It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have a mental illness which my doctor said i was lying about

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i need help finding out what my illness is can someone help me.
it happens at unregular gaps, can happen anytime, anywhere and it can be between 5-30 mins in length, it feels like there are 2 people inside my brain and its like they are arguing or something one is like drunken and very relaxed and the other is extremely jumpy and wary of things happening around him.
im asking you if you can help me because when i went to go and see the doctor about it when i was 6 he said i was lying. It is still happening now and im 14.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Do you hear audible voices between these two separate identities, or is it more a thought conversation?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
how often do you hear them?
i'm not drawing to any conlusions untill you spill the beans on this, for all we know you're likely to be shizophrenic, or, a liar

not meaning to freak you out, shizophrenia can be cured, lying can't.
Peace
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
its hard to explain about the 2 people. Its more of feeling than audio but i fogot to add somethings. this has also happened in a dream and it scared me #less.
and it speeds up what is happening around me. everything includeing sound

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MUDDYFOX
its hard to explain about the 2 people. Its more of feeling than audio but i fogot to add somethings. this has also happened in a dream and it scared me #less.
and it speeds up what is happening around me. everything includeing sound

the speeding up might have to do with where your focus is, sorta like the reverse of when you drop something and immediatly everything goes into slow motion.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the speeding up is what scares me the most.sometimes there is slowing down as well but only on one occasion when i was on my bike.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   

the speeding up is what scares me the most.sometimes there is slowing down as well but only on one occasion when i was on my bike.

weird, i used to be able to do that for a few seconds at a time, voluntarily, but that was like wen i was 6 or 7
everything changed later, i lost the ability.
hey, you're gifted, you've kept the talent for so long, been able to smoothen out any creases? try doing this voluntarily, just make sure you dont overdo it, or u could totally lose it

another thing, try focusing in ur dreams on this...when dreaming you are capable of far more than you would imagine, focus your dreams on this post tonight.
Peace
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Okay, I have this phenomenon happen to me concerning slowing down sounds. This has happened to me since I was a child. It happens when I am engaged in something that is extremely manual, and tedious, but does not take great mental focus. I cannot control when it occurs. I have read of others who have this as well. One famous basketball player could look down at a 78 record turning and slow it down to the point he could read the label. In a game he could slow down the actions around hims to the point that as he dribbled full speed down court, he could read the writing on the ball.

Though I cannot say that when this happens it "scares" me, I can say that when it happens it is unnerving...maybe because the brain senses that it is changing its own perception of reality.

Concerning the distinctly separate thought entities. Is there one particular instance of this happening that you might remember well enough to actually "dialogue out" the two separate sides of the thought conversation?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
p.s. I would like to also point out that though you may have some "abnormal" brain functions happening here, don't write yourself of as having a mental illness. Also, if this troubles you, you should speak to your parents about your concerns and request that you be taken to another doctor for a second opinion. The response of the doctor who saw you when you were 6 is reprehensible.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
they arent talking they are just 2 different people with different feelings happening at the same time then its mixed in with my thoughts

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
shizophrenia can be cured, lying can't.

I am in agreement with you. I highly doubt that any doctor would say that you were lying in the manner that you describe.

BTW, it is normal to have conersations with yourself in your head. Just don't vocalise them.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   

they arent talking they are just 2 different people with different feelings happening at the same time then its mixed in with my thoughts

This may sound odd, but i just had a thought cross my mind. these 2 different people, could they have been 'spirits' from siblings your mother lost during childbirth and their spirits are still attached to yours?

Or your like those Indigo Children who are super smart. Born between 79 and 89 i think. You may be hearing something because your spiritually more in tune than other people? Only a thought.

Do you take any medication that could also be causing this? Write down the 'Time' Day' Year' Place' that this occurs and keep track of it. Does it happen in intervals/randomly/when your in a particlar part of the house?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
BI-POLAR?
I have ADHD, that just makes me to energetic, and my focus span is very short.
Unless they shoot me up with ritilin and make me a slave to the system.....
Its a conspiricy.......listen to the drunk in your head!!!!!!!
Deep

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
that sh*t used to happen to me back inthe day when i was 6-11 but what your sayting sounds wierder then mine, i would hear 2 people IE: *me* one the calm guy and one the ricker, I just "fergot" about theys 2 vouses and they went away..

I remember one time I was playing socker, and the goaly tryed to trick me, he kicked the ball the other way he said he was going to, So when it came to me, i hit it as hard as i could. Not relising it was going to hit this kids face that was coming down the slid, time slowed down everything seamed like it was going 10x slower, and i felt connected to the world but then, for some reason the ball veared off to the left, missing the kid

i never had the *speeding* up of stuff.

If this stuff is scaring you, witch it never did to me you should go maybe see another docktor

i could do otherstuff to

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
MuddyFox,
You dont take any Drugs do you?
Serious question.
Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
lol i dont take drugs no. this seems to happen randomly.At first something triggers it but i havent been able to trace what it is.it gathers pace after about a minute then it seems to go instantly

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
oh yeah and i was born in 89

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good news, you aren't Schitzophrenic.
Bad news, you are prone to be.
I suggest a NEW DOCTOR, and asking about Zyprexa.

BUT DO NOT TAKE WELBUTRIN, OR PAXIL OR ANY OTHER ANTI-DEPRESSANT. Doctors are stupid and think everyone is depressed. You aren't complaining about depression. You feel torn, racing thoughts, etc. Zyprexa is a MILD anti-psychotic, more preventative than anything. Also avoid Xanax, or any of the tranqs they may try. You DONT need RIDLEN either.

Doctors try to prescribe what they have stock in.

I'm not kidding about avoiding anti depressants...I was like you, and they made me CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ya rant, my mom is on them shes cookoo fo coocoo puffs

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
We all have many different sides to our personalities and as we get older, we usually settle into following one and suppressing the others. For instance, as a kid I would switch between being daring, wary, rational, shy, happy-go-lucky, etc. I used to feel those different sides of myself competing for control over how I would react to a given situation. Part of me would want to be daring and adventurous. Part of me would want to be wary and cautious, and part of me would view the situation logically and objectively. All of these thoughts would be going on simultaneously, but without any clear definition. I just had a sense of their existence. As I got older and had to start conforming to the "grown-up" world, my logical, rational side started to be the most influential part of my personality. I began to suppress the other sides, bit by bit. They never went away entirely, and when I am feeling free to accept my whole nature, I can still experience all of them. Those different sides of myself, when I can find my way back to them, help me to see all sides of a situation, and make more satisfying and honest decisions.
I don't know if this is similar to what you are experiencing, but if it is, I would not be afraid of it. It is just your personalities contemplating various information and thoughts about different things in your life. View and contemplate all of feelings you have, in order to see things from all perspectives. They can be of great help when you are confused or unsure of something in your life.

Part of the reason why everything speeds up when you feel these voices, may be because you are afraid of them and the anxiety you experience may cause your brain to start processing everything around you faster in an attempt to block out or understand those feelings.

If you hear the voices speak to you directly or tell you to do specific things, it may fall into the schizophrenia category, but unless the voices are detrimental to your life or health, I don't see that as being a negative thing. Why should we take drugs to suppress voices in our heads, just because someone else says they shouldn't be there? That's like telling a child that their imaginary friend doesn't exist, and they shouldn't say their friend is real, just because we can't see them.

This is just my opinion, and you should definitely do whatever you feel is necessary, for you to be happy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join