It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

partying at your friends house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My very close family friend went on vacation to europe he wont be back for a couple of weeks. Last night me and some of my other friends got a bunch of stuff to party with like booze...thats all i am gonna say. Anyway do you guys think that i should party at his house, i mean he left me the key, my parents will be home all break and i really just wanna party.

Have any of you ever done or thought about doing something like this. how did it end up?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
hehe.

Ok, I don't know you or your friends, but take it from me, ya prolly shouldn't do it, cause you think you can clean it up but when it comes time it will not look right to them.

it comes down to you.

is the risk worth it?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Go all out.

1). Take pictures of everything in the room your going to be in and make sure access to other rooms are limited so there is minimal cleaning.

2). Watch out for stains or breakage on furniture, limit long distance calls and calls to the house in case of caller id.

3). Make sure your friends don't steal anything.

4). Or decide to do the right thing and not party in his house at all and maybe earn some trust from him so in the future you end up partying with him.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Do it only if you can rely on your friends to not go crazy, invite a bunch of other people, not help clean up etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, I would think of it this way...

Suppose you were the one on vacation, and entrusted the keys to someone else.

After you come back, things don't seem "right". Find something missing or broken, how would you feel towards the person you gave your keys to, to look after your house?

It all depends really on you, yourself. Would you feel comfortable in that position? Can you take responsibility if things go wrong during your partying?

I wouldn't do it, personally. But everyone sees things differently.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If is it a small party then I say go for it, but don't make it a huge one. Believe me I threw a big shaker when I was younger at my parents house. They left on a vacation for the weekend, and lets just say more then a few close friends showed up. Things were stolen, broken. There were beer bottles smashed all over the driveway. The house was a disaster. I figure there were at least 50 people who showed up. Needless to say since then I have always been careful as to who to invite to my parties.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How's the basement?

Clean out a section of the basement, bring some chairs, and a stereo or something down there, and go all out. There's not much damage you can do in the basement. Unless it's a furnished basement, in that case, don't do it.

It's one thing to throw a party when your parents are away, because it's your house, and it's your parents. With someone else's stuff, you can get into some deep trouble, not only with the friend, and friend's parents, but also with the Police if any real damage or loss occurs.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice, yea i no if he was there he would do the same thing and throw a party. Also its only a couple of freinds possibly 10 in all ,just gonna drink and stuff. I am deffinetly going to make sure stuff doesnt get stolen and things broken. All in all i think i only got to worry about people throwing up. but i think most of the time we gonna spend the drinking and other stuff in the backyard, then slowly make it to the basement...if we can.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
screw it man party drink booze do whatever you want man

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Do you think he will mind? If so, don't do it.

If you know that he wouldn't mind, then give him a call and ask him if you can chuck a party at his place and tell him that you'll take all responsiblity for anything broken or stolen.

Personally, I wouldn't do that to a mate without consent. It's a bit sneaky. If he ever found out, he probably wouldn't give you the keys again. Friendships are built around trust. I guess it all depends on how much you admire him as a friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I dunno, sounds like Risky Business to me.

Turn the tables, and how would you feel if it were YOUR house?

[edit on 24-12-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
lets just say the night wasnt as good as we thought it would be, but playing xbox 360,playstation,wii, and watching hi deff tv while intoxicated with certain substances was preaty fun. Also there was the ocasional paranoia that someone came home loooooooooool...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
lets just say the night wasnt as good as we thought it would be, but playing xbox 360,playstation,wii, and watching hi deff tv while intoxicated with certain substances was preaty fun.

That's pretty much what it is to be an adult with your own house. Just because there's no supervision doesn't mean complete anarchy and crazyness.

And from the video games and TV, I'm gonna say there weren't too many chix at this shindig. That's cool though

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
nah there were some girls that dropped by, just some freinds no one i would really bang.

new topics

top topics

join