthiest ways to exersice that part of your nature.

even things like football are great because it's a constructive release of those emotions. If you walk around tryin to be happy all the time and never explore the not so nice parts of your being, you will eventually snap one day and shoot up a school or something.

i can honestly say if it wasn't for all these avenues that let me constructivley release my anger, that i would have hurt and possibly killed someone a long time ago. it has nothing to do what someone thinks is morally "right"..it has to do with human nature. people have a violent side it's a fact of life. just like people have a happy and joyus side as well. you can't have dark without light and u cant have "normal" morals without having the bad ones as well. it's all about control. ever since i was little my parents never cencored my media. the only thing they cencored was sexual content. but i was watching films like terminator and playing doom when i was a little kid..all with my parents blessing. they told me it was just fantasy, and as long as i didn't try any of the stuff in real life, that it was good way for me to relieve stress.

same thing goes for drugs and alchohol. they are your friends if u use them right, and sparingly. the biggest problem with society is that there is an idea that it is bad to do those things. problem is that is only 1 groups opinion. if substances weren't bastardized, and instead treated as something that people do to relive stress..u would have less people who take them the wrong way. i'm sorry but i can't stay sober all the time life is to boring to stay sober. it's to stressful to never alter your state of mind at all. at the same time i use moderation. last sememester i managed to hold down a job workin on a play off 42nd street, and got put on the honor roll for school, and might even graduate with honors if i keep it up...and i got so wasted in my free time it was absurd! it's all about moderation like i said. u can get as destroyed as u want as long as u don't let it affect your work or life.

and there's no proof that violent media makes violent children, that's utter flippery right there. if they take it as real, then yes they will have negative reactions, but like i said if they know it's just entertainment then it's harmless fun, and is healthy for them.

i don't really care what aliens think, but if they don't wanna drink and play some halo with me...then screw them! nobody wants to chill with a borning sober alien.

point is, what's morally "right" for one person..is not always right for the other. there is a basic standard that we all should adhere to. like i don't think anyone would think it funny or cool to see someone get raped, even if it was in a movie or a game. that's a certain line u don't cross. but mindless killing and substance abuse... for some reason it's just not bad when presented with the right attitude about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If the aliens seeded this planet and continuously altered humans by physical operations, cross-breeding, psychological manipulation from orchestrated supernatural and religious manifestations, mind control etc, then they own our species and have the right to do anything they want to it. They could wipe it out and start again with a new type of human if they wanted to.

Lobsang Rampa wrote a lot about how the aliens brought various types of humans to this world over the aeons and then wiped them out and started again with a new type of human. He wrote that the humans are bred on other worlds and then transported here.

So we can't really say our creators are evil. That's like a dog saying a human is evil because the human doesn't sniff butts and eat bones etc. We can't expect the aliens to do things our way if we are their creations. We have to advance by learning what they are and why they do what they do. That doesn't mean we should emulate their behavior. Just as we don't try to emulate the behavior of the God personality in The Bible either. Or if we do we are called evil.

What I've found is that the aliens are the creators and maintainers of this virtual reality type world. They are obviously millions of years ahead of us. If time can even be used as a measure of advancement anyway, which I somehow doubt?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by probedbygrays]

<<   2  3 >>

join