It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Discovers Island Has Vanished!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalCooler

I had the references last night and managed to lose them.

It's cool - bin there, dun that. Thanks for the link.

...Many of us here acknowledge that our planet is a huge complex system composed of a variety of other complex systems.

We know that we need to look at multiple causative factors, and that the idea of identifying a single "cause and effect" is a legal concern, not a reflection of scientific reality.

That said, Welcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for that soficrow.

One of the problems with these blogs is you have two sides campaigning for their cause. A topic like this comes up and it supports one side and they all say how terrible while using the opportunity to justify their position. Fox news reported it happened, the BBC had "Scientists" saying it was the result of global warming and the Calcutta press called it like it was. The source is at least as important as the information. That's a suprise!

Then you have someone like soficrow who appears to me to be thoughtful, educated and well spoken but yet you didn't know the reference about isotopic CO2 relating to anthropogenic origin. For future reference, that information was in chaper 1, actually 1.3.1 of the IPCC Third assesment Report. It should be required reading for anyone with an opinion on either side. One look at my moniker should tell you where I stand but how do you argue against, or for something (or somewhere in between) when you haven't read the key documents. I'm not picking on anyone or casting aspersions. Just commenting on human nature.

<< 1   >>

join