It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Orders Iran to pay 254 Million Dollars !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Im not sure they will get the Islamofascist Goverment of Iran to pay up for Murdering these US soldiers, but they can but try !!

HERE

WASHINGTON, Dec 22 (Reuters) - A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered the Islamic Republic of Iran to pay $254 million to the family of 17 U.S. servicemen killed in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers residence at a U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia.

Seen as Iran is behind alot of Murders happening in Iraq as we speak perhaps we will see alot more lawsuits in Future Years ?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Im not sure they will get the Islamofascist Goverment of Iran to pay up for Murdering these US soldiers, but they can but try !!

Tell me, who is gonna pay for half a million killings in Iraq?
Tell me now, I gotta know.

This is an answer to a post of NumberCrunchers about a court ruling ordering Iran to compensate soldiers.

PS For some reasons... hmm, maybe... she's put on a global ignore. Or is it just me who can't see her islamophobic spewing?

But when you reply you get it in the topic review.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Tell me, who is gonna pay for half a million killings in Iraq?
Tell me now, I gotta know.

This is an answer to a post of NumberCrunchers about a court ruling ordering Iran to compensate soldiers.

PS For some reasons... hmm, maybe... she's put on a global ignore. Or is it just me who can't see her islamophobic spewing?

But when you reply you get it in the topic review.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by khunmoon]

LOL!!!
I think George W. Bush & Dick Cheney should pay for this. This stupid war was their idea. How is Iran responsible for US soldiers being killed while on this Quest For Oil?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This thread doesn't make much sense. Could you link to the original thread your talking about? Maybe a link to the court order. I haven't heard of this.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yeah shes gone i cant see any of here posts
(funny....who she piss off?)

but why on earth should any country pay(monitarily) for the deaths that ocurr during a war???????

its stupid things like this that make me lose faith in ppl. its like the guy suing nintendo for not telling him he shouldnt let go of his contrller during play....

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
This thread doesn't make much sense. Could you link to the original thread your talking about? Maybe a link to the court order. I haven't heard of this.

If you go to google news its all over the place. Its a ruling regarding the Khobar towers attack.

Pie

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 12/23/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here's the story since the original post isn't visible:

Iran ruled liable for 96 terror bombing

WASHINGTON -- The Iranian government financed a 1996 terrorist attack that killed 19 Americans in Saudi Arabia and must pay $254 million to the victims' families, a federal judge ruled yesterday.

The ruling by US District Judge Royce C. Lamberth allows families of the victims of the Khobar Towers bombing to seek their compensation from assets that have been seized from the conservative Islamic regime in Tehran.

On June 25, 1996, a truck bomb exploded in a military housing area known as the Khobar Towers dormitory near Dhahran. US authorities have long alleged that the bombing was carried out by a Saudi wing of the militant group Hezbollah, which receives support from Iran and Syria.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I doubt the plaintiffs will get any money anytime soon though, Iran isn't going to write a check and it appears all Iranian assets seized by the U.S. have already been distributed to others suing them.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

OK .....

Poelpe aer syaign tehy cnat raed my ptsos!

Terehs a Cpiraconsy aaingst NC

I hvae Imationforn.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hrm.

Interesting timing to say the least.
Why, exactly, did it take 10 years to pass this verdict?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Hrm.

Interesting timing to say the least.
Why, exactly, did it take 10 years to pass this verdict?

Dunno why but maybe it had something to do with the Israelis getting their hands on most of the money first, then even trying to get Iranian antiquity thats been on loan to colleges and auctioning that stuff off. I believe that it was overturned luckily but I guess even though their attacks came later they got their monies first. Amazing how when people are wrongfully murdered at the hands of IDF soldiers they get a paltry 10,000 or so and everyone else is liable for hundreds of millions.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you dont even have evidence or a link to back up yor claim, nice try though.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
you dont even have evidence or a link to back up yor claim, nice try though.

I don't know if you are talking to me or not but heres a link since I guess you may or may not know how to use google. Its not a new story. Its been posted here but the search function is not so hot.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
yea where is my 254 million dollars for having to put up with this stupid war day in and day out. I am not even in iraq but this garbage is wearing thin. How about a class action lawsuit to the government to stop the war. and pay each and every person in america for pain and suffering.

Course that would totaly kill the economy but it would be funny. ( I find sick humor in things )

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Gotta say I'm with the Iranians on this one, although I've only looked at the Far News Agency report (which itself states the tablets were smuggled into the US & then later says there was at least an understanding between Iran & the university, so why smuggle them in?) & there doesn't really seem to be any reason for the university to legally have the tablets still. There's no dispute of ownership.

Anywho the bigger question is does that mean the American government is going to pay innocent victims of their 3rd party backed military campaigns?

I seriously doubt it. This is just an exercise in nipple pinching by them, they just want to piss of the Iranians, they don't particularly care about the families of the victims of the tower bombing.

new topics

top topics

join