It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN imposes sanctions on Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There has not been more released that I can find of the details around the sanctions. Iran already said to expect a reaction if the santions are placed, we'll all have to see I guess.

Link

The resolution orders all countries to ban the supply of specified materials and technology that could contribute to Iran's nuclear and missile programs. It also imposes an asset freeze on key companies and people in the country's nuclear and missile programs named on a U.N. list.

If Iran refuses to comply, the resolution warns Iran that the council will adopt further nonmilitary sanctions.

AAC

[edit on 23-12-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 23-12-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
iran wont comply witht he sanctions and they'll impose more sanctions and it'll all be a dragged out process. like iran doesnt already have what they need we gave them plenty of time to get all the technology and stuff that they need. its already been dragged out so long because of russia and china

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Stop that, or I'll say, "stop that", again.

Heres the Security Council Resolution

[edit on 12/23/06 by makeitso]

Sep

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I guess its time for Iran to hide behind her mountains of oil money.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by haringr
iran wont comply witht he sanctions

Originally posted by makeitso
Stop that, or I'll say, "stop that", again.

You both are exactly correct. Iran won't comply. They will straight out boldfaced not comply and after that they will lie about complying. At the same time, the corrupt and useless cesspool known as the UN will scream at them "stop" and then they'll say it again "stop" and again ... etc. etc. They have no moral or military authority to make anyone do anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well I don't think I've stated my opinion, but I believe Iran has the right to have nuclear technology. If their native scientist were clever enough to make it happen, then so be it.

I happen to know a lot about the Manhattan Project and General Groves was ruthless making sure he had all the people he needed to be successful, even breaking US laws by sneaking in foriegn scientists to help.

USA says, we believe they are making nuclear weapons... So? What credibility does the USA have when it comes to intelligence? Didn't they claim that Iraq had WMD's and were dead wrong?

It all comes down to two things: Either you swallow everything the USA governement says and believe that we should police the world using corruption and arrogance, or you don't.

AAC

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the US at it again
well on the bright side they had to milk the resolution down so china or Russia wouldnt veto it.

It all comes down to two things: Either you swallow everything the USA governement says and believe that we should police the world using corruption and arrogance, or you don't.

your either against us or with us comes to mind even if it means taking in the craop the US spews

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why Iran should comply?

As a part of the Non-Proliferation treaty, Iran has the unalienable right to nuclear energy for peaceful means. That right is being violated, based entirely on US claims - no proof, just claims - that Iran is going to build the world's first offensive nuclear weapon.

Meanwhile the US is selling weapons-grade fissible material to India, a non-signee, in direct violation of the treaty. We've supplied weapons technology to Israel - another non-signee - again, in direct violation of the treaty.

The US doth protest too much, to be completely honest.

top topics

join