It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing double numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This started a few months ago. I've searched on the net for any kind of information because its now starting to bother me. I thought it was an illusion at first. Because of the way it started. A few months ago, I was thinking about life and reality. How everything we see is what we we've created. The trees, the spec in the window, people, our friends, accidents. I know this sounds crazy but they've already done studies on this.
I took this quote from one of the ats threads about how particles change because we observe them.(physics)

" But the really interesting factor to me, according to the book, is the particle/wave conundrum. As you say, all particles are also waves, but the mindblower is that particles may only become waves when they are observed. The observer is therefore inextricably part of the experiment.
Our consciousness, may actually be creating the observable universe, because our brains are acting like holographic receivers, (and projectors, btw) interpreting what may actually be nothing more than swarms of particles, into waveform, which is what we perceive as the true reality." I got this from www.abovetopsecret.com...

So from this I got the idea about how we actually create evrything we see( Matrix). Anyways, I think about this all the time and this was another day. As I was thinking I looked at the time and it said 10:10 am. And I thought to myself ' I wonder if I can make myself see double digits all the time. And it was from around this time i started to see double digits. At first it was only a few times a month and then it became a few times a week and now its almost everytime i look at the time. Now i thought it was funny at first and only a fluke and I thought it was just an illusion but it was when alot of the times my bf would ask for the time and I would see double. So i told my bf the story, he didn't believe it but then we both started to observe that the time was laways doubled whenever he asked. Now he's freaked out. Also, its happened only twice now but when I ask him for the time, it's as if ' through me' he sees double.

I'm just curious about what people think. i know the answer will be " Did the chicken or egg come first?" Did i start seeing double because I thought of it or did i think of it because the double started. Oops, I don;t think I worded that right. Anyways, hope someone out there can tell me something. I don't care for the answer on why its happening because I'll never know but only want to know if other people are experiencing it or if there's been any studies done on it. A mystery is a mystery because it just is.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I dunno if this will help any, but this link that I found might shed some light on why you might be experiencing the things that you are.

henry.pha.jhu.edu...

I know you don't really wanna know why it's happening, but it's always nice to have something to put into perspective. I think it adequately explains what several have experienced. I've also experienced something like that. For me, it's usually at 12:34 am or pm. Other "times", it's just any set of numbers in numerical order. I've gotten so used to it that I rarely even notice it anymore. Once in a while I'll see it and go, "cool."

Again, I hope this link helps some.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If true, then illness and germs are particles as well, which makes sense because healing is a constant. Which means that our view of health and wholeness can be greatly altered. Which is probably the way God intended.

I have noticed that the less attention I pay to a cold the faster it is gone.

I believe it also has something to do with the thought (conscience) realm vs. spiritual realm. Thought needs attention and the spirit does not, but, it appears to me that most people have this reversed which is the cause of most of the worlds ills.

The other factors may be the fact of being asleep or awake. And, you find what you are looking for. It may just be the answer to a question your mind was holding. Imagine looking for how to heal the world.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Siren]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately, as far as my anyalsis is concerned, it is an illusion. A cool illusion, but an illusion none the less.

I've broken it down into two possibilities:

1.) Everyone has a biological clock set in their heads. Ever since wondering if you could make yourself see double numbers, your subconcious keeps tipping you off every time double numbers on a clock shows up.

2.) Your mind is using an extra sense to see what time it is, and is only calling your attention to the time when double numbers show up.

Those are the two most mundane I could think of, and the more mundane answer is usually the correct one when it comes to this stuff. I hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Borg- thank you for the link. It's made me understand other parts i didn't know. You added another piece to my puzzle.

Siren- what's the difference between though and spirit? And if i was " looking" for how to heal the world, then that's exactly what would happen. I would be "looking".

Voldmaster- your anyalisis makes sense. But you forgot to analyse the part where my bf asks for the time. is my extra sense also affecting him? What does that mean? That we can affect or 'control' people in certain ways?

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinecone79
Is my extra sense also affecting him? What does that mean? That we can affect or 'control' people in certain ways?

Not nessisarily, though it is possible to affect people's thought processes. However, effecting peoples thought processes is considered very rude(by anyone who believes that it's possible, that is), so DON'T.

I think that since you've told him the story he privately thought it was cool, and wanted to see if it would work with him. And, therefore his subconcious or extra sense is tipping him off each time double numbers shows up, and instead of looking at his watch, his default is to ask you the time.

Make sense?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I see the same numbers on the clock every night. 9:11 pm. Every night for a couple months now.

Heres what I think another posibility is.

I look at the clock many times a day. And most times I see ( 2:27, 5:19, whatever) I don't pay much attention too. But then I see 9:11 and think of...well, you know.

So I think you see a whole bunch of numbers on a clock daily, but you only rememer one time for whatever reason (know something happened then, think about it, whatever) and you remember seeing it everyday and start to think something funny is happening.

I think that made some sense. Oh well, just my " theory"

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Voldmaster- I completely agree with you. That's rude to try and control people(some people actually already do without even realising) but this isn't the type of control I was talking about. And I also believ your theory on the 'contagious' side of the other sense. I guess this is what collective thinking is about. And its inevitable.

Enjoeies05-I actually had already thought that maybe this is what I was doing as well and kept myself conscious about my actions. But this isn't the case. Oh well, I guess i should stop letting it bother me and start thinking it's cool again.

Thanks again guys.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Siren- what's the difference between though and spirit? And if i was " looking" for how to heal the world, then that's exactly what would happen. I would be "looking".

Thought (thinking) is of self and spirit (knowing) is of God.

The term "imagine" was not the best choice of words. "pinecone 79" had his thought on seeing double numbers. All I was saying is if it worked for double numbers it can work for other things like healing.

top topics

join