It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Decipher This Dream My Mother had

page: 1

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
My mother,God bless her, passed away last year, but she told me about a dream that she had when she was pregnant with me that has disturbed me for most of my adult life. I am now 29 years old.

Here was her dream:

She dreamed that she was falling down what she called a "bottomless" pit. However, while she was falling there were these horrible, hideous creatures that were reaching out and grabbing for her.

First of all, it needs to be taken into account that I am what is called a "child of the veil." It's essentially an allusion to children who are born with like a "veil," probably the placenta, over their face.

Anyway,what I want to know is whether this dream was something that concerned my mother or, perhaps, it was a portent of my of my birth and life. Were there wicked forces that were trying to keep me from being born?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:06 PM
in my opionin i really am not an expert but what kind of women was she how old was she when she died and if there creatures were grabbing her as you say then i would think that maybe even though those creatures were odd looking or scary this might be an illusion of the mind she might have seen them as demons or somthing but perhaps they are angels trying to save her from a more grusome death but im no expert but hope what i said helps

may your mother r.i.p

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:47 AM
Alien,well, my mother was 35 years old when she had me.

She always seemed to think that the dream was related to the medication that she took while pregnant.

For some reason I always related the dream to my birth. I don't know why.

However, to answer your question. She was 63 years old when she died. She had lung cancer.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
this is the soul's vision of coming to the material world. It's identical to falling into a bottomless pit where evil creatures are always trying to grab you.

What happens is the soul's memory or knowledge is removed so it is totally in ignorance and always in endless darkness, and certain beings take hold of it and hold it at the lower earth level where it lives out it's ordained life lessons before being released. The whole thing is like a nightmare compared to the higher wonderful life of the soul in its natural state.

My guardian angel often tells me she can't come to visit me because there are arms always reaching out to grab her and hold her at this lower level. She told me that yesterday again as a matter of fact. This time she showed me metal arms like terminator arms that would grab her if she came too close.

I used to always be given that dream of falling down an endless pit when I was younger, and as I was falling I was aware of all the evil beings ready to grab me from the sides. We're never actually alone at the soul level but our consciousness is placed into this void of spiritual darkness where we are held. So it's like being in an endless pit. It's often referred to as a cave in some peoples dream experiences.

It could have been a dream given to your mother by your own guardian while you were in your mother's womb. Your guardian may have been expressing her dislike of the earth realm, and created that dream to symbolize what it is like.

My guardian just reminded me that the guardians wait patiently while we are sent to the earth.

Alternatively your mother's guardian may have created the dream to symbolize the soul's journey into earth life, as a representation of your own soul that was possibly coming to the earth at that time.

So that's all it basically is I believe. The soul's journey into the spiritual void of the material creation and its bondage here for the duration of it's life lessons.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:59 PM
Well, I will say that dream interpretation is a really tough nut.

I can say with some confidence that more than likely the dream had a lot more to do with your mother and what she was going through at the time.

In Karl Jung's psyche and symbol he talks alot about personal mythology and symbology and how it relates to your dreams, if your curious I'm very sure amazon probably has a copy.

I would like to know if you were her first and/or only child? Was she a single parent? All of these things can add stress to a pregnancy. If so, the dream to me would make a lot of sense.

A thirty five year old woman in the midst of pregnancy. The pit and scary creature things could simply represent the fact that she was feeling incredibly over whelmed at the prospect of becoming a mother at 35.

The bottomless pit...and she seems to have known/sensed it was a bottomless pit could represent her feeling trapped with no way out.

Which again speaks to being over whelmed.

This should not be taken as a slight against you, or your mother having regrets about becoming pregnant and giving birth. Because in the end the dream is not one of regret, but fear of taking on all the new responsibilities and suprises that come with raising a child.

I'm sure all parents or soon to be parents go through the same thing. Will I be a good mother/father? Will my child be healthy? What will I do if they're not? What will I do if they are?

For every breath there is another question and worry about the coming of a child.

You should sort of take it as a compliment. You're mother was obviously very concerned about wanting to do the right thing and be a good mother, hence the worrying induced dream about being over whelmed.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:38 PM
Well, both spiderj and probed mentioned some things that seem to ring true..

I was the youngest of seven kids. I was my father's only child but my mother had had 6 before me. I suspect that my mother did have some fear's raising a child that late in life,as well as I am sure my father did;he was 42 years old.

Probed's interpretation seems to be the one that connects the most with what I have always suspected. I figure that somehow, my mother's consciousness merged with mine and viewed what my spirit viewed during my descension into the earth realm. I guess my question is, do all spirit's experience the same thing during there descent, or is it just certain spirit's that experience it?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:38 AM
Each guardian describes the experience in their own unique way. Some say it is like going into a dark cellar and others say a dark cave. I've met a few people who describe the endless falling down a dark hole. And there's different ways they describe the beings that they encounter here. Usually they describe them as some type of monsters. Which they are, compared to the beings in the higher realms of love.

I could be wrong with my interpretation, but I've been with my guardian for many years and she expresses the same kind of thoughts about coming into the earth realm. She's always telling me that there are 'others' here who are not so nice and to beware. I've met the others and it's true they are quite grim. Their task is to hold souls at the lower level and engage them in earth life. They use force to keep the higher beings away somewhat because they want the souls to focus on the earth world and not to be in contact with the higher spiritual beings all the time.

So I think your own or your mother's guardian was symbolically describing the terrible descent of the soul into matter and the dark beings that seek to hold it here.

I'm sorry your mother has passed on. It must be very hard for you. It is possible that her guardian is also your guardian, as that does happen in many families, and her soul may be closely connected to yours through your guardian. She could be living with the guardian and watching everything you do just like the guardian does.

Or if you have separate guardians then perhaps both of your guardians could arrange for the two of you to meet?

top topics