It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Council of Nicaea decided all about christian belief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
First Council of Nicaea almost 400 years after Jesus died, decided by vote what was going to be taught to the people.
That basically set the course of the Catholic church. That still rules today. It boils down to who is in power over the people.
They also decided what is in the Bible and what is left out for your own sake.
Do they not still control you with fear??

Don't go to God...confess to your priest....that's the priest's job on Earth to instruct you.

I can't go on with this...it makes me sick to my gut....what a load of %%^&$%

BTW...before you ask for proof....it's all part of recorded Roman history. You do know the Roman's kept pretty good written records....correct?
************ OR GO HERE *************

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
the bible is not real so their isnt a point to this thread

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You seem to have a date problem...........a century or two.

The Romans tried to kill all the Christians. They could not do so and merely took over the Christian movement. The Pontiffus Maximus of Rome, a worshipper of the sun(Satan) changed the day of worship from the Sabbath to SUNday.

Knowing how they are controlling your beliefs by their actions, maybe you should seek the truth of who Jesus the Messiah really is and the message that he brings.

Don't let them control you any longer........seek the TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You seem to have a date problem...........a century or two.

The Romans tried to kill all the Christians. They could not do so and merely took over the Christian movement. The Pontiffus Maximus of Rome, a worshipper of the sun(Satan) changed the day of worship from the Sabbath to SUNday.

Knowing how they are controlling your beliefs by their actions, maybe you should seek the truth of who Jesus the Messiah really is and the message that he brings.

Don't let them control you any longer........seek the TRUTH.

Ok SM, here it is, recorded history.
"But in the same year as Constantine achieved supremacy(AD 324) over the empire (and effectively over the Christian church) the Christian faith itself suffered a grave crisis. Arianism, a heresy which challenged the church's view of God (the father) and Jesus (the son), was creating a serious divide in the church.Constantine called the famous Council of Nicaea which decided the definition of the Christian deity as the Holy Trinity, God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
Had Christianity previously been unclear about its message then the Council of Nicaea (together with a later council at Constantinople in 381 AD) created a clearly defined core belief. However, the nature of its creation - a council - and the diplomatically sensitive way in defining the formula, to many suggests the creed of the Holy Trinity to be rather a political construct between theologians and politicians rather than anything achieved by divine inspiration.
It is hence often sought that the Council of Nicaea represents the Christian church becoming a more wordly institution, moving away from its innocent beginnings in its ascent to power."

Another thing about this ....pontifex maximus (a title not a persons name)

The last to hold the title of pontifex maximus under the Roman Republic were Julius Caesar (62-44 BCE) and M. Aemilius Lepidus (44-12 BCE). After Lepidus the title passed to Augustus, and henceforth the title of pontifex maximus would be a prerogative of the emperor. It remained so until the 5th century when it passed to the Pope, who have used the title ever since.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

Ok SM, here it is, recorded history.
"But in the same year as Constantine achieved supremacy(AD 324) over the empire (and effectively over the Christian church) the Christian faith itself suffered a grave crisis. Arianism, a heresy which challenged the church's view of God (the father) and Jesus (the son), was creating a serious divide in the church.Constantine called the famous Council of Nicaea which decided the definition of the Christian deity as the Holy Trinity, God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
Had Christianity previously been unclear about its message then the Council of Nicaea (together with a later council at Constantinople in 381 AD) created a clearly defined core belief. However, the nature of its creation - a council - and the diplomatically sensitive way in defining the formula, to many suggests the creed of the Holy Trinity to be rather a political construct between theologians and politicians rather than anything achieved by divine inspiration.
It is hence often sought that the Council of Nicaea represents the Christian church becoming a more wordly institution, moving away from its innocent beginnings in its ascent to power."

You said almost 400 years. 324 AD less 30 year is less than 300 years...............hence my century off comment.

Not to mention what really happened at the council of Nicea.

I am fully aware of that and Constantine was the Pontifex Maximus in question.

The last to hold the title of pontifex maximus under the Roman Republic were Julius Caesar (62-44 BCE) and M. Aemilius Lepidus (44-12 BCE). After Lepidus the title passed to Augustus, and henceforth the title of pontifex maximus would be a prerogative of the emperor. It remained so until the 5th century when it passed to the Pope, who have used the title ever since.

Hence my comment about the Roman Empire taking control of the Christian movement when they couldn't kill all the Christians.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You said almost 400 years. 324 AD less 30 year is less than 300 years...............hence my century off comment.

Not to mention what really happened at the council of Nicea.

well, so big deal...I said almost. Gezz, give a imperfect human a break what the hell difference dose it make....in 324 AD no one in that so called council
would know ANY true facts about Jesus anyway.
The whole month long meeting was to get orginized power over the masses.

I am fully aware of that and Constantine was the Pontifex Maximus in question.

Hence my comment about the Roman Empire taking control of the Christian movement when they couldn't kill all the Christians.

My opinion...Christian religion is for the sheep of the world. Power, fear and
brainwashing is not the way.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Try to be careful with your posts. You accidentally made what I posted look like your post. It looks like you know what you are talking about.

You really don't quite get it though. The masses are controlled by the religion from the deceiver. The Roman took over the Christian movement. You are being deceived in your beliefs

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Romans realized as time went on that Christianity was going to be thier biggest threat. They decided to make a church out of the state and get together enough support to do precisely that. Convert the State into a Church.

By just a bare majority of the votes they formed what today became the Roman Catholic Church after the Council of Nicea. Those who didnt follow the dictum of Rome found themselves under persecution.

The ironic thing about this whole buisness is the realization of the Church being around before the Council of Nicea is lost. So many wrongly assume the Church began at the Council of Nicea when it was no such thing. The facts are that for the Council of Nicea to be of any consequence the Church had to already be there and in existance.....from the time of the Apostles to the time of the Council of Nicea and unto today.
There were in fact Churchs which did not go along with the Council of Nicea and broke off to form their own Churchs or continue as they were before as independent Churchs just as they are doing today. These Churchs...bodys of believers are found spread out all over the world and operate independently of any major organization. They are a living independent organism..not a organization...as is Rome...or even Constantinople. They are still here today. They never followed Rome and or even Constantinople but remained independent. When even their own Churchs became disobedient as did the Hebrews in the Olde Testament...they broke off and formed new Churchs in order to keep the Faith.

They are still here..strong in Faith..and spread all across this land. They ...just as were the Hebrews .....are still a small minority surrounded by the Wildlife of this world trying to destroy or seduce them over to the world view. They are not buying into this. They remain independent.

How so many assume that the Chruch began with the Council of Nicea is a textbook study in confusion. It is textbook of the confusion in which this world specializes as if it were excellence. It is no such thing.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

First Council of Nicaea almost 400 years after Jesus died, decided by vote what was going to be taught to the people.
That basically set the course of the Catholic church. That still rules today. It boils down to who is in power over the people.
They also decided what is in the Bible and what is left out for your own sake.
Do they not still control you with fear??

Don't go to God...confess to your priest....that's the priest's job on Earth to instruct you.

I can't go on with this...it makes me sick to my gut....what a load of %%^&$%

BTW...before you ask for proof....it's all part of recorded Roman history. You do know the Roman's kept pretty good written records....correct?

en.wikipedia.org...

Hi Merky/
You are wrong in your thinking.

Now,
Jesus Christ taught his Apostles through His actions and with Parables,many teachings were by WORD of mouth and later passed down to their successors,as it was in the Old Testament......remember, nothing was changed, but only added to fullfill the Word of God.

It is not something that the Apostles and their successors just made up for fun.
All that was taught to the Apostles by Jesus Christ has been handed down to this day.....many are just too ignorant to go and learn history and see what is TRUTH for themselves,but rather choose to READ other so called 'TRUTHS' by other so called false beliefs.

The confession of going to a priest has always been around.........this is actually in the New Testament ......Jesus Christ instituted this.....although confessing to God wont hurt......it is similar to talking a problem out with a friend or having to pay someone to listen to your problems.

Constantine was not a Pontiff.
He was there to put an end to false truths .

As for the councils that were held, all of them were done in a manner that again, was instituted by Jesus Christ.....as it was also written in the New Testament in Acts.

People seem to come up with all these posts about Bashing Christianity beliefs and dont really research enough as to what is written in the Holy Bible.
helen

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Constantine was not a Pontiff.
He was there to put an end to false truths .

Helen, Constantine was a Pontiff.
The Pontiff was the High Priest in the worship of the sun who is Baal or Satan. Of course in Rome the sun god was Apollo or Sol Invictus the unconquerable sun. The Pontiff also had political power with other responsibilites. He's a list from 63 BC from WIKI. The list startS in the 750's BC.

63 BC - Gaius Julius Caesar
44 BC - Marcus Aemilius Lepidus
12 BC - Augustus
12 BC to 376 - Held by the Emperors
376 to present - Held by the Popes.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not a religion buff, but I do have a shared interest in the First Council of Nicaea.

However, posting a link to a Wikipedia site, is hardly enough to support your claims. You've allowed your opinion and emotion to cloud the facts.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Fine, that's it, I'm done.........................................................next.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Fine, that's it, I'm done.........................................................next.

Why give up? Why not work harder to prove something that you believe? Nobody is overly accepting of anything on ATS unless it is overtly supported with facts. Sometimes we look for more than a Wiki site.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Why give up? Why not work harder to prove something that you believe? Nobody is overly accepting of anything on ATS unless it is overtly supported with facts. Sometimes we look for more than a Wiki site.

OK...you want plain fact. I'm disabled with Rhumatoid Arthritis (RA), do I have to send you my medical records as proof?
This means my hands have limits in typing. I'm on the internet the better part of the day and night...........reading.
A fact to me might not be a fact to you, an interpretation of the words. Ever hear of "the more I read, the less I know."
I also try to avoid superficial, picky people like sun matrix who side steps the point by his 30 year gap complaint.

I'll ignore the rest these opinoins, but you chissler, your correct in..."Nobody is overly accepting of anything on ATS....." So what's the point to writing on this forum..............NONE.
Your assumption that I only looked up one example is wrong. I put the Wiki site cause it was easy for me and I though that covered the subject well enough. As explained above I try to make my posts right to the point.
I don't care if this covers the "facts" well enough for all....I'm done.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Indeed, I too have done some reading on this and it is sad to say that our scriptures may be have been deleted in poor choice by that council as well as economic and institutional factors at the time.

Here is some interesting reading which has added light to my life...

reluctant-messenger.com...

Read the " The Gospel of the Holy 12 " . Read the introduction.
He is along this thread of the Church shaping the scripture to meet the economic and political flavor of the times.

Whats interesting, is that this scripture, when pieces of it have been submitted from other sources, apprear to match with this particular translation.

My suggestion is to read the following:

The Aquarian Gospel of Christ
The Gospel of the Holy 12
The Lost Years of Jesus

Read with an open heart. Listen and see if you dont hear the spirit of Christs way coming through. There is nothing that will call out foul in any fashion at all.

It is an enrichment of Christs teachings, some things you have never heard him say, and different ways of describing many of his teachings that you already know...

Some things he did say, and some he didnt.

Either way, Good people know what good is...

Those who know Christ and have a hunger for his words will enjoy reading these greatly as I have.

I think you will see that institutionalized religion has backed itself into a corner and has some explaining to do.

But in the end...remember this. His message is true.

Love the Almighty God with all your heart...

And love one another as he has loved us. The result will come out the same no matter what if we ALL followed this will of his.

Peace

[edit on 24-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Your assumption that I only looked up one example is wrong. I put the Wiki site cause it was easy for me and I though that covered the subject well enough.

Ahh but you assume that I assumed. I never assumed that you only looked up one example. I merely stated that you used one as a reference to your post.

I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot with you, I do apologize if I have offended you. I do believe that you have a certain amount of knowledge pertaining to this subject. But with ATS, if it is not in the post, we can only assume to what we know and don't know.

Again, my apologies. I hope you begin to see how great this community actually is.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I find it interesting that so many "fundementalist" Christians are ready to agree that Constantine was a pagan and the Council of Nicea was a farce, but then still go on with the idea that Jesus is the same as God.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
I find it interesting that so many "fundementalist" Christians are ready to agree that Constantine was a pagan and the Council of Nicea was a farce, but then still go on with the idea that Jesus is the same as God.

I find it interesting that there are non Christians that agree that the council of Nicea was a farce with the Roman Empire taking over the Christian movement and they can't seem to grasp that it was not the Christians ordering the Crusades but the Roman Empire.

The reason Christians go on with the idea that Jesus is God, is because he is. Can a non believer grasp the fact that the Romans were trying to kill all Christians and now were in charge of the movement..................HELLO.................WAKE UP.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Look’s like merky has a problem with going to a man for confession, someone between him and God. Okay, I can agree with that. But that don’t make it just a Catholic problem either. Protestants have someone they call the pastor. Just another man with supposed spiritual authority over everyone else. I simply believe that the whole modern Church, Catholic and Protestant alike is corrupt. Why may you ask, simply because of how it came about. The modern Church is steeped in paganism. The Holiday season is a good example of this. Christ was not even born in December. If you look in the Bible you’ll discover that it was probably sometime in the early fall, around September. It just so happens that true pagans worship December 25 as the fall equinox. A celebration of the days growing longer. But before I go on, I’ll simply paste a link to a web page that says this a whole lot better than I could. www.giveshare.org... My point is that religion it self can cause problems in the relationship between man and God. We don’t need rite and ritual to gain access to God, it is as simple believing in Christ. And lets remember that the corruption of man started long before the First Council of Nicaea.

HH

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I suppose what I find more interesting is that many people are more interested in putting labels and dates on people rather then understanding the really big picture....

The message of the Bible is one of God trying to get our attention and changing our ways as a people...

His not being very happy with Israel and at times not listening...

His sending of Jesus, and Jesuses over all message and new Command of Love one another and love the Lord your God...

If you do all that you fullfill all the Laws of the prophets...

but it seems that even minus Christ, that the message of love one another that the Jews claim was theirs all along is not being practiced to its fullest extent just the the followers of Christ are not doing the same.

Do people who love one another really build tanks? Do people who love one another kill each other? While you could say Im living in a Utopian world, I assure you Im not....

When Muslim is killing Muslim as in Iraq, The Jew is killing Muslim, and the Muslim is killing the Jew,,,when the Hindus are killing each other, when Pakistan and Indya want to war with each other...
and Christians are killing Muslims and vice versa, then it appears that no faith has ahold of absolute command or control over their people.

This world in the name of money, religious pride, greed, and personal gain cant seem to correct itself, then Im asking for Divine intervention.

I had a dream...this Dec 24th...

I saw a Golden Horse fighting in the land of the Canaanites..

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join