It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
I will admit, some try to shove the word of God down your throat, but they are bad examples of people leading others to Christ.

Tell that to the 12 apostles.
I believe they were put to death for the shoving the word of God down people's throats.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

by rocknroll
I believe they were put to death for the shoving the word of God down people's throats.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't recall any manipulation on their part. Proclaiming something and 'Shoving it Down Throats' seem to be different to me. They were persecuted and killed for not being politically correct in their speech. The thought police didn't want the name of Jesus anywhere. Pretty much the same trend we're seeing today. Two thousand years hasn't changed much.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't recall any manipulation on their part.

Your wrong. They stirred up alot of people for making them feel guilty of their sins.
This is how people "convert" others (they feel bad about their former lives - sins).
If you want to call this manipulation....fine. I call it "conversion".

Proclaiming something and 'Shoving it Down Throats' seem to be different to me.

Two different ways to word what they did. Some who heard they're proclaimations would have said, "I don't need to hear this. Quit shoving your words down my throat. Go away and take your Jesus beliefs with you. I'm not interested." The bottom line is the 12 Apostles tried converting people no differently then Christians do nowadays when they bang on your door and say "Have you heard the news?" No different at all. Only difference being that nowadays they're not dressed in robes and sandals, and they can't be put to death for "spreading the news" and irritating peoples beliefs.

They were persecuted and killed for not being politically correct in their speech.

Well, that's interesting. I didn't know "political correctness" was in vogue back then.
They were put to death for their beliefs and for "spreading the news". Read the New Testament and you will find this out. It had not a thing to do with being "politically correct".......LOL!!!!!!!!

The thought police didn't want the name of Jesus anywhere. Pretty much the same trend we're seeing today. Two thousand years hasn't changed much.

They can't handle the Truth. On this we agree.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

by rocknroll
They stirred up alot of people for making them feel guilty of their sins.

I'm not sure how you 'make' someone feel guilty. Either there's a reason to feel guilty or there isn't.

they can't be put to death for "spreading the news" and irritating peoples beliefs.

No one had to listen to what they were saying at all. You make it sound like they chained people up and forced them to listen to the message. If people thought it was a false message, all they had to do was ignore it.

I didn't know "political correctness" was in vogue back then.

Absolutely, if you were at odds with the politics of the area, you got persecuted and killed. Thus, the Apostle's fate.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No one had to listen to what they were saying at all. You make it sound like they chained people up and forced them to listen to the message. If people thought it was a false message, all they had to do was ignore it.

Trust me, when you tell someone they believe something false and the temples that are dedicated to their gods are crock, they are not just gonna walk away.

Most likely you will get killed.

I'd like to see you go to a country in the middle east and tell them what they believe is false, Mohammad is full of S#%t, and Jesus is the only way. Then we would see if they just walk away.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I'm sick of atheists, they should be burned at the stake.

Yeah, seems like something christians have been known to do.

But personally I'd rather see a christian burn steak at the church fundraiser BBQ, just keep the atheist parts out of the hamburger patties.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I'm sick of atheists, they should be burned at the stake.

Yeah, seems like something christians have been known to do.

But personally I'd rather see a christian burn steak at the church fundraiser BBQ, just keep the atheist parts out of the hamburger patties.

HA HA HA! Very interesting reply, I was expecting something different, I was only fooling around, just trying to get a rise out of the atheists.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you 'make' someone feel guilty.

You don't. The Holy Spirit does.
The Holy Spirit leads us to truth. Laying a "guilt trip" on us is the initial step in leading us to the truth about ourselves and the battle between good and evil.

Either there's a reason to feel guilty or there isn't.

It's called sin, and it is the reason we feel guilty about anything.
If we talk about sin, people say 'you're trying to make me feel guilty'. Well, guilt can be the healthy interchange between God the Holy Spirit and our conscience. God built the capacity for guilt into us, at least the potential for it, to enable us to turn around. Thank God that guilt does not feel good or we would run after sin even more than we do. Guilt is an unpleasant feeling. Guilt is God's way of saying 'turn around, go the other way.' The guilt that is a function of the presence of the Holy Spirit acting on our conscience, that's what God intends to bring us to--to bring us to the point where we say, 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've offended you."

No, all I'm saying is their approach to spreading God's word was no different from Christians nowadays. I don't see Christians nowadays chaining people up and "forcing" them to listen to a message. And like you said, "if people think it's a false message, all they had to do was ignore it." — which still applies to the Christians today who many accuse of "shoving the message down their throats".

No different back then than it is today. Only back then they had the Christians put to death for getting on their nerves about "their message".

"I didn't know "political correctness" was in vogue back then."

Absolutely, if you were at odds with the politics of the area, you got persecuted and killed. Thus, the Apostle's fate.

But nowadays "political correctness" protects everyone, everything, every religion. "Political correctness" would never tolerate Christians being put to death.
Politically correct means: "relating to, or supporting" broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.

So tell me how were the guys who put the Apostles to death being "politically correct"?
Answer: They weren't because it wasn't a concept back then.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

by thehumbleone
Trust me, when you tell someone they believe something false and the temples that are dedicated to their gods are crock, they are not just gonna walk away.

I think this reveals the difference between them and the Christian's. Even today, any religious belief can speak in this country, which is majority Christian, and not fear repercussions. Like you said, I'd be hard pressed to find any other belief system nearly as tolerant.

by rocknroll
Politically correct means: "relating to, or supporting" broad social, political, and educational change

The only problem with this, is that the sin that drives man tends the 'change' toward sinful practices, i.e. sodomite marriage, infanticide as birth control. Ultimately a nation that pratices these things will be judged. How many have gone before us?

As far as Concept's, there is nothing new under the sun. Politics in all its aspects have been with man since the Fall.

I agree with your statements about guilt. It is the cause for the persecution. People turn the feelings of guilt to outward anger. Like if you just hadn't told 'em, they wouldn't have to deal with it, so you're the oppressor. Reminds me of interventions I've seen on TV. The addict doesn't want to face the fact they have a problem, so they get angry at those trying to tell them.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The only problem with this, is that the sin that drives man tends the 'change' toward sinful practices, i.e. sodomite marriage, infanticide as birth control......

You forgot to mention threads entitled "I'm sick of Jesus".
I'm with you.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
God will have his way according to plan..

Christ will do according to what the Father told him,

and many will be wondering what happened...

Finger in their ear..looking dumbfounded.." Wha "?

Which option works better. A world of universal love and compassion?

Or one of greed, gore, and get your own while you can.

Pretty simple for me to see..

Peace

[edit on 13-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have heard it said that one can not be saved in ignorance.

If Christ is the savior then what does he save you from?

If he saves you from the punishment that is owed to you then I say 'Go away you crazy fool!' I learn the truth by action and reaction. If you take away the consequences of my actions then you have damned my ability to learn.

Think about it.

And remember; God damned humans!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryScientist
If Christ is the savior then what does he save you from?

An eternity in Hell.

I learn the truth by action and reaction.

He knows this. He's hoping you will learn that your bad actions cause bad reactions.....and to turn the bad actions into good actions. A bad reaction should teach us something........to be good.

If you take away the consequences of my actions then you have damned my ability to learn.

Not at all. You're supposed to be learning from the consequence of your actions (bad or good).

[edit on 14-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

'Go away you crazy fool!' I learn the truth by action and reaction.

Fool..? Truth?

Re Truth...

"But you must know that words are naught till they are made alive; until the lessons they contain become a part of head and heart. 29 Now truth is one; but no one knows the truth until he is the truth"

Re: Fool

" And everyone that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand, and the rain descended, and the floods came and the winds blew and beat upon that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it"

Re: Divinity

"But woe unto you, ye enemies of men, if it be not a favor that you await but rather the wrath of the Divinity-woe unto you if ye expect miracles to bear witness to his power....

Think as you wish...But These inspired writings by Christ point to
the man who thinks he is wise and does not the ways of Christ will indeed be made a fool..

Peace

[edit on 15-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

An eternity in Hell.

I live in a world that is split in two. In a world where you can be attacked spiritually and you can't do anything to protect your self physically. You have no legal recourse and if you tried you might be locked in a room with very padded walls. Spirit does not exist in this christian nation. This is Hell and christ hasn't saved you or me from it.

Not at all. You're supposed to be learning from the consequence of your actions (bad or good).

Yes. So much for me committing the sin and christ paying for it. That would be less than perfect.

the man who thinks he is wise and does not the ways of Christ will indeed be made a fool..

I have yet to see the animal that can follow the ways of christ and live.
I'm a human animal and I want to live. Call it instinct.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

An eternity in Hell.

It very well could be...that this place will become hell as it is already for some. The continuance of adopting ways of not Christ like tend to lead to that.

I live in a world that is split in two. In a world where you can be attacked spiritually and you can't do anything to protect your self physically.

then you say

Spirit does not exist in this christian nation.

You just made an oxymoron. How can you be attacked spiritually in a Christian nation where spirit doesnt exist?

This is Hell and christ hasn't saved you or me from it.

At what point do you try and save yourself? If your clothes are dirty does one not try and clean them? If your car is dirty do you not wash it?
Just because you dont take your car or clothes to be washed doesnt mean there isnt a way. So it is with Christ.
You can always opt to drive a dirty car and clothes. One can have a hardened heart. But at some point, It was Christs hope that if you got but one of his teachings, that you would see that Loving one another is the only way to be.

Have you not...you just said above that this place is Hell.

Yes. So much for me committing the sin and christ paying for it. That would be less than perfect.

Somehow..you committing the sin and Christ paying for it sounds like a pretty good deal. That sounds more like perfect then imperfect.

Well now, it is looking that way now isnt it.

I have yet to see the animal that can follow the ways of christ and live.

It really depends on what your definition of living is. How about Christ himself. He lived Christ like and rose from the Dead himself. That points to an indestructable life. Its supposed to serve as an example to you also, that Death has no hold on you.

I'm a human animal and I want to live. Call it instinct.

I am not agaisnt you..I am for you. The mere fact that you started this thread means there is something that is bothering you. Something your struggling to explain.

What person that has a splinter in their eye doenst go to the mirror?

The Truth and Wisdom is a road less traveled. The more a society lies, the more a society decieves, the more life turns into hell for that society.

Change starts with each and every one of us.

I can assure you that the ways of Christ of serving your fellow man and Loving one another are in no way detrimental. When you say you are an animal and that you want to live..when you put that way to live of yours above everyone elses..you can get some pretty crazy stuff. NAZIS to list one.

Ill leave you with this...

Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.
5. Behold again, When one climbeth a mountain and attaining one height, he saith, This is the top of the mountain, let us reach it, and when they have reached that height, lo, they see another beyond it until they come to that height from which no other height is to be seen, if so be they can attain it.

The height to be attained is Universal love.

Open your heart.

Peace

[edit on 23-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join