It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Incentive Systems for Posting and Replying?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Any information would be helpful. Thank you, especially management/moderators, in advance.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Could you be clearer? Who are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why would you need/want incentives?????

If you feel strongly or have an opinion then post,If not don't ATS is not about rewards my friend.....KUHL

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Could you be clearer? Who are you talking about?

intrepid, thank you for your reply. My purpose on ATS is to learn, and to hopefully educate a little bit. Maybe today I was feeling a little bit selfish and not selfless, but sometimes I feel posting and replying is futile (and I happen to love ATS). Three of the award systems that I know of are the WATS vote, entrance into exclusive sites, and the point system (can we transfer points from member to member based on the quality of his or her work?). How do each of these three work? Are there other incentive systems?

God Bless You and ATS.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Learning.

Contributing to others' learning.

Sharing.

Inspiring others to share.

Thinking.

Inspiring others to think.

What else could one possibly want?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

My purpose on ATS is to learn, and to hopefully educate a little bit.

I think you answered your own question.

PS: We also have staff and FSME applauses, awarded for anything at all which contributes something positive to ATS.

[edit on 2006-12-23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Learning.

Contributing to others' learning.

Sharing.

Inspiring others to share.

Thinking.

Inspiring others to think.

What else could one possibly want?

SkepticOverlord, thank you for your reply. I usually think in that manner. God Bless and Happy Holidays!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Why would you need/want incentives?????

If you feel strongly or have an opinion then post,If not don't ATS is not about rewards my friend.....KUHL

You are a bit misinformed. ATS, in fact, does reward for posting.

Clarification

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What's the incentive to post and/or reply to threads on ATS?

If we can view incentives as something of value or as a commodity of exchange, well then, it should be simply to "break it down"

The cost of reading a post? ...... Just a few minutes of your time.

The cost of thinking about
and considering what you
have read? ............................. Nothing.

Having an opinion is natural for cognizant beings.

The cost of replying? ............... Just a few more minutes of your time

(though you might want to take a few
extra minutes to express your opinion or
thoughts clearly .... you do want to get
your point across, don't you?).

The cost of participating in
an intelligent exchange of ideas
and opinion in a community
of people who are eager to
share in the exchange of
knowledge? .............................. Priceless!

Hmmmmm.....sounds as if being part of the ATS community is a pretty good deal.

[edit on 12/23/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

but sometimes I feel posting and replying is futile (and I happen to love ATS).

Just tripped over these words, it sounds like you are past your ATS honeymoon. You are married to ATS
, like the rest of us who hang in.
WIS

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have an incentive for you:

I've read and enjoyed many of your posts here on ATS.
You've posted some interesting questions that caused me to do further research and reading that added to my body of knowledge, and for that, I'm appreciative.

I consider you a valued member of our community and find your input to be very thought provoking at times.

I hope that's incentive enough for you to keep contributing to the best forums on the web.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems like only yesterday that you could acquire a few points by adding a tag at the end of the page but some clowns abused it, so alas, now adding tags only gets you a nice fuzzy feeling somewhere in your solar plexus.

I guess that, the tags weren't an actual incentive to post but it seemed like a nice thing to do and I still do it when I remember.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I have an incentive for you:

I've read and enjoyed many of your posts here on ATS.
You've posted some interesting questions that caused me to do further research and reading that added to my body of knowledge, and for that, I'm appreciative.

I consider you a valued member of our community and find your input to be very thought provoking at times.

I hope that's incentive enough for you to keep contributing to the best forums on the web.

anxietydisorder, thank you for your kind comments. You sound like a great person. The world needs more people like you!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
After reading Benevolent Tyrant's answer I have nothing to say.
She NAILED IT spot ON!

The only thing I would add is that when you write up a post and start a new thread on a subject that you are extremely knowledgeable on, assuming you covered the points of the subject completely, there isn't much for anyone to add.

When I see very good threads with very few replies I immediately understand why... There is nothing to add to something that "completes the thought", as it were.

RELAX, the "incentives" are ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
(I really mean that!)

Springer...

[edit on 12-24-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 12-26-2006 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Springer, thank you for your reply. Like you, I have noticed that when people post a "good thread" (myself included), there are very few replies. I guess it has to do with the sometimes contradictory Universe we live in.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If it's good, and it's noticed by a mod, you can get applause. That's money right there. That's the incentive, if the joy of debate and education aren't enough for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another incentive system (not that any more are needed since we are all about learning and educating, but many of us are weak human beings) might have a rating scale of 1 to 10 for repliers to judge the original poster's thread. Of course, the original poster could not judge his or her own work. The person who has the greatest number of points for the week or month for a topic receives an award and the person with the highest number of points for all topics receives a big award.

Just a thought.

This has probably already been thought of.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Incentive- as above -all previous reply's.
Ohh and this would be another reason.

M4S

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
After reading Benevolent Heretic's answer I have nothing to say.
She NAILED IT spot ON!

Oh, sorry, benevolent tyrant! I'm sure Springer meant your response! And I must agree. Once again, the confusion of our names ... :shk:

Honestly, I read your response and thought the same thing. There was no reason to respond, because you had said it perfectly!

Sorries...

GreatTech, ATS doesn't need more incentive to respond. They have more than most boards. I'm not sure why you feel there aren't enough... Are you not getting as many responses to your threads as you think you should? I'm very curious as to what has caused this feeling of shortage...

We all would like people to respond to our threads. For the number of threads that you start (quite a lot), I think you actually get a good number of responses. You can't expect every thread to be a hit.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
how about the ATS store & points?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join