It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamofascism: How dare you say that

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Islam is essentially a cult, because it stems from the teachings of an individual man, Mohammed. Christianity differs from that because it stems from the teachings of a deity. While Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship Jehovah/God/Allah, Christianity is a modification of Judaism along the lines of a divine revelation from Jesus, who was also God, whereas Islam was begun by a mere man, Mohammed.

The teachings of this cult require jihad. Now, of course some will jump on me and try to say that jihad merely refers to a cleansing of one's heart. However, in its original context, it is clear that the Qu'ran indicates that a jihad of the Earth is required, in which all non-Muslims must be killed. It is only when the infidels have been completely eradicated from the world that true peace will be achieved. Like it or lump it, that's Islam for you.

Yes, there's many peaceful Muslims. Everyone likes to talk about them. However, they are not "good" Muslims because they are not doing what their religion teaches. When looking at the true, pure version of Islam, it is a religion of bloodshed against the nonbeliever. Christianity teaches conversion, and dispatches missionaries to every corner of the globe, while Muslims wage wars against Israel and Western Civilization in general.

Someone will doubtless accuse me of forgetting the Crusades, so I'll bring it up before they get to it. Yes, Catholic Christians slaughtered Muslims in the Middle East centuries ago. It is now portrayed as a very intolerant act, and I won't say whether it was or wasn't. The point is, Christians no longer engage in this behavior, and the historic Crusades have long ended. Unfortunately, Islam has not become so enlightened, and continues a "crusade" of dynamite belts and cowardly acts of terrorism.

Now go ahead mod, warn me. I know someone will. ATS denies all forms of ignorance, except censorship. This means, unfortunately, that people like me who represent the danger that Islam poses to the superior Western Civilization, are ostracized in such a community as this, of supposedly intelligent individuals.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Islam is essentially a cult, because it stems from the teachings of an individual man, Mohammed. Christianity differs from that because it stems from the teachings of a deity. While Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship Jehovah/God/Allah, Christianity is a modification of Judaism along the lines of a divine revelation from Jesus, who was also God, whereas Islam was begun by a mere man, Mohammed.

actually, one of the key defining factors of many cults is that their leader(s) proclaim themselves to be a god
and you're making a biased statement
you proclaim a man to be a god
a man whose existence has recently been thrown into question...
but that's not the topic of this thread

The teachings of this cult require jihad. Now, of course some will jump on me and try to say that jihad merely refers to a cleansing of one's heart. However, in its original context, it is clear that the Qu'ran indicates that a jihad of the Earth is required, in which all non-Muslims must be killed. It is only when the infidels have been completely eradicated from the world that true peace will be achieved. Like it or lump it, that's Islam for you.

the holy book of islam does not require the earthly islam
you clearly provide no evidence to back up your claim...

Yes, there's many peaceful Muslims. Everyone likes to talk about them. However, they are not "good" Muslims because they are not doing what their religion teaches. When looking at the true, pure version of Islam, it is a religion of bloodshed against the nonbeliever. Christianity teaches conversion, and dispatches missionaries to every corner of the globe, while Muslims wage wars against Israel and Western Civilization in general.

islam teaches to live a good life in which you're a productive and helpful member of your community

5 pillars of islamic faith

1:Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad
2:Establishment of the daily prayers
3:Concern for and almsgiving to the needy
4:Self-purification through fasting
5:The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able

Someone will doubtless accuse me of forgetting the Crusades, so I'll bring it up before they get to it. Yes, Catholic Christians slaughtered Muslims in the Middle East centuries ago. It is now portrayed as a very intolerant act, and I won't say whether it was or wasn't. The point is, Christians no longer engage in this behavior, and the historic Crusades have long ended. Unfortunately, Islam has not become so enlightened, and continues a "crusade" of dynamite belts and cowardly acts of terrorism.

as opposed to courageous act of saying "god told me to invade iraq" and bravely sending thousands of young people to die for their country

Now go ahead mod, warn me. I know someone will. ATS denies all forms of ignorance, except censorship. This means, unfortunately, that people like me who represent the danger that Islam poses to the superior Western Civilization, are ostracized in such a community as this, of supposedly intelligent individuals.

now you're associating a religion with eastern civilization...
western civilization leeches off of the accomplishments of other civilizations of which it has put underfoot or just stolen from

ISLAM is not a threat
the social, political, and civil state of the general middle east is
the culture is a threat
not islam

SC, all you're doing is spewing out rhetoric i've heard before
yet no evidence to back it up

[edit on 1/7/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
1. Christians believe that the founder of their religion was a deity.

2. Muslims believe that the founder of their religion was a man.

Hopefully that is unbiased enough for you. While Mohammed may not have claimed to be a deity, he certainly claimed to have some kind of authority from "Allah" to create his own religion.

And it's great to see that you consider the "jihad" of Islam to be one of self-cleansing. Really. Now, if everyone in the Middle East shared your opinion, maybe it wouldn't be such a hot pot.

Unfortunately, thousands of Islamic fundamentalists don't share your same superior understanding of the Qu'ran, which is why they continue to blow people up. Yes, it's good that you have such an inspired understanding of Islam. Perhaps you could teach it to Osama bin Laden and all the other terrorist cronies of the Middle East.

And no, I was not equating a religion with an eastern civilization. Eastern Civilization, in China and Japan, was a great institution. Western Civilization, in Europe and America, continues to be a great institution. The same can not be said for that area in the middle, where humanity continues to root around in the mud like pigs, wearing outdated clothing, requiring third-graders to marry old men, practicing female circumsicion, sending children to "martyrdom camps" in Iran, rewarding families who have a "martyr" aka suicide bomber, and other acts that, if practiced in the West, would provoke worldwide outrage.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And it's great to see that you consider the "jihad" of Islam to be one of self-cleansing. Really. Now, if everyone in the Middle East shared your opinion, maybe it wouldn't be such a hot pot.

well, not everyone does
a good number of people in the middle east do
they just don't get press because they aren't the ones killing people...

Unfortunately, thousands of Islamic fundamentalists don't share your same superior understanding of the Qu'ran, which is why they continue to blow people up. Yes, it's good that you have such an inspired understanding of Islam. Perhaps you could teach it to Osama bin Laden and all the other terrorist cronies of the Middle East.

thousands out of over 1 billion..

And no, I was not equating a religion with an eastern civilization. Eastern Civilization, in China and Japan, was a great institution. Western Civilization, in Europe and America, continues to be a great institution. The same can not be said for that area in the middle, where humanity continues to root around in the mud like pigs, wearing outdated clothing, requiring third-graders to marry old men, practicing female circumsicion, sending children to "martyrdom camps" in Iran, rewarding families who have a "martyr" aka suicide bomber, and other acts that, if practiced in the West, would provoke worldwide outrage.

aside from the "outdated clothing" those points don't really apply to the majority of the middle east

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm speaking primarily of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. Of course the oil industry does bring commercialization to parts of some of the Middle East, which generally provides benefits.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm speaking primarily of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. Of course the oil industry does bring commercialization to parts of some of the Middle East, which generally provides benefits.

care to back the broad sweeping generalizations about entire national populations up with some sort of evidence?

i'd prefer some statistics

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I could start social commentry on what I see in the US, but its not my country and to do so would be wrong. Based on what I read on ATS from some sections the US is in one hell of a mess. But I don't judge internal US politics or population make ups because I don't live there, so I'm wondering what gives you any kind of right to comment on - or makes you any kind of expert - on what goes on in my country?

Nefermore, Have you forgotten this gem of a post?

posted on 1/8/2007 by nefermore at 08:00 AM (post id: 2863971)

As an English person, I had no problems with the US up until GWB got elected. Sure, I was aware of the US foreign policy, and its many hypocrises but still, it wasn't in my face and mainly you could say that the US was fighting for "noble" causes. Oddly, from my perspective Clinton lived the American dream - getting blown in the Whitehouse by a younger woman has to be the ultimate Presidential cliche of all time and yet you lot had him impeached.

The current Bush just comes across as seedy, stupid, arrogant and dumb. His foreign policy is based on blatant lies and he's been surrounded by people that make an outside observers skin crawl. Instead of doing what other US administrations have more or less succeeded in by keeping the lid on most of the background hypocrisy, Bushco has just done it all in the shop window, said "FU", stuck two fingers up at the world and expects to get away with it. Corporate America, war for oil, reduction of freedoms, blatant lies.

Bush is the man who took the sympathy of the world after 9/11 and turned it into distrust and dislike.

And yeah - I know - its always been that way, but the gloss has come off now. The woodworks been exposed and its rotten. It needs cutting out and replacing.

To quote David Bowie "this is not America" - at least not from this Englishmans point of view

Just sayin' .....kettle/black.... Stones/houses and all that.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

2. Muslims believe that the founder of their religion was a man.

So do Jews. Does that make them a cult? Remember that Christianity considers Judaism a true religion representing the one true God, but incomplete in its doctrine of righteousness for lack of the doctrine of Grace which they believe the first coming of the Jewish Messiah revealed.

Perhaps you could teach it to Osama bin Laden and all the other terrorist cronies of the Middle East.

Osama Bin Laden is political as much as he is religious. His vision is for a Caliphate, with him, and no one else, as the Caliph. Islam is not his problem, it is a tool that he manipulates.
Political motives are also quite evident in the Palestinian conflict. That war is about as "holy" as pork rinds.
Ditto the Persians (nationalists aspiring to regional power), The Syrians (secular ba'athists), and the Balochs in Pakistan.

Edit to add:
Sorry I clicked a little early. Don't you think it's amazing how the nations that have what they want politically aren't engaging in state sponsored terrorism? It's not as if they mellowed out when they made money- they never were very much of a problem. Smaller states which are isolated on the coast of the gulf with lots of desert between them and other interests, where the emirs are safely in control have never rocked the boat much. Its the ones who got caught in the middle of Super Power Politics after the world wars who got screwed over and were guided into "Jihad" by people with other political agendas.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In this PC world we are more afraid of being labled as racist then doing the right thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
In this PC world we are more afraid of being labled as racist then doing the right thing.

are you saying that wrongly labeling islam as a fascist group is actually the right thing to do?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
Fear

Oh no no no Mr Kool Aid man, fix my wall

This douchenozzle Glenn Beck is apparently developing a new flavor.
"Bin Laden who? We have to worry about Iran's latest nutjob!"
Do we, stupid?

"Europe will be too busy fighting at home to help with the war on terror"
Allow me to translate.
"Europe no longer wants to bomb brown people and rob them and I'm making up a bogus excuse as to why. Even though it has no basis in fact the people whom I broadcast to have the average IQ of a tree sloth so it's okay."

And on another note. I don't know about the rest of the world, but the US has definately managed to group all Muslims together in the minds of it's people. So the idea of an increasing Muslim population, even if exaggerated or fabricated, is a scary one. However, did you know that a good portion of Muslims are non-religious just like a good portion of Christians are? That's right, I dated one, and she could sin like a Catholic schoool girl. Naturally when I found out that she was a Muslim it blew my mind because Muslims are just one step away from religiously fanatical terrorists, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i'd prefer some statistics

Feel free to collect the stats yourself.

its the same # in the end, it all big \\popularity cult

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As has been pointed out, most of us who are critical of RADICAL Islam are usually very careful to phrase our remarks just that way.

Just a quick question, what in the phrase Islamofascist implies or states a unity in purpose of the groups usually lumped into that particular phrase? It merely describes the intent of the groups, not whether or not they are joined at the hip.

Peace and unity under Sharia Law? I suppose so, as long as one is content to except second class citizenship if you are a non-muslim.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join