It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Washington Greatest American Ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Or at least one of them? In my opinion he was, I think he was by far one of THE most moral presidents we have ever had, and he set a precidence for our democracy that none should forget. (Stepping down from power without a fight, even when he was nearly made king by the public).

He also said famous words which apply directly to today, and our current foreign policies.

"Foriegn policy will be the death of this nation."

I'm just curious what you all think, and what other information you all may have about this man. I'm interested in hearing your opinions, and feel free to relate some of the advice he gave us then, to today, we could learn much from George Washington.

I feel if only we'd learn more from him we could set our country back on track, so any thoughts?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well no fun, does no one have any thoughts or information or "conspiracies" about our "Greatest" President? Anyone?

I'll get the ball rolling
I read in some "anti-freemasonry" article (not sure where though) that George Washington was killed by the Freemasons, because he was supposedly killed by his doctors, who were freemasons...any thoughts on that even? Surely someone has something to say about him, IT IS GEORGE WASHINGTON FOR PETE'S SAKE

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 07:51 PM
link   
well i do agree with you
he brought a new born country and helped it grow and stand on it's own to feet
and he also set precedents for future presidents like for example
the 2 term rule
or the cabinet

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:44 PM
link   
was george washington part of a secret society?

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well he was a Master Freemason, and unlike some claim he was actively involved with them....He was the master of Alexandria Lodge and had a close relationship with General Lafeyette (another mason) whose wife gave him a silk embroidered apron, which is VERY beautiful to behold.

Hm I believe he was made a Mason in 1758 in case you are interested.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yes, I know Washington was a mason and that he died from his doctors bleeding him dry. I heard somewhere that towards the end he didn't want to go along with the masonic agenda or whatever so they killed him.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If Washington was the greatest -heaven help the rest.
Losing New York to the British only surpassed by the loss of Washington to the British while Madison and Congress scurried away as fast as their legs could carry them.
In any case, he was British for 44 years and American for only 23, so I don't think he counts (couldn't stand for President to-day!)

Benedict Arnold -now there's your man.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 08:52 AM
link   
..I wonder what Washington would have made of GWB, and vise versa.
Or what Washington would have thought of the USA 203 years after he died.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 09:03 AM
link   
...naturally: who wasn't (of his education and social status and political persuasions, at that time?) - US banknote subtle clue.
His death -old wives' tale about bloodletting -that was how everyone was treated then and, no doubt, -2 centuries from now, if anything still exists - much of our medical "knowledge" will seem murderously primitive.

As is well known he almost certainly died of acute epiglottitis: here is just one of the approximately 2.7 trillion web-sites on which this dark secret is made available to all who can read.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 12:28 PM
link   
LINCOLN! He not only born American, was always American, but he made America!

Without him the USA would be nothing. It be USA and CSA without him.

We didn't have to fight the war. We could have let south go. He didn't.

Who need Washington. He was a ok general. President? Bush does better.

George was probably good, seeing that he was first. But of all time? Lincoln.

Then maybe the pres elected four terms. If he wasn't good, wouldn't get elected.

And, main thing. Good presidents get shot by NWO for being to good.

Why else? A good pres helps the people, the NWO don't want that.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Actually Estragon, your comment about him "being a mason, everyone of his education and social background..." is a bit erroneous. One must remember that George Washington was not very educated, in fact I don't believe he got any form of schooling, that would amount to as much as a 4th grader.

As for lincoln, different times my good man, and unlike Washington Lincoln did not set any moral standards. Afterall Lincoln said, "If freeing the slaves would save the union, then I'd do it, and if NOT freeing the slaves would save the union, then I'd also do that."

It wasn't until after the battle of Antietem that he became firmly confident that he could win with an unconditional surrender, which meant the ability to abolish slavery.

But I started this thread, to discuss George Washington, mainly not because of his poor accomplishments as a general, or his presidency, but because of his MORALS. I believe that ALL politicians should strive to be more like him.

He is literally, the living incarnation in our times, of that Roman whom was the first to be called to be a Dictator, when the barbs crossed the Po...and so he left his till and led rome to victory, and he still had some months left by law to be dictator, but rather, he stepped down, and said his place was in the feilds. George Washington set that same precident, and like the Romans before us, we are forgetting that precident. How much longer until america is beyond hope?

We must look to people like George Washington, and Lincoln *looks at James* for a return of moral guidance.

Hmm his being a mason severely helped in that, though at the time EVERYONE was more or less moral compared to today

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How much longer until america is beyond hope?

We must look to people like George Washington, and Lincoln *looks at James* for a return of moral guidance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I would tell you America is already beyond hope, but that would be a lie as long as this American still draws breath.

[Edited on 28-3-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's a lie as long as any Mason draws breath too. We above all else remember George Washington, and how important a man he is.

new topics

top topics

join