It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of christens and especially Mormons. I am tired of of their belief that they are the ones that are right in 'gods eyes.' I am sick and tired of their belief that they are the ones to subject everyone to their DOMINION; plants, minerals, animals (including humans).

Listen, Jesus was killed by the powers that be. Those powers were established in the records of the old testament. I seriously doubt that those powers let their dominion be overtaken by the influence of one man. I keep in mind that those powers that be (Moses) had tens of thousands of innocence men, women, and children slaughter in the name of their 'god'. I don't believe that they have ever relinquished their powers.

Read the bible. The evil in the world is produced by those that think that they are 'right' in gods eyes. For example; if you were where the one killed by Moses's followers you would say that they are the evil ones.

That kind of evil has never relinquished it's power. If you don't believe me then look at the story of Jesus. He was killed by those that believed in the god of the old testament.

I hate that Mormons have taken an oath to kill them selfs to protect the secret that spirit influences the world. They use the spirit to benefit them selfs at the expense of others. You can not get something for nothing in business.

Spirit 'Is real'.

Merry Christmas. And remember that God damed humans (yes he did).

[edit on 25-12-2006 by angryScientist]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryScientist
I am so sick and tired of christens and especially Mormons. I am tired of of their belief that they are the ones that are right in 'gods eyes.' I am sick and tired of their belief that they are the ones to subject everyone to their DOMINION; plants, minerals, animals (including humans).

If you do a little research you will find that many religions instill that belief in their followers, it's tied to a base psychological need of Homo Spaiens Sapiens.

Listen, Jesus was killed by the powers that be. Those powers were established in the records of the old testament. I seriously doubt that those powers let their dominion be overtaken by the influence of one man. I keep in mind that those powers that be (Moses) had tens of thousands of innocence men, women, and children slaughter in the name of their 'god'. I don't believe that they have ever relinquished their powers.

Umm, not quite ... Jesus was killed by the Roman Army for his defiance of Roman Will, Moses held power in both Egypt and with the Hebrews, but whether tens of thousands of innocents died in his name is unknown.

Read the bible. The evil in the world is produced by those that think that they are 'right' in gods eyes. For example; if you were where the one killed by Moses's followers you would say that they are the evil ones.[/url]
Yes, it is a matter of point-of-view, just think about that base psychological need of people to feel superior and posess more than all others.

Originally posted by angryScientistThat kind of evil has never relinquished it's power. If you don't believe me then look at the story of Jesus. He was killed by those that believed in the god of the old testament.
Jesus was turned over to the Roman Army by the Hebrews, the Roman Army then Crucifued him as an enemy of Rome.

Originally posted by angryScientistI hate that Mormons have taken an oath to kill them selfs to protect the secret that spirit influences the world. They use the spirit to benefit them selfs at the expense of others. You can not get something for nothing in business. Spirit 'Is real'.
Merry Christmas. And remember that God damed humans (yes he did).

I never ever heard of this Suicide Oath, and as far as 'Spirit' belief, that is a basic function of most religions, check out the Christian Scientists if you want to have a good time. Have a Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hate hate hate. Buddy .. you've got a mean little evil spirit stabbing your soul with a flaming pitchfork.

You picked the wrong time of year to hate Jesus. Heck, ANY time of year is wrong, but deciding now that you hate Jesus when 1/3 of the world is loudly and publically celebrating his birth .... that's just asking for headaches.

Seriously ... get some fresh air and then thee to an exorcist. All that hate has to go somewhere. It'll eat your soul and then it will want you to act outwards with it. Violently.

I see a dangerous aura around you.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No, I'm on his side. It's about time the christians stopped blabbing in our ears about how "mercifull" and "compassionate" jesus is. And especially stop telling me I'm going to hell because I don't see the world the same way.
Your religion is guilty causing of a hell of a lot of deaths... and I will have nothing to do with it.

Great, so we have a holiday celebrating his birth... the Jewish also celebrate at this time... heck, the wiccans also have a celebration around this time... big deal. Here's a question, why don't you try being compassionate to your fellow man 365 days out of the year, instead of waiting until one day to do it, then following up the rest of the 364 days with "you're going to hell" and "you're all sinners"

Personally, I've allways viewed anyone who expresses their religion onto me in expectation of "converting" me to be a complete and total nut job. You know, they have a diagnosis for those who refuse to accept reality, and then act out their imaginations and affect others.

You want to believe? Fine. Do it on your own time. But come to me and tell me I'm going to hell and call me a sinner, and I'll tell you exactly where to stick your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Johnsky, A men!. hehe.
Its just mind control and repetition.
I bet we could get new age children to believe the Harry potter was real too. just keep telling people 2+2=5 and eventually they will believe you and follow you anywhere. Scare tactics work every time. follow the path of god or burn in hell for eternity. guess what if god was just Bush wouldn't be president.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Problem is that I find Americans really mess up the faith, how spin offs exists there that has become an apostate of Christianity?

The Bible also says that the righteous man whether he has known Jesus or not has a fair judgement. God is not stupid but he warns that the probability of denying Christ is a lot higher than maybe not knowing him and yet being a good person. What this means is that the anti-Christs the one's that know him and deny him are worse off than the ones that never did or could have been a good follower if they had the oppotunity. I think the book of ACTS explains a certain amount. The only extreamist views that Christians point out is to do with Homosexuality- which is one debatable act amoungst all sin that is commited in our hearts to abortion and marriage issues. Apart from that it's message is OK and all religions just about say they are the only way. The only thing is which is the only way, you decide, and if it's none then it's probably you have 20/1 chance of going to hell against you from the different relgions of world to choose from. Go by historical facts, research, divine intervention in scriptures, truthfulness and the human heart. The choice is yours and the choice is also not to believe so what ever happens I guess only faith can get us there with the VIP ticket, hope I chose the right one and many think they do what ever their belief system and I think a true God has tollerance and safe judgements.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
its not a scare tactic, it someone trying to help you. I will admit, some try to shove the word of God down your throat, but they are bad examples of people leading others to Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
remember, don't hate the messenger here, hate the message

angry scientist, look up the historicity of jesus before you attack him (you'll find some interesting thing

secondly, read up on the bible, it'll give you plenty of cannon fodder

though i agree with your points

seth green summed up my views on attempts at conversion w/a parody of the famous scene from the ten commandments

moses comes down from the mountain w/ the ten commandments telling people he has irrefutable guidlines for how to live life
a random guy says "is there anything there about not pushing your religion on others"
moses says "no, not really"
radnom guy: "didn't think so"

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Mormon extremists in Starship Troopers. I see your point and even know I'm Catholic, I don't agree with just about everything I was told to believe.

Also, Catholics never really followed the Bible and Gods Commandments, the two most important icons. I

Indulgences weren't in the bible

The Crusades was against the commandment "thou shall not kill." What's the worst part of it was that the invading Catholics called themselfs the "Army of God."

So back on topic, maybe it's not so much a reason to be sick of Jesus because Jesus has real reasons to be sick of humans or Christians in general.

No offense here, I mean it.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by wildcat]

[edit on 28-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
It's about time the christians stopped

Okay ... stop on that for a moment... you are tired of CHRISTIANS and not Jesus. Right? Jesus in the bible is someone totally different than many Christians.

especially stop telling me I'm going to hell because I don't see the world the same way.

I totally agree with that statement. I have had to deal with that from a lot of fundamentalists in my day - when I livedi n Alabama. If you weren't a WASP .. you were going to hell. I totally understand that statement.

But that's THEM and not Jesus, right?

[edit on 12/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if this was a I'm sick of Mohammed thread?

After all Mohammed was nothing but an illiterate, child molestor. No wonder why his followers are so whacko!

As for as Christianity, you can hate the message, but really cannot fault the messenger. When it come to Muslims you can do both!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am so sick and tired of christens and especially Mormons.

It does not sound like you are sick of Jesus, rather it sounds like you are sick of the self-righteous. That is understandable, and one reason why I left the church, false doctrines being taught in the church was the main reason, nevertheless, I did not abandon my faith however.

I hate it when another Christian preaches to me about smoking, and telling me the body is the temple. That very same Christian guzzles soda pop by the liter, stuffs potato chips in their mouth, and is as fat as a pig. If their body is also a temple…then why are they dumping poisonous food/drinks into their temple? See, it’s about taking the dagger out of your own eye first, and then you can see how to help your neighbor take his/her dagger out safely.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

i have no idea, but it's not like mohammed i continually forced down the throats of americans

After all Mohammed was nothing but an illiterate, child molestor. No wonder why his followers are so whacko!

first of all, MOST muslims are rational human beings
secondly
mohammed wrote down the koran....
your illiteracy point is just stupid
thirdly, marrying young girls it was a cultural thing
mary (the supposed virgin) was probably in her early teens when she gave birth, would that make GOD a child molester?
and would that make JOSEPH a pedophile?

As for as Christianity, you can hate the message, but really cannot fault the messenger. When it come to Muslims you can do both!

you are right, hating a fictional character is awfully hard
at least we're pretty sure mohammed existed
but the muslim message isn't as intolerant
islam puts forth that everyone goes to hell, even if it is only for a second
then everyone serves their time and goes to heaven
well, unless you're hitler, stalin, etc
then you're stuck in hell

i really don't understand why you're such a bigot RR

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Jesus is part of Islam.

angryScientist, when Mormons (or anyone else for that matter) stop me in the street or knock on my door I just politely tell them I'm not interested. If they decide to ignore that and continue to bother me I get mad and tell them to stop harassing me. It rarely gets to that point though.
Personally, solicitors get me more angry than religious types.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
mohammed wrote down the koran....
your illiteracy point is just stupid

Most Muslims believe Mohammad was illiterate, why is this stupid?

www.dlshq.org...

marrying young girls it was a cultural thing
mary (the supposed virgin) was probably in her early teens when she gave birth, would that make GOD a child molester?
and would that make JOSEPH a pedophile?

Mohammad's 3rd wife was 6 years old, (that's sick). Comparing Mary to Ayesha is pretty stupid. Mohammad had a total of 17 wives.

i really don't understand why you're such a bigot RR

Being a bigot against people who want you dead is easy!

[edit on 29-12-2006 by RRconservative]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
RRconservative, when less than 1% of a group wants you dead, it isn't justified
hell, bigotry isn't justified when more than half of the group wants you dead

so, self-proclaimed bigot, why not try to live without the things that the muslim world has given you for a while

and why did you quote a source written by a hindu swami?
that's the worst

also, i told you, it was a CULTURAL THING
it isn't like he was doing something that was unusual in his culture
i'm not saying it's right, but you can't fault somebody for doing something that they find to be socially acceptable in a society that views it as the same

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

why not try to live without the things that the muslim world has given you for a while

Exactly what has Muslim's contributed by the 20th and 21st Century?

www.islamonline.net...

Sure, Muslims have claimed several accolades as proof of their contribution to scientific prowess. The most recent example of that is Dr. Ahmed Zewail, who won the 1999 Nobel Prize. Others have made contributions to the field, but on a much less notable level.

Having said that, there is no doubt that our contribution in proportion to the world's population is highly questionable, with much of the blame being attributed to Muslims' poor attitude towards science and the understanding of science, technology and the policies as well as allocation of resources to education and research by those in power.

Not much, and this is from a Muslim. Trying to live without things from the Muslim world would be pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Exactly what has Muslim's contributed by the 20th and 21st Century?
----
Not much, and this is from a Muslim. Trying to live without things from the Muslim world would be pretty simple.

well, let's see from

this external source

my favorite on there is chemical pharmicology
try to live without that huge one

or the current numeric system..
oh, you broke that one in the quote

the islamic world has contributed more to the world than you give it credit
just because there hasn't been much lately in an exploited and war-torn part of the world, doesn't mean you should count the contributions of islam out

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

or the current numeric system..
oh, you broke that one in the quote

Being that was thousands of years ago, I hope you can understand the break.

Try thinking like the Muslim that wrote the piece. Sure he found a couple of things to be proud of. But all in all contributions to society by the Muslim world is pityful.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Didn't Christianity destroy entire libraries of knowledge because it was deemed blasphemous? This happened all up and down the Americas, Persia, and parts of Asia. Lets not forget the destruction what little transcribed tribal history there was in western Africa. I'm willing to bet that Christianity destroyed more than it created for most of it's existence.

Sounds to me like some people have this thing going where if it ain't Christian, it aint worth knowing.

RR, you obviously know very little about Islam, and are just looking for reasons to hate it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join