It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012-The moon base+Mayan calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hi all.
I've been reading stuff about the Mayan calendar.I came to the conclusion that the year of 2012 is the beggining of some thing new.
As we all know NASA is going to send a mission to the moon around 2012 to begin construction of a base on the moon.
I was thinking could the 2 things be connected. I'd also like to know what every one thinks about this.
On a side note, the Mayans could have just stopped their calendar at 2012 because they thought their civilisation wouldn't last this long at saw no need to carry it on.
Discuss...

[edit on 24-12-2006 by SKUNK]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
regarding 2012: your assumptions are wrong. they did not stop their calendar just because they thought "hey we aint gonna be here by that time so lets just call it of".

they predicted a galtic alignemnt by 2012, wich will indeed happen.

they question may be: how could a civilization knew so much about the universe at that time? why is this galatic alignment so important ? if we don't know, how could they know?

i'm know mayan expert, but i'd say that they were in contact with extra terrestrial forms of inteligence.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"they were in contact with extra terrestrial forms of inteligence."

I must agree, Mayans were very spiritual people. We all are too, just need to explore yourself and seek the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza

It's like when you read a news paper, you'll go to the back and it will have horoscopes, on the horoscopes it will say some thing like when Jupiter and Venus are aligned blah blah blah will happen, then you get another brand of news paper and look for your horoscope and it will state some thing completely different.
The Mayans possibly knew some thing we don't. Although they did manage to know about every planet in the solar system quite some time before us-Which could possibly mean they had contact with ebe's.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Please expand here if you don't mind.
Just what is supposed to be aligned.

M74

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah, what exactly does the term "galactic alignment" mean? How would such an episode effect us?

[edit on 24-12-2006 by M74]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by M74
Yeah, what exactly does the term "galactic alignment" mean? How would such an episode effect us?

[edit on 24-12-2006 by M74]

think of the galaxy as a spinning plate. Our solar system has been riding along near the outer edge, but just below that plate. Soon, we will be even with the rim as our trajectory rises up to be exactly the same plane.

What this means is anyones guess, but I'm thinking there is likely a lot more 'stuff' floating on the same plane as the galaxy... dust, mostly.

How that impacts our sun, what it means in regard to the suns' light reaching the Earth or even if it will have an effect on the Earths' magnosphere or gravitation... I have no idea.

But it doesn't happen every leap year

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
to start,there is already a base on the moon the americans,russians,china and britain already know this, they also know about the upcomming fake invasion that is planned in the near future, yes there are aliens but once the americans recovered the bodies of aliens from the roswell crash they used dna samples to create clones which they have used as a cover up for other cover ups, these clones abduct humans to do illegal experiments on and it keeps the american governments hands clean as we all know human testing is illegal,now the origional alien race has returned to claim these clones and a war has begun and some people out there are trying to inform the human race about this, this is not our world anymore the aliens along with three other races are in control now and all our goverments have let us down with lies and betrayel, i know im not making much sence but i have to be careful they've already got close to me and im running out of time

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza

It's like when you read a news paper, you'll go to the back and it will have horoscopes, on the horoscopes it will say some thing like when Jupiter and Venus are aligned blah blah blah will happen, then you get another brand of news paper and look for your horoscope and it will state some thing completely different.
The Mayans possibly knew some thing we don't. Although they did manage to know about every planet in the solar system quite some time before us-Which could possibly mean they had contact with ebe's.

Well... the galactic alignment was probably just as good as any place to stop.

top topics

join