It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for rising sea levels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ok just a thought, As most of you know due to the affects of global warming sea levels are rising more and more and will continue to do so as long as man kind are pumping carbon monoxide into the earths atmosphere.

The knock on affect is Earth is warming up faster and faster causing the ice caps melting away at an increasing speed. Now if most of these ice caps melt we have a very big problem that will cause a massive shift in Earths climate as well as the sea levels rising at a deadly pace.

My idea is to pump water out of the sea and store it in huge water silos placed around the world. This will balance the way the sea levels rise, Ok this would be a massive task as it would be a whole lot of water but it would stop the sea levels rising.

Would be a much easier task if the silos were placed on land near to where the ice caps are melting.

To me it seems there is a lot more the people in charge could be doing about global warming' But its us who have to cut back on things what good is an energy saving bulb or buying an electric car when these multi billion company are pumping carbon monoxide faster than a entire city.

Maybe its because we have passed the point of no return and the fat cats are just making there money before they hit there Bunkers.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by psycho81]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So the answer is to use up trillions of tons of mineral resources, trillions of watts of electricty, billions of man hours and then levy enormous taxes on all the people that will make most of them virtual slaves? (note: the world has a hard time just feeding all the people.)

I think you better do the math on how much storage it will take to lower the sea just one centimeter. Then figure how how you're going to pay for it.

Ocean Area = 335,258,000 sq km
1 cubic kilometer = 1,000,000,000,000 liters

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

join