It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hacker Facing Extradition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Now Gary is in the hospital, and that is not good, in the middle of his appeals, he falls ill,

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
thats some crazy #

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please read
this thread about 1-liners

[edit on 16/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
This is seems closer to the truth than 70 years in prison, though regardless of the noteriety, people get hit by buses, fall in front of trains, eat bad fish, and die in other freak accidents every day.

Or strangle themselves with a hose
....right after they do a lecture on UFO's...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Now Gary is in the hospital, and that is not good, in the middle of his appeals, he falls ill,

some people who had the roswell piece and were about to do a conference on it fell ill to leukemia. another one of the govts blatant murders

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if Gary dies of a "rare" form of cancer sometime soon.
Why is he i the hospital? what made him sick?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
they say it was something with his heart, i think....

if he dies, (if they kill him) in spite of his media exposure, that just goes to prove that everything he said is true, and that he could not be left alive any longer...

he said it himself that he was being made an example to other hackers, so if he dies, thats the ultimate scare...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intheknowforawhile
The military uses strange jargon. Non-Terrestrial Officers may just mean that they are either ship or submarine... as I believe the information was gleaned from a Navy site. Many time the names are converted to codewords so as not to jeopardize to much information.

Terrestrial---of or relating to land as distinct from air or water. M-W

I very much doubt that the United states could keep something of this magnitude secret as so many support personnel would be needed.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by intheknowforawhile]

NTO sure beats the hell outta "seaman" in my book!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is interesting but I wish he was more credible not some jobless uneducated pothead

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Shockingly I think that the extradition is a fore gone conclusion. As if the British Government has the balls not to put maximum pressure of the judges in this case.

We all believe that judges are fair and will do what is right. Guess again. Sad as I find it, and boy, I wish to be proven wrong on this, if we extradited 2 bankers to face trial in the US, Gary stands little hope.

Currently, the UK is a lacky of the US Government. They say, we do.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
whether gary gets taken to america or not, his life is f**ked. these guys don't mess around.

how long will this process take.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just watched the whole thing. How convenient that he didnt print anything or save any info or pics. You would think that a half intelligent person who had access to this stuff for 2 freaking years would save or print a thing or two! He also doesnt remember anything of significance. No names no nothing. Also this pro hacker had a 56K modem! Wow a computer geek has the slowest possible internet. Ya this story really adds up... ///

[edit on 16-2-2007 by surf911]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
its kinda scary to think the government's computer security is so weak and using windows of all systems lol....the most insecure, unstable, and exploited os in the world. i always figured nasa, dod, military, etc would be on unix systems. and to use something as simple as a perl script to scan for blank passwords. i bet alot of black hat hackers from russia, france, and china are licking thier chomps right now. im sure the fed is making sure they nail him, theyre still pissed about the whole keven mitnick deal, they wanted to send him away for life. the only thing i really questioned is about the images he said he viewd but wasnt able to save them, we all know if you're viewing an image from the net on your computer its already downloaded into your system and being held in ram, why he couldnt save it or at least printscreen doesnt make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
While I surely agree with your sentiment I wonder if the possibility exists that he had too much "fame" before they could get rid of him? That is the ONLY thing that will keep you alive if your ticket is punched.

Fame or not, the info he has is not verifiable by the 'public'. So even if true, it is easy for the government to dismiss it as fake. I'm sure only a few people would have this info if real. But heh, everything could happen on his way to the states. Planes can still crash.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
For a free country, america sure likes to accuse and jail people, its domination of the skies is certainly oddly fitting with something ive read, about a prince of the air and destruction etc..

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by radioactive_liquid
the only thing i really questioned is about the images he said he viewd but wasnt able to save them, we all know if you're viewing an image from the net on your computer its already downloaded into your system and being held in ram, why he couldnt save it or at least printscreen doesnt make sense to me.

Apparently he was using PC anywhere, which had a java based interface - meaning the images he viewed were never downloaded to his local machine.

He was actually asked in an interview why he didn't use print screen and his answer was that he forgot he could do it.

I presume he was high at the time - while hacking I mean, not during the interview.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by not_fazed]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Gary didn't do any real hacking at all he used off the shelf software something like PC anywhere or whatever it's called now. He was able to access all new computers without passwords set up.

Damage computers, what BS, and how do you breach security when there is none to begin with?
interestingly he claims that there were others from all over the world also logging in.
He was inspired from witness testimony from the discolsure project can't remember which witness but he basically followed his/her directions which building etc... even the raw and edited file categories were there as the witness had claimed.
I think we should support Gary, highlight his case. Imagine if they had to explain what gary saw in court.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by squiz]
Poor Gary. He was just an adventurer exploring a new world (the internet). It's nothing that I wouldn't have tried if I had the know-how. I think all the worry of this is making him ill. I sincerely hope he just gets a job out of this and isn't sent over to "fry" as he was told would happen when he's handed over. I think it's ridiculous that the British government is simply going to hand him over to the US anyway. He should be tried in this country and as far as I'm concerned it's a knuckle-rapping he should get and nothing else. There are hundreds of hackers doing worse than him. Some have even been caught for worse and let go. I think Gary may still have some information and someone wants it out of him, (because they're also in the dark).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join