It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hacker Facing Extradition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
(Note to the people interested in "UFOs" - Gary claims to have seen possible evidence of "supressed technology", which does not have to be "alien" in origin.)

"Gary McKinnon has been accused of committing the 'biggest military computer hack of all time', and if extradited to the US faces up to 70 years in jail. So how did this techno geek from north London end up cracking open the Pentagon and Nasa's systems? He talks exclusively to Jon Ronson as he awaits his fate "

The most interesting part:

What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."
www.guardian.co.uk...
GOOGLE VIDEO INTERVIEW:
video.google.com...
The guys own webpage, seeing as the extradition hearing's coming up soonish, which might see him being taken from the UK to the US to stand trial:
freegary.org.uk...

Link to BBC CLICK ONLINE INTERVIEW:
p10.hostin gprod.com

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
very interesting!

[edit on 12/23/06 by dOmeshoT]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Non terrestrial officers in an offplanet fleet...

Sometimes you get those clear moments when you realize that disclosure is practically impossible.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People sure dont like to use their heads when it comes to conspiracies.. especially when it comes to extra-terrestrial conspiracies..

If this guy had information that would destroy our way of life, would we ever know anything about it? If this guy had uncovered secrets of this nature, would the United States Government really concern itself with international protocol or would they simply eliminate him?

My vote is for silent assassination.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
While I surely agree with your sentiment I wonder if the possibility exists that he had too much "fame" before they could get rid of him? That is the ONLY thing that will keep you alive if your ticket is punched.

IF this kid had a big enough internet/media story swirling around him it would be much easier to scoff his remarks off as the fantasy of someone about to go to jail for very long time. To take him out with the spotlight on him is a much riskier venture than public ridicule. Besides 98% of the people are never going to believe his story anyway. Whats the harm?

He's more than likely going to be offered a job rather than rot in prison.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
People sure dont like to use their heads when it comes to conspiracies.. especially when it comes to extra-terrestrial conspiracies..

If this guy had information that would destroy our way of life, would we ever know anything about it? If this guy had uncovered secrets of this nature, would the United States Government really concern itself with international protocol or would they simply eliminate him?

My vote is for silent assassination.

------------
edit: to Springer: GAry is not getting offered a job until he's done 70-100 years in jail......LOL
even though it's not funny

[edit on 24-12-2006 by SKUNK]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Do you know what I think when I read something like all this? I trully believe that we common persons don't know a *** of anything. Non-terrestial officers... once more, what I believe about this: we don't have NASA and similar organizations like the elite of space exploration. Not even close. I'm so convinced of that.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have got Garys website here. www.freegary.org.uk
I hope you find it interesting

Damn link wont work LOL you'll have to copy and paste.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by SKUNK]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

This is seems closer to the truth than 70 years in prison, though regardless of the noteriety, people get hit by buses, fall in front of trains, eat bad fish, and die in other freak accidents every day.

If I had the power of the US government, and someone had information that could damage the world, regardless of the fame.. this guy would be found in his bed with the TV on and choking on a figroll. Luckily for all of us, the United States Government isn't as ruthless as friendly ol' Hank.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Interesting case, to be sure.

I went so the Free Gary website. Some of the links on that page were very interesting also. Including a list of Government IP addresses that were blacked out of a PDF file.

What can one do with just a IP address? Much less a list of them.

I AM computer illiterate in many aspects, I will admit. (I'm lucky to turn it on some days
)

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Gary didn't do any real hacking at all he used off the shelf software something like PC anywhere or whatever it's called now. He was able to access all new computers without passwords set up.

Damage computers, what BS, and how do you breach security when there is none to begin with?
interestingly he claims that there were others from all over the world also logging in.
He was inspired from witness testimony from the discolsure project can't remember which witness but he basically followed his/her directions which building etc... even the raw and edited file categories were there as the witness had claimed.
I think we should support Gary, highlight his case. Imagine if they had to explain what gary saw in court.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by squiz]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ok heres what is going to happen.

Gary is going to be convicted of some stupid computer law. If he has information of THAT sensitive of a nature. The government is going to wait untill the media exposure dies down then Gary is a dead duck. Americans are notorious for their short term memory. If it isnt bombarded in front of them daily by the big talking box then they don't care. They are going to wait till its Gary who? Then bye bye Gary.

If Gary only hacked into a government computer network and didnt realy find out anything "alien" and just found mundane computer data classified or not. Then Gary is going to spend a long time getting to know his new cell mate bubba in a real friendly way.

One question I don't know but isnt it true that ships in government classified computers given diffrent names just for this contingency? I mean if an enemy had knowledge of which ship is where then it would make it an easy target.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
While I surely agree with your sentiment I wonder if the possibility exists that he had too much "fame" before they could get rid of him? That is the ONLY thing that will keep you alive if your ticket is punched.

IF this kid had a big enough internet/media story swirling around him it would be much easier to scoff his remarks off as the fantasy of someone about to go to jail for very long time. To take him out with the spotlight on him is a much riskier venture than public ridicule. Besides 98% of the people are never going to believe his story anyway. Whats the harm?

Springer...
i was thinkin the excact thing

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Can't you all see Gary is a Hybrid under direct control of the Draconians, you can this by the facial structure almost insect like

His real crime is spying for the Aliens and you cant do that and not be considered a traitor.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I don't understand if you're smart enough to hack into the Pentagon, then shouldn't you be smart enough to not get caught, and do it away from home? There's got to be some sort of court transcripts or documents filing for his extradition... I'd like to read up on them. Surprised I haven't seen this in the news, if it is the "biggest military hack of all time." Anywyays I'd like to find out more about this. Nice one.

btw that part about non-terrestrials kinda freaked me out. why would they want to work here?

damn one more thing... Is it just me, or does Gary look like a grey, typical alien to you? Tooootally. he's one of THEM!

[edit on 25-12-2006 by The Nacum]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Nacum
I don't understand if you're smart enough to hack into the Pentagon, then shouldn't you be smart enough to not get caught, and do it away from home? There's got to be some sort of court transcripts or documents filing for his extradition... I'd like to read up on them. Surprised I haven't seen this in the news, if it is the "biggest military hack of all time." Anywyays I'd like to find out more about this. Nice one.

As some people have pointed out already, you don't have to be a computer mastermind to hack into these computers. They are mostly using brute force techniques to look for security holes like standard passwords not changed, patches to known holes not applied, etc etc. You can get software off the internett that scans for all these known weaknesses automatically. The rest is pure patience and perserverance (spelling?)...

The problem with Gary though, is that he admits being stoned out of his mind most of the time that he was doing this, so he doesn't really remember all that much... Obviously he has to have some computer skills to do this, so he would know how to download files off these computers. Where are these files? In this day and age, if you were to find sensitive information like this, you can simply spread it using decentralized p2p software like BitTorrent and not even the CIA or NSA could stop it. It would be on millions of computers within days. All he would need to do was send it to a couple of friends to seed for the first few days just in case special forces come knocking on his door before anyone has downloaded it.

Just look at what happened to ThePiratBay in sweden. They confiscated the servers and shut down the whole site, but it was up and running again in a few days, this time spread across multiple servers in multiple countries. The files themselves are not on these servers, just the meta-data, so in order to stop a file being spread this way they would have to confiscate every computer connected to the internett in the whole world. And I think we can all agree that goes beyond the capability and juristriction of even the CIA

In conclusion, he was either too stupid to save and spread this information, or he is full of BS...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You betcha... Why kill someone when you can:
1. Take advantage of their talent
2. Ensure their loyalty (job or jail pal)
3. Quietly take them out of the spotlight voluntarily....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
latest news:

freegary.org.uk...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Berner]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Non terrestrial officers in an offplanet fleet...

Sometimes you get those clear moments when you realize that disclosure is practically impossible.

lol i was thinking that non-terrestrial could mean on a space shuttle also perhaps nothing to do with aliens

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The military uses strange jargon. Non-Terrestrial Officers may just mean that they are either ship or submarine... as I believe the information was gleaned from a Navy site. Many time the names are converted to codewords so as not to jeopardize to much information.

Terrestrial---of or relating to land as distinct from air or water. M-W

I very much doubt that the United states could keep something of this magnitude secret as so many support personnel would be needed.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by intheknowforawhile]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join