It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eyes of God? (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
A hundred and fifty year old painting of Christ has surfaced in the Czech republic that has caused a stir among the population there. It would seem that people can view the painting and see Christ's eyes as being closed and the next moment they can see Christ's eyes as being open.

Indeed, if you do look at the video and view the painting, it does actually appear as if Christ's eyes are closed and, when viewed, they appear open.

I would probably be the first to say that this painting is nothing more than an optical illusion (an easily explained one at that) but, nevertheless, the effect can be rather eerie. All that I can say is that the original artist certainly had a keen understanding of the mechanism the human brain uses to complete partial images with retinal memories.

Illusion or not, an interesting painting that probably caused a similar stir amongst 'believers' when it was first unveiled 150 years ago.

The Eyes of God?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This does look funny, one minute they're look open and they close. Too be honest though when I look hard enough they only look closed.

Ex

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I found that picture most interesting .
So, I took it and lightened it up a little to see
the technique the artist used.
Beautiful.......Beautiful
Thank You for posting that!

new topics

join