It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Al Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Could someone please explain to me what Al Qaeda is, how it works, and what it's history is? I find that in this day and age the nature of our "enemy" isn't discussed enough and I would like to know and discuss just whom we're fighting.

Thank you

[edit on 23-12-2006 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
For starters see this link, more to follow;

Usama bin Laden’s al-Qaida terrorist group can be described as a loosely coupled, highly adaptive networked organization.
Al Qaida

AQ
Al Q
Al Q Sources
Finance&funding
More sources
2005 PDF on combating
Library of Congress
Meta religion notes
More

[edit on 23-12-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
For starters see this link, more to follow;

AQ
Al Q
Meta religion notes

[edit on 23-12-2006 by ADVISOR]

Good links adviser. I am curious about one issue though...

Total Members: According to an Arab security service, al-Qaida consists of 2,830 members, including 594 Egyptians, 410 Jordanians, 291 Yemenis, 255 Iraqis, 162 Syrians, 177, Algerians, 111 Sudanese, 63 Tunisians, 53 Moroccans, and 32 Palestinians.

They claim zero Saudi members? Wasn't most of the 9/11 highjackers saudi arabian? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Kind of explains Ben Ladden's assetion that he had nothing to do with 9/11. Which is odd considering they love taking claim to such atrocities. This seems to add more speculation to the conspiracy, I don't know. Something is still smelling.

AAC

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Few Sauds are "sympathetic", not necessarily AQ but interested in their cause. Of course, that is just my understanding, am not 100%, but from what I do know that is what I have been led to beleive.

Many Saudi Arabs are allied with the US, hence Binny boys critisim in March 1997.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence showing that AL Qaeda was spawned from the Nazi Third Reich.

I once wrote an article about/including it here at ATS, but a moderator trashed it, i assumed it was to sensitive for the Collaborators and Apologists.

We need to take a step back in time to the 20s and a man named Al-Banna the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, The Brotherhood and Nazis being birds of a feather jumped in bed together,Hitler had Albanna establish a Nazi spy/death network throughout Arabia.

A brotherhood Member the Mufti of Jerusalem Al-husseni (yasser arafats uncle) failed in a coup in Iraq. He fled to Germany to Organize Arab Nazi SS divisions.

Anyway without to much writing and history, AlQaeda is the direct lineal descendant of the Arab Nazis from the Muslim Brotherhood, teh Muslim Brotherhood fascists also still thrive today as well and are outlawed.

And its worth pointing out that Western nations let these Islamofascists continue to exist because at one point they where useful to us in other arenas, which in hindsight was a HUGE mistake !

[edit on 23-12-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Adviser, another good link, I have heard of these interviews but haven't read any transcripts (until now).

Well no one can argue that he is crazy, because he's not. They can't say he is a barbaric unintelligent bafoon, because they'd be wrong. This guy truly believes his position and if anyone was in his shoes they's probably feel the same way.

The only truth is that we are all being lied to. That's the only answers that makes any sense.

AAC

top topics

join