It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO Photographed By Ex Israeli Soldier!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was just surfing and look what I found!! A strange 'UFO' photographed by a former soldier in the Israeli Defense Force, or IDF.

The picture was taken at night, from the ground, and he says many others saw what appears to be lightning striking an ellipse-shaped object hovering overhead.

So, what do you think it was?

More..

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i'm no expert, but it looks to me like dust on the camera lens.....notice how the bottom left edge of the lightning actually goes through the anamoly?

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i'm no expert, but it looks to me like dust on the camera lens.....notice how the bottom left edge of the lightning actually goes through the anamoly?

Depends on how you look at it, from my view it is just touching the surface of the object/field. And the strange thing is that electrical objects were malfunctioning at the time of the sighting. It could be a cloaked ship being exposed by lightning. Nice find

[edit on 25-12-2006 by 137]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ask yourself, What is the photogragh of? The lightning or the UFO?

Obviously it is a photo taken of the lightning.
Assuming that the mysterious object was extraterrestrial:

You cannot capture lightning with any ordinary camera. You need a time delayed shutter to allow more light in. In otherwords, extended exposure.
If this is the case then we would be left with one of two scenarios.
1) If stagnant, the object would seem solid and in detail, as the camera is allowing more light to pass through the lense. As this is not the case, due to the transparency, let us look at scenario two.
2) If in motion, we would be able to see a transparent outline of the object, followed by a blur.

Due to the understanding of UFO's being able to move at great speeds without much time accelerating, it may be possible to eliminate the latter part of scenario 2. If this is the case, what would we be left with?
Something looking alot like this:

However, that is assuming that the UFO left immediately after the first few micro-seconds. But personally, this doesn't sit well in my books.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by Gear]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The first thing I always do when I find a new "ufo" picture, is check out the exif data in the file.

When I see the words"File written by Adobe Photoshop 4.0", I am inclined to believe it is a hoax.

I am going to look at the image a bit, to see if I see any other telltale signs.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, I see a fairly smooth transition from the object to the surrounding areas.

The only place I can really see where it is over pixelized is where the blue fades to black, not a very smooth transition there.

What that means, I dunno.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Also the first thing i do with pictures and movie clips is check it on authenticity. That is were experience in graphics design en the various programs comes in handy, and i can find no part where this picture would be altered. It looks very authentic to me

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Another ufo pic from the same site. The exif data on this picture also show "photoshop". It could mean that they resized the image from the original in photoshop. or ??

linky

and some area51 humor form the same site here:

area51 humor

[edit on 12/25/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
..and some area51 humor form the same site here:

area51 humor

Mech! That was a great piece! A good one to wind up Christmas with!!

Now could that object in the pic have been a storm-tossed Met balloon, the shot taken a fraction of a second before lightning struck it? Hmm...Whatever, it does seem weird!

[edit on 25-12-2006 by mikesingh]

new topics

top topics

join