It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Contact Made?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I came across this on Digg, and since I don't believe I have seen it on ATS, here's the link:

video.google.com...

This video claims that SETI has made contact, which was verified by two employees, but are now being sidetracked by the FEDS. If this is true, this could be the downfall of religion, and maybe the beginning of international peace. But I dont think this information will be taken too lightly by the top religious figures.

Any input?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Why is it that everyone thinks that when first contact happens that religion will just magically cease to exist? Some of us religious folks aren't so weak-minded as to believe what some living creatures tell us. Quite the contrary; we'll tell them that they may have been responsible for planting us here so many millenia ago, but they are nothing more than the instruments of some much more divine creator. If someone is that weak in their understanding of a creator, then they never believed in the first place.

As for the topic, if they have made contact, I wanna know who's computer it was discovered on. That would be just as important as the contact itself.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yea, sorry. This has been around for quite some time. Note the Dr. Steven Greer connection.

x08

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Who is Dr. Steven Greer? I can find that he's the head of CSETI...? Sorry, I have been out of things for a while (real life such as family making interruptions in interests)....

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Does anyone know the title of this one? The google link isn't working....

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The link dosent work can you re post please

We're sorry, but this video may not be available.

Try refreshing the page to see this video.

To see more videos visit our home page

got out of that one line post nicely lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SETI has not found ET: official

Astronomers at the SETI@Home project have spoken up to dismiss suggestions that the project intercepted signals from an alien civilisation...Despite the otherwise sceptical tone of the article, his comments sparked speculation that we had actually made contact with another world. Sadly, this does not appear to be the case, and Wertheimer told ther BBC today that the idea of contact was "all hype and noise". "We have nothing that is unusual. It's all out of proportion," he said.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Why is it that everyone thinks that when first contact happens that religion will just magically cease to exist? Some of us religious folks aren't so weak-minded as to believe what some living creatures tell us. Quite the contrary; we'll tell them that they may have been responsible for planting us here so many millenia ago, but they are nothing more than the instruments of some much more divine creator. If someone is that weak in their understanding of a creator, then they never believed in the first place.

As for the topic, if they have made contact, I wanna know who's computer it was discovered on. That would be just as important as the contact itself.

TheBorg

I see where your coming from,but your everyday christian(33% world pop.) is gonna flip out.The ones I know any way.Im sure other relgions will do the same most of them anyway

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I look forward to the day when contact is made, what an exciting time it would be. I remember i watched a video that said SETI had discovered a signal, from what they thought was created by artificial intelligence. It said that they had managed to decipher the signal and the print out was pictures of humanoids, and planets.

They were all up in arms, they had made contact with an alien civilisation. I couldn't believe what i was watching, i was so amazed at this discovery and at the end of this documentary it said "This hasn't happened yet... but what if it did". Oh, how i felt so silly! But my amazement was real.

I am a religous person, not for a minute did i feel my religion was threatened, or were my beliefs. The discovery of new species, local or alien is still interesting, and fascinating news to me.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Skyco]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Skyco]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yes they have made contact

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yes i agree, it is true

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yes i agree, it is true

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yes i agree, it is true

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice post but the link still does not seem to be working. I think that if they really did find something then they would be locked down immediately by the military.

Would be cool if you got the link working please

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by x08

who is dr steven greer. check out the disclosure project

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkmttr
... If this is true, this could be the downfall of religion, and maybe the beginning of international peace. But I dont think this information will be taken too lightly by the top religious figures.

Any input?

I doubt religion will go away because it may compliment religion to some degree. It's possible that many religions may actually transform and merge into a more unified major religion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sure!!!!!! , I really doubt it

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I came across this digg a while back. I'm not sure what to think of it. Maybe true?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

nicely said, not all religious peeps would replace god with aliens, but rather add them to their religion (they were executing the will of the creator)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join