It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nasa wont put price tag on moon base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- It will be cheaper to build a permanent moon base and keep it running, than it will be to get to the moon. Just do not ask how much, NASA's boss says.

The U.S. space agency's newly unveiled grand plan for a continually staffed lunar outpost starting around 2024 does not come with a similarly grand price tag. It does not come with a price tag at all.

"You ask what things will cost, I don't know yet," said NASA Administrator Michael Griffin, a detail-oriented engineer. "We just rolled out a very preliminary architecture."

www.cnn.com...

18 more years to go and appearently we will be more hearing and seeing more of this "moon base theory"

its nice to see nasa is actually SERIOUSE with this moon base stuff eh?

[edit on 23-12-2006 by conspiracymaster]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Of course they cant say an exact price. It takes a long to calculate how much you can steal from the American peoples tax money before someone starts to get suspicious.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't blame them for not stating a price. I cannot even imagine how much it will cost. I am sure though that other countries will contribute.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
come on folks, theyre still in the planning stages for something that wont even be started until the next decade. give them a chance to get all their ducks in a row.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There's no point for them to throw around a price tag yet...since it would just be a speculative price tag anyway.

Nasa doesn't steal from the tax payers.

I would expect a very high price tag though. somewhere around 500 billion.

I like Nasa's current plan, on getting their by 2020, and by 2024 we will have a permanent moon base.........its about time.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They were even more serious about it back in the 60's when Project Horizon was conceived, but when we didn't have to worry about a race with the Soviets anymore, that all went on the back-burner.

We knew exactly what we needed, and what to do back then, and that has only gotten better.

However, I'm thinking that we'll need to find ways to capitalize a moon base (i.e. make it profitable), before it's a go. Whether mining, manufacturing, space launches, etc. I'm thinking there'll need to be corporate vs. scientific reasons before this is a go.

new topics

top topics

join