It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Area 51 Toxic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
We will probably never know for sure what substances were burned. The radar absorbent material (RAM) coatings on the stealth aircraft are plastic and rubber compounds, impregnated with ferrites. RAM in sheet form has to be glued on to the aircraft's surface. Spray-on RAM is liquified using various solvents. Many parts of the aircraft are made of graphite-epoxy thermoplastic composites. All of these things produce deadly toxins when burned.

I've continued to dig into the Toxic Waste burning case at Area 51. In the book The Dreamland Cronicals it mentions that the waste burning started around 1977-78. The book also sais that a lot of it was supposed to be coming from Lockheed, and was shipped in for disposal

If true, this suggest that these toxic wastes are a byproduct of the stealth program. I quoted Shadowhawk because he does a supurb job of discussing how the RAM and it's various supporting components are toxic when burned. I now believe that the toxic waste is most likely a byproduct of the Stealth Program. I also believe that many of these substances Produce toxic byprduct during their manafacture and use. Look at pictures of the B-2 having its paint striped, you will see workers wearing protective suits and respirators!

Tim

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
let's hope it isn;'t toxic i live near by!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

71 wild horses die at Tonopah Test Range

Nitrate contamination killed 71 wild horses last month along a dry lake bed on the Tonopah Test Range, enraging wild horse advocates who called Tuesday for full disclosure of how the deaths occurred.

And although the source of the contamination hasn't been confirmed by Air Force and Bureau of Land Management investigators, one former worker at the test range says he knows how the nitrate got there: illegal dumping of nitrate compounds used in the de-icing of planes and a nearby runway.

Read more from link below

www.lvrj.com...

George Knapp talked about this on CoasttoCoast am radio Sunday night. As he said, "It takes a lot to kill a wild mustang they are one tough animal."

The stuff may be buried at Area 51, but it's still toxic! The test site has hugh equipment ie- tractors buried, because it's contaminated. It's impossible to clean up.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In California we used to use smudge pots to keep the oranges from freezing in cold weather. Anything that would burn and produce thick oily smoke was put into those things. Now they use wind machines to do the same job.

In Illinois my dad and everyone else in the city would burn the fall leaves after raking them up. I remember throwing all sorts of stuff into the fire besides leaves. This practice was outlawed in the early 80"s if i'm not mistaken.

Back then burning was an accepted practice for getting rid of unwanted stuff. The dangers of burning trash are now widely known, but back then no one thought twice about it.

As for all Air Force bases being toxic I would have to agree, and also add that every airport is toxic to some extent if they have maintanence facilities.

I currently work in the aviation industry. We use chemicals in almost everything we do.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by assassini

Some of the chemicals used in avaition are very toxic. Our airport is over 50 years old, so i would assume that lots of nasty stuff has been spilled over the years. We don't burn the waste though.

How else would the government dispose of this stuff? I can understand not burning it. I also have no information on the conditions of the burial site. Maybe a high temperature incinerater would work.

I would also not want whatever is being buried to end up in th wrong hands, as it may give some other country a technology leap that could have been kept secret for a few more years. Examples of which include paints, coatings, and resins or sealants used in the manufacture of "stealth " aircraft.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hello,how's everybody doing today ?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I remember someone on the history channel saying the base had problems with nuclear radiation, but its anyones guess if this is the truth or just another theory.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by StandAloneComplex]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The person interviewed on The History Channel made some highly naacurate comments about Area 51 and radioactive contamination.

the site was, howvwer exposed to fallout during the era of atmospheric testing. Here are some good resources:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How I would love to get my hands on some water and soil samples from Dreamland. I completely agree with the poster above who stated that all military and civilian aircraft facilities have contamination to varying degrees. A cold hard fact I know so well, since I have personally tested many samples from such installations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join