It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hmmm soup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the soup thread.

post your favorite soup recipes here. bisques, chowders, consommes, stews, burgoos, gumbos...post em here! (except chili)

i'll post some of mine in the next day or two.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Simple to do, but great post-Thanksgiving ideas....

1. Smoked turkey soup. If you smoked a turkey for thanksgiving (we usually do at least one), all you do, is take regular cream of chicken soup....add a little bit of beef and chicken buillion, and lots of little pieces of smoked turkey. When cooked with the soup, the smoky flavor of the turkey infuses into it....and it is awesome!

2. Turkey noodle soup. Just like chicken noodle, but use tukey. You boil the turkey carcass to make a nice soup base, then remove the bones, add the turkey meat, veggies (I usually use celery, carrots, green onions, and green, red, and yellow peppers....) and egg noodles, and you're good to go!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i madea turkey soup a couple years ago that was dynamite.

i had a lot of turkey left over and threw it in a pot of chicken stock along with green beans carrots and peas.

then i made a roux to thicken it up. best turkey soup i ever had.

not long ago i made a bean soup. i used a bag of great northern beans and threw in celery, carrots (not too many though! they can over power the soup) and lots of onion. then i tossed some ham in. turned out really well but its not something you can just do in an hour, it took me about 8 hours to make this pot of soup. oh and dont forget a healthy shot of ketchup! put some right in the soup, trust me. and i always add some tabasco sauce to my bowl, goes really well with bean soup.

i've also done black eyed pea soup. done the same way. and black bean. the only exception to black eyed pea soup is you MAY want to drain some of the water off that you cooked your beans in first before adding everything else to the pot. sometimes i do and sometimes i dont, depends on my mood. and i strongly suggest NOT draining the water after cooking black beans. i dont know if it was just the bag i had but they seemed to lack the oomph i was familar with in other black bean soups. turned out well just seemed a little flat.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Making one now....
1 whole chicken: bring to a boil, reduce to low and cook 1-2 hours.

Remove chicken: let cool; debone it, shread the meat with a fork; pile on plate; return to pot along with broth, as soon as broth is strained.

Take broth and strain through a paper towel and save broth for soup; return to pot.

Can use a variety of vegetables: choice is yours.....
Currently, I am using:
2 leeks: chopped fine
1 onion: chopped fine
1 bag of shredded carrots
1 bag of frozen green beans
2 diced red potatoes
1 bag of homemade egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste.
Add water or canned chicken broth, if needed.

Cook on low for two hours +/-

Eat and enjoy.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i think a coffee filter or even a sieve would work faster than a paper towel.

(just giving a tip!)

(time for a kitchen tips thread? coming right up!)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i think a coffee filter or even a sieve would work faster than a paper towel.

(just giving a tip!)

(time for a kitchen tips thread? coming right up!)

Umm, yeah, those will work........if you have them.....I didn't....so I used a a couple paper towels and a strainer, and poured away.....clear broth going into a bowl.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Over here in Holland during the winter and we always eat pea-soup (erwtensoep a.k.a. 'snert'). It's a hot thick greenish soup with pieces of saucage in it. It's very nutricious and I love it. Most people have pancakes with sugartreacle(?) right afterwards. Snert is Delicious!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I cant make soup, but my mom makes some good Curry soup.
Spicyyyyyy
Deep

top topics

join