It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Levitating Stone Of Shivapur, India!! Antigravity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Now this is something that's beyond bizarre! A levitating stone!
The circular stone, weighing 70 kilograms or approx >140 lbs which otherwise is extremely difficult to lift even with both hands, is easily thrown up into the air with just the forefingers of a few people!!

Don't believe it? Check out the pic. It's true.

A volunteer agrees to try and lift the stone
single-handedly for the camera. That's as far
as he could go

Qamar Ali Darv....eeessshhh!
Way to go!!!

Now what do the scientists have to say to this?? Any theories?

Here's more!

Pics: Courtesy Margaret Deefholts

[edit on 25-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well I can see 7 people there (if not more hidden from view)... 70kg / 7 = 10kg each. I wouldn't imagine 10kg to be impossible for each person to lift in unison?

Take care and peace,
- Naz

BTW - MERRY XMAS

[edit on 25-12-2006 by nazgarn]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ever play the game "stiff as a board light as a feather" with your friends? Same concept. Not realy a thing of magic its just mind over matter.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just tested my theory of lifting a weight with one finger...

Went into the garage and lifted a 12.5kg (heavier than 10kg) dumbell with my index finger. It was difficult to get a grip as I had to balance it in the middle but I could bicep curl it without too much difficult. Mind you I'm not big I weight 75kg myself.

I went a step further and tried with my little finger on each hand. I did it with my right little finger and struggled with my left little finger but with a bit of effort I lifted it.

I would imagine due to the shape of the stone, the grip for each man would be easier than trying to balance a dumbell.

So in looking at it from my perspective it just seems like a little trick.

Take care,
- Naz

PS - I viewed the website you provided and there were 9 men in the photo so the weight is more like 7.7kg each to lift!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
ok , a few observations in no particular order :

first , the stone that the " volunteer " is attempting to lift - looks larger , and of a different shape than the stone seen in later shots

second - the stone shown in the " volunteer " shot - appears [ from it size ] to be far heavier than 70 kg [ judging by the lengh of his arms and the stone heigh ]

the " volunteer " is claimed to be muscular , yet he canniot lift 70kg - heck i had to run 50m carrying a fellow recruit in a firemans lift - yet he cannot even lift a stone of the ground ???????????

lastly - i need to see more and better resolution images and video

they claim that teevee crews have investigated this , where is the footage ?

PS , just what size is the stone - and how many are there - different websites claim either a single 70 kg , or a pair - @ 55 and 41 kg each .

which is it ?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
there may or may not be a similar principle being used in moving weighty stones.

its also a fact that 'Ed Leedskalnin' 100 lb immigrant
built the 'Coral Castle' located in Florida, not so many years ago.

www.coralcastle.com/home.asp

the thread starter Stone isn't really being "levitated',rather its being lifted

and the camera captures the release moment when all 11 grunts who have a ritual in lifting the stone
remove their lifting fingers at the proper signal...
resulting in the momentary suspension of the weighty stone in space

11 people driven/focused in their effort to produce a desired result

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have visited Shivpur after seeing this site (0n 3.7.2008). We exactly 11 people have had no attempt to lift the stone. We felt like just lifting a 1 liter water bottle. (each one felt 1KG). If so the total weight is only 11KG????

actual weight is about 70 Kg (I could guess).

something strange there.

Rajan BN
Dubai

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nazgarn

In 1997 I actually watched this. The men chosen from the crowd did not lift the stone. They merely touched an index finger to it and then all chanted. Their arms raised as the large stone moved upward to about 7 feet above the ground but I saw NO hands or fingers on the bottom of the stone. In fact, most began to move away rather than have 154 pounds of rock land on bare feet and toes. I have no explanation. There appears to be no trickery involved. There are no microwave towers, no piano wire, no magnets, zip, nothing in the vicinity. I chalk this one up to being a bit like Bigfoot. I'll believe it when I see it. Now, I believe the 'levitating stones of Shivapur' and keeping an eye out for Bigfoot.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

A volunteer agrees to try and lift the stone single-handedly for the camera. That's as far as he could go

Next time choose a stronger volunteer , hehe. I could lift that rock by myself easily

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ever play the game "stiff as a board light as a feather" with your friends? Same concept. Not realy a thing of magic its just mind over matter.

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Cool to see, but it has way more to do with the human body more than the stone itself.

top topics

join