It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Singer James Brown Dies at 73

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The Godfather of Soul has passed. James Brown, the legendary singer died early Monday morning after a brief hospitalization, he was 73. While the cause of death is unknown, he had been admitted due to pneumonia. Brown was one of the great pioneers in modern music, and is credited with Rap, Funk, and Disco genres.

www.breitbart.com
From the 1950s, when Brown had his first R&B hit, "Please, Please, Please" in 1956, through the mid-1970s, Brown went on a frenzy of cross-country tours, concerts and new songs. He earned the nickname "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business."

With his tight pants, shimmering feet, eye makeup and outrageous hair, Brown set the stage for younger stars such as Michael Jackson and Prince.

In 1986, he was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And rap stars of recent years overwhelmingly have borrowed his lyrics with a digital technique called sampling.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A tragic loss, James Brown was both a great innovator, and controversial figure. His legal difficulties with had interrupted his career, spending two years in prison for assault. His music and those that were inspired by him are his great legacy. Rest in peace James, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Legendary Singer James Brown Dies at 73...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What a disappointing happening. I did a lengthy report on him for a paper, and he was definately a pioneer. It is very very unfortunate to see him go. We all have to go one day though right? 73 is a long run.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
He was the man and the method.

His legendary sax man Maceo Parker, continues to tour with his own funky sounds:

Maceo Parker

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Considering the life he led, I'm amazed he made it as long as he did. JB was great, but I'm I expected him to go out a long time ago. I wonder if he had any idea he'd have this kind of run.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
James Brown sure influenced this whiteboy to get FUNKY!!
Rest IN Peace Mr. Brown.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sad news this morning christmas day, he would not be forgoten, specialy on a day like today.

His music and his memory will stay we us forever.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Rest In Peace James!

With all Your music in our hearts, You are with us Forever!

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
God bless this man

and may he rest in peace

top topics

join