It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What generation are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I know, I know, it's nothing but demographics and advertisment, but what generation do you considder your self to be?

I am born in 1981, and techically i'm either MTV generation, generation XY or generation Y according to the wikipedia definition.

I considder to be Generation X however, I believe anyone born from a babyboomer is considdered Generation X, i'd be XY generation which is a cusp and often they either considder their self to be part of one or the other.

I'll proudly proclaim i'm Generation X, what about you? I will not be part of a generation named after a network television station and feel no connection to it.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm from the generation that saw .25 cent gallons of gasoline, was amazed by this new-fangled gadget that could cook a potato in 5 minutes, was relieved by the advent of plastic garbage sacks that kept us free from washing our trash cans out every Saturday, that was mortified that the world had become such a place that a U.S. president couldn't ride through the streets safely with his car top down, that thought television could no longer be trusted to provide family entertainment when it aired "married with children".
I'm from the generation that discovered the American dream is just that-a dream, that hoped we could change the world for the better by dropping out and "turning on" (we didn't), that thought wearing beads and face paint was sooooo kewl (it wasn't).
All in all, in retrospect, I have to say it was not necessarily "the good ol' days" but a social experiment.
I'm a baby boomer. Boom Baby!

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm from the generation that I consider to be "Tweeners'. Too young to remember much of the 60's and too old to be "Generation X'ers. Maybe we're the "Lost in Space" generation. But not really "Baby Boomers". I did'nt go to woodstock or Vietnam. I did'nt get to be a "hippy".

Born in 1965, I got caught between the 70's disco and the 80's "new wave". I graduationed in 1983. My favorite bands in highschool were "the Ramones, the Talking Heads and the Clash.

I know some lump us in with the "Baby Boomers" but I think we're an entirely separate generation.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A baby boomer in the US but one of the Popes children in Ireland.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was born in the MTV generation

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I hate classifications. I've spent my whole life trying to not be a part of any generation, style, or genre. I consider myself

My-G-G-G-G-Generation

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
MTV Generation here too.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Born in the 50's, child of the 70's...

I was in the army when Nixon resigned, and was working full-time when the Iranians overthrew the Shah...

I can remember my dad driving around because he didn't want to pay 29 cents for a gallon of gas...

I remember when we sat in front of a black & white tv, eating the new-fangled Swanson's tv dinners on tv trays...

I had a stack of vinyl 4' high...

8-tracks in my buddies '68 camaro...

watching tv with the sound off and the stereo on...at about 1 am...you had to be there...

35 cents for a pack of smokes...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by apocalypticon]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Whats the next generation after z going to be?:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I'm from the generation that I consider to be "Tweeners'. Too young to remember much of the 60's and too old to be "Generation X'ers. Maybe we're the "Lost in Space" generation. But not really "Baby Boomers". I did'nt go to woodstock or Vietnam. I did'nt get to be a "hippy".

I know some lump us in with the "Baby Boomers" but I think we're an entirely separate generation.

Yep, right there with you elaine. The 80's are when I sowed my wild oats. I was a lead singer in a band, and my hair was huge! I look at Photo's of myself from then with the really big hair, and the red eyes and think to myself "What in the hell was I thinking?". It seemed so cool at the time........

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Generation X - Full Fledged and still "grunge" even today.

Still wear my Docs, thre's a flannel around here somewhere, still get tattoos when appropriate, still understand the responsiblities of being a consumer whore (read: thrift stores) and still involved in all my little environmental pet projects.

Man, I miss mosh pits.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Generation Y I guess

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I guess I'm with elaine and lombozo. Born in '62.

Have no clue what "generation" that's supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Generation X - Full Fledged and still "grunge" even today.

Still wear my Docs, thre's a flannel around here somewhere, still get tattoos when appropriate, still understand the responsiblities of being a consumer whore (read: thrift stores) and still involved in all my little environmental pet projects.

Man, I miss mosh pits.

Born in '81, but I'm with ya Gen. (minus the Docs...
never managed to get a pair cuz I can't find 'em in the thrift stores!
)

Oh, and Whitewave -- 'Married with children' was a great show! I tried watching Leave it to beaver and all that, but I just couldn't get into it. It was just so... clean, so nice, so 'friendly'...

Part of me wishes that I could've appreciated them in their time, and part of me looks at them, then looks at people outside.... there's absolutely no connection. Even my grandparents don't act that way!

What do these different 'Generation pick-your-letters' mean anyhow??

And why is it that I am (un-beknown to me) part of the MTV generation? wtf does that mean? I've never even watched that network... *shudders* (The very thought makes me feel dirty... pardon me while I go take a shower.)

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia, I would fall in the Gen X category. X for extreme, unfortunately, its extremely boring. Oh well, maybe next lifetime.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think this should be called:
Generation ONE

so i am from
Generation ONE

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I too am of the MTV Generation. Nowadays, MTV has gone to the dogs and has went to the doghouse a few times. God I miss the days of Beavis & Butthead.

Fires up the first video to be played on MTV Europe on its 1986 debut. Dire Straits - Money For Nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was also born Generation X.

I also kinda like that band.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I was born in 1966, but I don't really know what generation I am, cause most of the Generation X stuff missed N.Ireland. We had a little trouble here in the 70s you see. I've heard us termed as 'the lost generation', which I suppose is an idea.

new topics

top topics

join