It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

3D TVC for the Eurofighter, will it happen?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have seen a few sites were 3D TVC will be used on the Typhoon: Typhoon, will this happen does anybody have any recent news about this?


[edit on 25-12-2006 by Foxtrot97]




posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The plans are there, but the money and urgency issue is not as clear, will it be fitted in the Typhoons after 2010? Maybe.



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Eurofighter would be in WVR what the F-22 is in BVR



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowraven
The Eurofighter would be in WVR what the F-22 is in BVR


Yes, but does anyone have info on the Meeting between the Typhoon and Raptor?



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowraven
The Eurofighter would be in WVR what the F-22 is in BVR


I'll take exception to that statement and say that with fighters out there with similar maneuverability to a Typhoon (with or without TVC). With similar or even better HOBS missile, similar or more advanced HMS it will not have such a deices edge in WVR, if any. But I'm sure it'll help.


Originally posted by Foxtrot97
...does anyone have info on the Meeting between the Typhoon and Raptor?


They have never 'met', in that context.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by WestPoint23]



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wow, what a weak engine... the thrust is just 20250 lbs. Compare that "engine" to the propulsion system of the F-35 (it's thrust is 40000 lbs). Linky: www.globalsecurity.org...



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
Wow, what a weak engine... the thrust is just 20250 lbs. Compare that "engine" to the propulsion system of the F-35 (it's thrust is 40000 lbs). Linky: www.globalsecurity.org...


Er..yes, but the Typhoon has 2 engines!

Doh!

EDIT: RAF policy is to always try and have twin engine aircraft, in case of failure.

The F-35 has a single engine as that makes for a better VSTOL, at least in the "B" variant. It would be a royal pain in the arse to control 2 engines in VSTOL mode..

[edit on 26/12/06 by stumason]



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah, tech failure. Ya see, it's possible to predict when will F-35, but you can't say that about the EF-2000.

You also need to realise that the EF-2000 was never intended to be a good plane, it's just a europrestige project. No wonder why the French don't fly that plane.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
Yeah, tech failure. Ya see, it's possible to predict when will F-35, but you can't say that about the EF-2000.


What was that in English? I just don't understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.


Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
You also need to realise that the EF-2000 was never intended to be a good plane, it's just a europrestige project. No wonder why the French don't fly that plane.


Haha, yeah. Whatever. The only plane that is better than the Typhoon is the F-22 and then, only in BVR. WVR and it's a different ball game, but having said that, if an F-22 gets WVR then it has failed already.

I suppose your going to say the Rafale is better than the Typhoon? As that is the only plane to come out of France that is even close and is still left behind.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Though the F-35 is not in serve yet when it does enter service it will be more advanced and more capable than the Typhoon. Sorry, but like all other current fighters the Typhoon can't compete with a 5th generation design.

As for the F-22 in WVR...

All I'll say is that the F-22 is very maneuverable and that it has one advantage when gorging into WVR that currently no other production fighter has...


[edit on 26-12-2006 by WestPoint23]



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Though the F-35 is not in serve yet when it does enter service it will be more advanced and more capable than the Typhoon. Sorry, but like all other current fighters the Typhoon can't compete with a 5th generation design.


Never said it could


I am pointing out that as it stands now, the Typhoon is #2. In 5-10 years time, when the F-35's finally get up and running, it will be #3.

But... we're never going to go up against 5th gen fighters, hopefully. And if we do, by then we'll have 6th Gen....



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Fair enough, but you'll get the F-35 so you will have a 5th generation fighter if need be. And we will also see the RN whip the RAF in A2A exercises.
I'm sure they've been waiting a very long time for that...



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Fair enough, but you'll get the F-35 so you will have a 5th generation fighter if need be. And we will also see the RN whip the RAF in A2A exercises.
I'm sure they've been waiting a very long time for that...


Since the dawn of time, I should imagine!!


Should make for some interesting times at family gatherings... Hehehe



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason


What was that in English? I just don't understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.

Oh, so you can't even read? I'll repeat:
It is possible to predict when the F-35 will technically fail. It isn't possible to predict when the EF-2000 will technically fail.


Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
Haha, yeah. Whatever. The only plane that is better than the Typhoon is the F-22

Wrong. Not only the F-22, but also the F-35 is better than the EF-2000. You can deny that, but it doesn't mean the EF-2000 is better. Even if you continue simply saying the EF-2000 is better, it won't be better. Keep wishing. And if you don't believe me, read this: www.globalsecurity.org...



It will provide air- to-air capability second only to the F-22 air superiority fighter.




I suppose your going to say the Rafale is better than the Typhoon? As that is the only plane to come out of France that is even close and is still left behind.

I dunno if it is better than the EF-2000, although the French say so. However, I know that both planes are inferior to the F-35 and the F-22.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
Oh, so you can't even read? I'll repeat:
It is possible to predict when the F-35 will technically fail. It isn't possible to predict when the EF-2000 will technically fail.


Elaborate. I like a good read.

As for your "quip", I can read, but your sentence made no sense. You were missing words.


Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
Wrong. Not only the F-22, but also the F-35 is better than the EF-2000. You can deny that, but it doesn't mean the EF-2000 is better. Even if you continue simply saying the EF-2000 is better, it won't be better. Keep wishing. And if you don't believe me, read this: www.globalsecurity.org...


Where did I say they weren't?

Your stark raving, my friend.

The Typhoon is currently number 2. It will be number 3 once the F-35 is online. I've already said this, though.

Originally posted by AntiBliarPolitician
I dunno if it is better than the EF-2000, although the French say so. However, I know that both planes are inferior to the F-35 and the F-22.

In that, we agree.

Of course the French are going to say the Rafale is better, but as it stands, it is not. Export orders alone speak for themselves, let alone technical specs.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Elaborate. I like a good read.

I can't elaborate on tech failures of aircraft, however I know from GS that you can predict tech failures of the F-35 but not of the EF-2000. If you want to know more, you need to ask an Air Force mechanic.



Where did I say they weren't?

Sorry if you didn't.

EDIT: You said:


Haha, yeah. Whatever. The only plane that is better than the Typhoon is the F-22

after I said the F-35 is better than the EF-2000. That means you think the EF-2000 is better than the F-35 (not that it'd matter though). If, however, you don't think so now - good, that means you're able to learn.



In that, we agree.
Of course the French are going to say the Rafale is better, but as it stands, it is not. Export orders alone speak for themselves, let alone technical specs.

But the French are already designing a replacement for the Rafale. As it will be the replacement, you can be sure it's going to be better than the plane it will replace, though not necessarily superior to the EF-2000.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by AntiBliarPolitician]



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Typhoon is the first service aircraft in the world with a built in self diagnostic system which monitors every aspect of it and predicts failure, so you are quite wrong.

Also France is not designing any replacement for the Rafale, unless you are referring to the Neuron UCAV, which on the other thread you seem sure that no nation will develop, despite the quite obvious evidence to the contrary.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There you go. Waynos has spoken...



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
The Typhoon is the first service aircraft in the world with a built in self diagnostic system which monitors every aspect of it and predicts failure, so you are quite wrong.


But not the only one, and in all fairness to the other member the F-35 will have a similar system.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   


Also France is not designing any replacement for the Rafale, unless you are referring to the Neuron UCAV

Yes, however I was only referring to it theoretically. But I know that even if they produced it, no one would buy it, just like no one bought the Rafale.


which you seem sure that no nation will develop

Yes, and I am right. Just check the stats.

#1: www.cia.gov...
#2: www.conservatives.com...
#3: www.answers.com...

The NATO Secretary General has asked all NATO governments to raise their military expenditures to at least 2% of GDP, and yet few have done so.

The German government has been cutting military spending for several years. Linky: www.globalsecurity.org...

America has also reduced its military spending since 12/31/1991.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by AntiBliarPolitician]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join