It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to have a Paranormal Experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't get hacked up into pieces with me asking for some kind of help. I've been interested in the paranormal for my entire life, all educational programming on the subject is immediately on my TV. I've had several instances where an event in my life occurred and appeared to be beyond simple coincidence. I've had a few possible experiences of the paranormal that I have more or less accepted to have a more rational explanation. Despite my pessimistic view on those experiences, I remain a firm believer, and I'd really appreciate some type of tutoring so that I can have a true experience.

I'm interested in everything. I've never seen a ghost, but I did happen to have an unusual experience one day on the computer, when the light above me (clearly switched off) began to flicker, and there was some electrical disturbance with my computer too. However, there could be a rational electrical explanation for this..

I've never had an out of body experience, but many times I have felt myself spinning, sometimes opening my eyes and I'm too dizzy to focus. I often find myself correctly guessing an answer or accurately predicting the immediate future, but every attempt to test this has resulted in failure. I frequently experience deja-vu, but I think science can explain that too.

I've been using the "BrainWave Generator" lately and I've experimented with many different presets, but I've had no interesting things happen.

Another reason (though admittedly, the main reason is to fulfill curiosity) is that I am currently doing research on psionics and the paranormal to write a science fiction story based on the abilities, and I think experiencing something truly paranormal would be very beneficial to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Paranormal expereicnes are hard to generate.
In fact, i've been a Paranormal investigator (in my space time) in Southern Georgia and Flordia for nearly a year and i've only had Maybe 1 or two. However, something that is easier then a complete experience, but will blow your mind, is an EVP. Goto somewhere that is considered haunted. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GO ALONE.
Always Always ALWAYS make sure you have someone with you. Not necessaryily to keep you safe, but as a witness to validate your findings. Now, bring a Voice Recorder (I use a cheap $40 Digital SONY one from wal-mart). Now, start the recorder and ask questions. I've found that it makes better atmosphere if the lights are off and everyone is quite, but some of the clearest my group has gotten were when we were setting stuff up. I remember one we got while we were testing our recorders and I just happened to have mine running getting ready to interview one of the clients. Anyway, Record for a good amount of time (usually an hour works). Then go back and listen after you've left the area. I find that transfering the audio to my computer and using Audacity to enhance it works wonders if it's difficult to hear and does not corrupt the quality or the evidence. I'd be willing to give you more advice if you message me.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm not really sure how you go about having paranormal experiences. Generally, I don't tend to believe in most of this stuff, but I can think of two experiences that I've had that I would classify as paranormal, because I cannot explain them in a scientific way. One of them occurred in a building that was reputedly haunted, and one occurred in my own home. (no witnesses to either, but other people reported odd stuff in that building, too)

So based on my extremely limited knowledge of the subject, I would suggest visiting places where paranormal stuff is reputed to have occurred in the past. Whatever happened once might happen again.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you do intend to go 'ghost hunting', there are few things that you ***MUST*** do to even come close to getting some kind of results:

1) Every person in the group takes along their own personal record, either electrical or written, and documents any noise they make and hear and anything they see. That way, once the trip is over you can all combine your logs to see if there is anything that doesn't add up EG: a figure that wasn't anyone on the team, a sound that isn't a result of you etc etc...

Unless you do that, there is really no point going because you will all just scare each other.

2) Take a camera, preferably video, and make sure you film even when there seems to be nothing going on. It seems that if anything paranormal will be recorded it is captured on camera and not seen in person eg. orbs, silhouettes etc

3) Pick somewhere that is likely to produce results. Just because somewhere looks scary doesn't necessarily mean it will be haunted. Check up in local records, library archives etc and pick somewhere with a violent past or known paranormal activity.

A few really simple things, but they will help. If you havn't guessed im a ghost hunter in training

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
easy get your self sum Lysergic acid diethylamide
mixit with tequilla and parra meth oxy amphetamine

watch it if ur going to take daytura

go to sum were remote and camp by your self or lock your self in a dark room with no company for 24 hours belive me you will feel probably see ghosts espically if sum one close to you in your age bracket has died maybey not see visians but sensory the mind is a beutifull playgorund

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not only should we not be discussing hallucinogenic drugs due to ATS T&C, but the OP asked for experience and not hallucinations. I believe there is a distinct difference in hallucinations and paranormal experience.

I do know this, that as human beings, we frequently see that for which we whole-heartedly look. I would recommend that you meditate on the types of experience you seek, keep an open mind, and do go to places that you have reason to believe will be active.

Keep looking and good luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
THose are all good ideas fooffstarr.
Finally, something you want to make sure of, is that anyone you bring with in genuinely intrested. If there is even the slightest chance that they will be disruptive or aren't intrested, it can cause problems fast, especially since a large part of paranormal investigation is sitting and waiting.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
^^ Good point as well. Make sure whoever you take with you is really interested, or at least skeptical but willing to keep an open mind. If they will just joke around then all they will do is ruin the experience for you.

top topics

join