It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ahmadinejad: U.N. will regret nuclear sanctions

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Security Council would regret voting in favor of the sanctions, saying he was sorry the West lost its chance to make amends with Iran.

"You have to accept that Iran has the technology of producing nuclear fuel. And it will celebrate it in coming anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution in February. You, resorting to these sort of activities, cannot achieve anything except dissolving your reputation," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying.

"I am sorry for you who lost the opportunity for friendship with the nation of Iran. You yourself know that you cannot damage the nation of Iran an iota," the state-run news agency, IRNA, quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

www.cnn.com...

right, to produce nuclear fuel... whatever you say. does anyone these days really believe irans nuclear program is peacfull at all???? i doubt it.


mod edit: title for clarity

[edit on 27-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]




posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Whats that old saying
innocent until proven guilty?

People were so quick to jump on the 'Iraq has wmd' band wagon, and anyone that doubted the claims were considered unpatriotic.

While I do think Iran has some sort of underlying motive here, surely there's enough to learn from Iraq, not to go nose first into this conflict without proof.

If that proof is a mushroom cloud over Telaviv,
well, there intellegence aparatus, like ours on 911... obviously failed.

If there develouping nukes, there will be evidence, solid proof.
And untill we have that, I dont think anyone should be making there mind up about Irans position.

Hundereds of thousands of innocent people have died because we made that mistake.. lets not make it again.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
there is no hard proof that Iran is developing Nukes and none of the people from Iran is going after nukes bandwagon has proven it (mostly just their opinion so they shut up after you ask for hard proof)

also the US is trying to do what it did to Iraq and everyone knows its about the Value of the dollor and Iran ditching it



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
there is no hard proof that Iran is developing Nukes and none of the people from Iran is going after nukes bandwagon has proven it (mostly just their opinion so they shut up after you ask for hard proof)

also the US is trying to do what it did to Iraq and everyone knows its about the Value of the dollor and Iran ditching it


Well there's hard proof that Iran is developing fissile nuclear material, there's hard proof that they want Israel wiped off the face of the Earth, there's hard proof that they have developed long range missiles, there's hard proof that they supply weapons to terrorists, there's hard proof that have have made threats against the US.

But you're right, there's no proof that they will develop nuclear weapons



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Retsha
If anyone is arming anyone US is certainly involved.
and the Iran president wants the Zionist regime whipped out. way to take that one out of context.
plenty of people have mistles. The bigger threat is NK.


but your right everyone should bow to what the US does because they are all mighty and know everything.

As for arming terrorists i think if you look into that, the CIA and other secret agencies have a big involvement in the training and the armament of the "terrorists"



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Well there's hard proof that Iran is developing fissile nuclear material, there's hard proof that they want Israel wiped off the face of the Earth, there's hard proof that they have developed long range missiles, there's hard proof that they supply weapons to terrorists, there's hard proof that have have made threats against the US.

But you're right, there's no proof that they will develop nuclear weapons


and vise versa your country (im assuming your from the US) is still the main benfactor to most terroists around the globe even bin ladin and his chums were armed by your country. so dont use the same BS most people use here Iran supplies terrorists with weapons. its all to do with prospective hazbullah and so forth are scene as terrorists by some countries and not by others. (gets kind of boring having to repeat one thing over and over)

Hard proof they are developing long range missiles?
so what almost all countries posses such ability.

making threats against the US?
last time i checked it was they will strike back at the US intrests and so forth if the US or israel should attack them pre emtivily hence Iran have every right to do so.

and israel part read the reply above mine.




[edit on 25-12-2006 by bodrul]



posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is a crying shame.

I'm surprised that the UN Security Counsel would make a move like this without having any proof. It would have been much more effective to continue talks with Iran and seek diplomatic resolutions to their concerns.

Ahmadinejad is right... these sanctions will do nothing. Iran will be able to by-pass them with ease, backed by both Russian and China as they are. What's worse is that now all their research will go underground. Where they were once willing to provide inspection access and even tours of their facilities, now everything will be done under cover. They no longer have any reason not to conduct weapons research.

All that this has done is to make sure that there is no way that a diplomatic resolution can be found.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Report: Iran oil profits could dry up by 2015

www.cnn.com...



Interesting article today on CNN, usually a sidepartner of FOX

"But, Stern says, there could be merit to Iran's assertion that it needs nuclear power for civilian purposes "as badly as it claims.""

Wouldnt this article be counter productive if the US was hell bent on hitting Iran?



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Umm, the US never "had" to prove Iraq had Nuclear Weapons or other WMD's. Saddam broke something like 22 UN Resolutions in relation to its military build up and was bluffing about rather or not it had WMD's. Saddam got involved in a high-stakes bluff and got called on it.

I hope that the more Ahmadinejad talks in Iran the more Americans/Westerners will understand that now is the time to look at alternative sources of energy. Ahmadinejad must be better advertising for Honda, Toyota and other alternative fuel vehicle manufacturers than their own commercials.

Ahmadinejad with a nuke would be something like 1,000,000 times more dangerous than a chimp with a gun, and he would be twice the weight of the chimp.

Seriously though, there is no way the Iranian government should have a nuke. If anyone googles anything the government of Iran has come out and said publicly in the last couple years they will soon find out Iran's real intentions and it's not their power supply.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Low Orbit]



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Umm, the US never "had" to prove Iraq had Nuclear Weapons or other WMD's. Saddam broke something like 22 UN Resolutions in relation to its military build up and was bluffing about rather or not it had WMD's. Saddam got involved in a high-stakes bluff and got called on it.


yeah sure and all the UN needingmore time since they found jack all was just some fantasy



Originally posted by Low Orbit
I hope that the more Ahmadinejad talks in Iran the more Americans/Westerners will understand that now is the time to look at alternative sources of energy. Ahmadinejad must be better advertising for Honda, Toyota and other alternative fuel vehicle manufacturers than their own commercials.


and seeing as he is getting his country into alteritive source of energy .#
dont see what that comment has to do with things


Originally posted by Low Orbit
Ahmadinejad with a nuke would be something like 1,000,000 times more dangerous than a chimp with a gun, and he would be twice the weight of the chimp.


to late the retard in the whitehouse has already been voted in and hes dumber then a lab Rat let alone a chimp atleast chimps can act smart.


Originally posted by Low Orbit
Seriously though, there is no way the Iranian government should have a nuke. If anyone googles anything the government of Iran has come out and said publicly in the last couple years they will soon find out Iran's real intentions and it's not their power supply.


seriously there is no proof Iran is going after nukes and there is no hard proof so insted of telling people to google it how about you show some hard proof Irans pursuse of nukes.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Bodrul, I take it you aren't Jewish?



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Bodrul, I take it you aren't Jewish?


and what does not being jewish have to do with things?
just curious



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
please lets stop with the jew bashing. i dont want to start a riot or anything. this is all about mohammed and his comments not about the jews.



posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was just trying to remind people that if Ahmadinejad got a nuke he would hold Israel's fate, the fate of an entire people in his hands and use it for ransom, the world cannot succomb to extortion.



posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
I was just trying to remind people that if Ahmadinejad got a nuke he would hold Israel's fate, the fate of an entire people in his hands and use it for ransom, the world cannot succomb to extortion.


very far fetched isnt it ?
israel is known to have 200+ nukes so Iran couldnt and wounldnt hold israel to ransom since israel could easily wipe the floor with Iran by launching a couple of its missiles.

so easy with the "fate of an entire people in his hands and use it for ransom, the world cannot succomb to extortion. "

and again there is no proof Iran is going after nukes just americas and israels wet dreams



posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Look everyone that says there is no proof and we should just wait and see..sorry but until Iran lets UN inspectors check 100% of every freakin closet , underground bunker, attic you name it and I do mean 100% access to any and everywhere they want or need to check, they are guilty to the world. If they are smart enough to hide it and they dont find em, then so be it, but until we have checked totally they will never be considered innocent in the matter of nukes and they will have to deal with it.

I get so sick of hearing you whiners say they need to be left alone, again I say if they let us check anywhere we deem neccecary and we dont find any clues to misuse then we need to back off, until that day they are considered "guilty" plain and simple. At this point they have allowed access to only some sights, only ones they agree to but not total access. What do they need to hide??



posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
Look everyone that says there is no proof and we should just wait and see..sorry but until Iran lets UN inspectors check 100% of every freakin closet , underground bunker, attic you name it and I do mean 100% access to any and everywhere they want or need to check, they are guilty to the world. If they are smart enough to hide it and they dont find em, then so be it, but until we have checked totally they will never be considered innocent in the matter of nukes and they will have to deal with it.

I get so sick of hearing you whiners say they need to be left alone, again I say if they let us check anywhere we deem neccecary and we dont find any clues to misuse then we need to back off, until that day they are considered "guilty" plain and simple. At this point they have allowed access to only some sights, only ones they agree to but not total access. What do they need to hide??


Interesting post. From what I've read, Iran has complied with ALL scheduled nuclear inspections. It's snap inspections that they have a problem with. Is that a problem? Maybe. It could also be the fact that this isn't a western nation and they could see "snap inspections" as an insult. Eastern people think differently.

BTW, if the UN wanted to make "snap inspections" in any western countries nuclear production, what sort of response do you think they would get?



posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
I get so sick of hearing you whiners say they need to be left alone


and the rest of us are sick of you guys always coming up with the same old excuse with no solid proof what so ever.
always coming on here Iran this Iran that with the only thing to abck the statements up with is hot air.


intrepid has already said what needs to be said about the inspections


[edit on 27-12-2006 by bodrul]



posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hell, people are just biatching when UN is trying to impose sanctions against Israël for their crimes, then they whine again when Ahmanejidad is just protecting the interests of his country by whinning about the UN sanctions.

Bush denied the peace with Iran many times, Iran offered peace many times. They participated with the war on terror in Afghanistan, they were helping the US, then the asshole in the white house decide to put them in the ``evil countries``, that broke the relations between the two countries.

Bush want a war. Ahmanejidad want to protect his country from enemies (globalists/neo-cons), just like the people in the US want to protect their country from the same war-mongerer the neo-cons, and they are failling. The iranian are a greater threat to those traitors than the americans.

Before invading other countries, you should kill the traitors inside your own country who are building a north american union and a police state.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join