It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alber Pike and Lucifer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Albert Pike was a student of world religions, world civilizations, and philosophies. He had a voracious mind that constantly sought new knowledge. His personal library, preserved today in the Scottish Rite's House of the Temple in Washington, DC. was enormous in its scope. Morals and Dogma is literally a text book in comparative religious studies. In it, he explains what ancient and foreign cultures have believed and how it affected their religion.

Buried in the book is a sentence that has been quoted time and time again as proof that Albert Pike was a Satanist and that he wrote secret Satan worship into the degrees of the Scottish Rite. It says, "Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!"

Go ahead, say it. A-ha! There is is! Satan worship, just as plain as day! Because everybody knows that Lucifer is Satan. There is, however a problem flogging Pike over talking about Lucifer, and it got lost in translation.

Lucifer shows up in the old testament in Isaiah 14:12: "How are thou fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" Thats the only reference to Lucifer in the King James bible, and it is a Latin name, not a Hebrew one.

The poetic King James Version of the holy bible was translated and published in 1611. It was translated into English not from the original Hebrew text but from the Catholic Vulgate Latin texts that had been authorized by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Unfortunately, not starting with the original Hebrew texts created a few translation problems.

According to biblical scholars, the original text of the 14th chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king who had persecuted the Israelites. Satan is never mentioned in the chapter, by name or by inference about him. In, fact if you read all of Isaiah 14, and not just the one selected sentence, you'll see that he clearly refers to the subject of his wittings as an evil king, and most defiantly a man. The Hebrew texts referred to the king by his ceremonial title, Helal, son of Shahar, which is translated to mean, "Day Star, son of the Dawn."

In Latin, Lucifer is the name given by Roman astronomers to the Morning Star, the bright planet seen in the dawn sky. We know it as Venus. Lucifer actually comes from the Latin term lucem ferre, meaning "the bearer of light," sun. The symbolism was that the star called Lucifer was the herald that announced the arrival of the sun in the morning.

Unfortunately, St. Jerome mistranslated the king's flowery title "Day Star, son of the Dawn," into the Roman word Lucifer. Lucifer the morning star was translated by the error in translation by careless readers into a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Jerome misunderstood that the term was actually describing the king's position as a Day Star, and that he had fallen from it. instead, it remained and appears to be a name, not a state of being.

We have John Milton's 1667 book of paradise Lost to thank for bringing Lucifer in the Western mind as a proper name for Satan. Theologians, writers, poets, and the occasional mystic have compounded the error far beyond anything in the single reference in Isaiah, and Lucifer has become just another moniker for Satan, the devil, and paradoxically, the prince of Darkness.

Just as a side not, the New English Bible translates Isaiah 14:12 as: "How you have fallen from heaven, bright morning star..." Lucifer is nowhere to be found. And to get really obscure, the original Latin Vulgate texts used the term Lucifer many times to describe the Morning Star, or the "bearer of light."

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No matter what your Sunday-school teacher told you, no matter what they told you at a vacation bible school, no matter what Milton wrote in paradise Lost, the Lucifer referred to in Isaiah 14 - the only reference to Lucifer in the King James Bible - is not Satan.

Okay, so this Lucifer stuff is so obscure, why did Pike put it in his book, knowing full well that most Christians believe that Lucifer is Satan anyway? As Pike's passage goes on, he is plainly saying how odd it is that the Prince of Darkness is called by that name that means "bearer of light". Again Morals and Dogma is a massive book that is very concerned with tracing where cultural and religious ideas came from. Pike was trying to tell a rough, and not especially well-educated, population to search for the origins of customs and rituals, because he truly felt that a deeper understanding of what came before made a man more religious and contemplative.

And honestly there was a certain amount of intellectual showing off going on too. If there wasn't, his book would be about one-third of its length and weight.

Just so you know, the terms Lucifer, and Luciferian do not appear in any recognized ritual or lecture of Freemasonry, including the Scottish Rite rituals written by Albert Pike. He was a devout Christian, and his own beliefs would certainly classify him today in the born-again category of Christianity - the very people who frequently accuse him of being a Satan worshiper.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So you're basically saying that Pike didn't worship Lucifer, but he instead worshipped Nebuchadnezzar, of whom the passage was written?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Look at what your saying...there is no such thing as Lucifer, its Satan, his name was never Lucifer. And no, im not saying that he worshipped Nebachenizzer...where in that entire post did I say he worshipped anything but God? (In christianity)

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have read a few of Pike's qoutes. I don't think he was a christian. I agree with what southern_cross3.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Andy Warhol]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You can't read a few quotes from a 900+ page book and pretend to understand what he was talking about. Especially a philosophical work that is about the history and the linkings of different cultures and religions. Maybe you should do some more research.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sure you can. That's like saying I have to watch the whole Michael Richards video to understand that he's a racist fool. A few qoutes can say much about a person. I still find it hard to believe this guy was a christian.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
Sure you can. That's like saying I have to watch the whole Michael Richards video to understand that he's a racist fool. A few qoutes can say much about a person.

No Andy, you can NOT read a few quotes from Morals & Dogma and understand Pike. Because not all you're reading was written BY Pike.

Pike quoted tons and tons of passages (without giving much credit to the orig. authors) in M&D.

From the Preface to Morals & Dogma:

"In preparing this work, the Grand Commander [Pike] has been about equally Author and Compiler; since he has extracted quite half its contents from the works of the best writers and most philosophic or eloquent thinkers. Perhaps it would have been better and more acceptable if he had extracted more and written less."

Also, the book was written for members of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (Southern Jurisdiction, USA) and not for ANY other Scottish Rite body OR for non-Masons. By that I mean it's lectures pertain ONLY to the Degrees of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction USA.

For example if Trinityman belongs to the Rite in England (can't recall if he does or not) Morals & Dogma would be of very little benefit to him and probably of little interest as the Degrees of the Rite in England are vastly different than those of the Southern Juris. USA. And they're vastly different from the degrees of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction USA so M&D is of little interest to a member of the Scottish Rite in say Massachusetts or Vermont.

I'm not saying you cannot understand the book, (which by the way is available on-line for free and there are thousands and thousands of copies available in used book stores) I'm saying unless you've taken the Degrees of the AASR, SJ, USA the book makes very little sense. Period.

A very important note is also found in the Preface (emphasis mine).

Pike says:

"The teachings of these Readings are NOT sacramental, so far as they go beyond the realm of Morality into those of other domains of Thought and Truth.

The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite uses the word "Dogma" in its true sense, of doctrine, or teaching; and is not dogmatic in the odious sense of that term.

Every one is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound.

It is only required of him that he shall weigh what is taught, and give it fair hearing and unprejudiced judgment.

Nothing like a "catch-all" disclaimer, huh? Puts a WHOLE NEW light on Morals & Dogma, doesn't it? Remember; Pike was a lawyer.

As for this comment:

I have read a few of Pike's qoutes. I don't think he was a christian.

You base that on a "few of Pike's quotes?" C'mon!

Believe what you like. Albert Pike was a high-church Episcopalian. That's about as Trinitarian Christian as it comes. Some even call it "Catholic Lite"

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
Sure you can. That's like saying I have to watch the whole Michael Richards video to understand that he's a racist fool.

I don't think that Richards is a racist. I think the audience member in question provoked him, and he blew up.

A few qoutes can say much about a person. I still find it hard to believe this guy was a christian.

Brother Pike was a member and Communicant of Christ Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C. Furthermore, in Masonry, he was a Knight Templar, as well as Supreme Magus of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, and Provincial Grand Master of the Royal Order of Scotland. All of those Orders require applicants for admission to be Trinitarian Christians.

You mention "a few quotes". Here are a few, from p. 309 - 310 of "Morals and Dogma":

Jesus of Nazareth, the "Son of man," is the expounder of the new Law of Love. He calls to Him the humble, the poor, the Pariahs of the world. The first sentence that He pronounces blesses the world, and announces the new gospel: "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." He pours the oil of consolation and peace upon every crushed and bleeding heart. Every sufferer is His proselyte. He shares their sorrows, and sympathizes with all their afflictions.

He raises up the sinner and the Samaritan woman, and teaches them to hope for forgiveness. He pardons the woman taken in adultery. He selects his disciples not among the Pharisees or the Philosophers, but among the low and humble, even of the fishermen of Galilee. He heals the sick and feeds the poor. He lives among the destitute and the friendless. "Suffer little children," He said, "to come unto me; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven! Blessed are the humble-minded, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven; the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth; the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy; the pure in heart, for they shall see God; the peace-maker, for they shall be called the children of God! First be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift at the altar. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not away! Love your enemies; bless them that curse you; do good to them that hate you; and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you! All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye also unto them; for this is the law and the Prophets! He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me. A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another: as I have loved you, that ye also love one another: by this shall all know that ye are My disciples. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend."

The Gospel of Love He sealed with His life. The cruelty of the Jewish Priesthood, the ignorant ferocity of the mob, and the Roman indifference to barbarian blood, nailed Him to the cross, and He expired uttering blessings upon humanity.

Dying thus, He bequeathed His teachings to man as an inestimable inheritance. Perverted and corrupted, they have served as a basis for many creeds, and been even made the warrant for intolerance and persecution. We here teach them in their purity. They are our Masonry; for to them good men of all creeds can subscribe.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

You mention "a few quotes". Here are a few, from p. 309 - 310 of "Morals and Dogma":

Jesus of Nazareth, the "Son of man," is the expounder of the new Law of Love. He calls to Him the humble, the poor, the Pariahs of the world. The first sentence that He pronounces blesses the world, and announces the new gospel: "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." He pours the oil of consolation and peace upon every crushed and bleeding heart. Every sufferer is His proselyte. He shares their sorrows, and sympathizes with all their afflictions.

He raises up the sinner and the Samaritan woman, and teaches them to hope for forgiveness. He pardons the woman taken in adultery. He selects his disciples not among the Pharisees or the Philosophers, but among the low and humble, even of the fishermen of Galilee. He heals the sick and feeds the poor. He lives among the destitute and the friendless. "Suffer little children," He said, "to come unto me; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven! Blessed are the humble-minded, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven; the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth; the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy; the pure in heart, for they shall see God; the peace-maker, for they shall be called the children of God! First be reconciled to they brother, and then come and offer thy gift at the altar. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not away! Love your enemies; bless them that curse you; do good to them that hate you; and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you! All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye also unto them; for this is the law and the Prophets! He that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me. A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another: as I have loved you, that ye also love one another: by this shall all know that ye are My disciples. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend."

The Gospel of Love He sealed with His life. The cruelty of the Jewish Priesthood, the ignorant ferocity of the mob, and the Roman indifference to barbarian blood, nailed Him to the cross, and He expired uttering blessings upon humanity.

Dying thus, He bequeathed His teachings to man as an inestimable inheritance. Perverted and corrupted, they have served as a basis for many creeds, and been even made the warrant for intolerance and persecution. We here teach them in their purity. They are our Masonry; for to them good men of all creeds can subscribe.

Masonic Light, that is a very beautiful quote, one I happen to agree with whole-heartedly. Love is the law!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Christianity has gone off from its base root of Judaism a bit, and Satan is portrayed a little bit differently.

Secret societies exist cause the brain is stuck in a neuro net and cant get out without "baby steps".
So when "rumor" gets out that you start out in a secret society worshipping God, and then at the end, its revealed to you that "Satan" is God, it would surprise you...unless you really got the gist of whats going on.

Lets just graduate all of you and tell you point up whats happening.
Satan is God, and you are Satan, so you are God.

Now that sentence, at face value for an evangelical Christian would send their neurons spinning out of orbit.

But can you look past terminologies, symobolisms to understand what any of this means?
Most probably not...but again, its up to the individuals...(though we are quantumaly entangled
)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And the semantics fly...

Fools and their deceptions abound.

Go ahead and focus on the word lucifer and it's mistranslation and meaning in the Bible.

It's clear to me the difference between the Lord and the serpent in the Bible.. semantics and supposed mistranslations aside.

So pike had a nice little niche in his book for Jesus? I suggest you do a little more digging and deepen your understanding:

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

My favorite part:

In answer to the question, "Who said a Christian can't be a Mason?", a modern paraphrase could be made from the words of God's prophet Elijah: "How long will you go limping with two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if the "Great Architect of the Universe" is God, follow him." (1 Kings 18:21)

Pretty simple stuff.

So you pike supporters and your mason minions can take your -generic- 'great architect of the universe'.. you know.. the one you guys designed so that you can fit everyones beliefs into it and you can shove it where the light from your "son of the morning" doesn't shine. Some of us aren't falling for your deception.

Mt 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Salt irritates does it not?.. especially the 'ones' trying to take the saltiness out.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ViewFromTheStars totally agree with your opinion on this one.

So you pike supporters and your mason minions can take your -generic- 'great architect of the universe'.. you know.. the one you guys designed so that you can fit everyones beliefs into it and you can shove it where the light from you "son of the morning" doesn't shine. Some of us aren't falling for your deception.

DAMN

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
interesting post, lucifer is indeed different to satan. And venus is important in many other ways as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
And the semantics fly...

So you pike supporters and your mason minions can take your -generic- 'great architect of the universe'.. you know.. the one you guys designed so that you can fit everyones beliefs into it and you can shove it where the light from your "son of the morning" doesn't shine. Some of us aren't falling for your deception.

And in like manner you can take whatever mental idol you call "God" and worship, and stick it where the view from the stars doesn't shine. Cause, quite simply, I ain't buyin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
And the semantics fly...

Fools and their deceptions abound.

Go ahead and focus on the word lucifer and it's mistranslation and meaning in the Bible.

It's clear to me the difference between the Lord and the serpent in the Bible.. semantics and supposed mistranslations aside.

So pike had a nice little niche in his book for Jesus? I suggest you do a little more digging and deepen your understanding:

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Yes, that's a very open-minded thought-provoking site. I should figure you'd use a source like that. How long did it take you to "Google" that up? I suggest that YOU do a bit more digging. Especially on the (as you say) "supposed mistranslation" I think if you actually used credible sources (Theologians for example and not Bible-thumpers) you will find that it was INDEED a mistranslation. But then again, why bother finding out the truth when it obviously won't fit your needs.

So you pike supporters and your mason minions can take your -generic- 'great architect of the universe'.. you know.. the one you guys designed so that you can fit everyones beliefs into it and you can shove it where the light from your "son of the morning" doesn't shine.

OOOHHH!!! Nicely put. Very adult-like and quite Christian too! I'm sure your Sunday School teacher would be proud

By the way, I contend that you don't know the FIRST thing about Pike (other than anti-masonic dribble you 'googled' in a couple of minutes) Who's the expert here, hummm??

Some of us aren't falling for your deception.

No one asked you to do anything. PERIOD.

Certainly no one asked you to become a Mason. With an attitude like that it's apparent that Masonry isn't for you, so don't join. We neither want nor need you or your kind. Plain enough?

Salt irritates does it not?.. especially the 'ones' trying to take the saltiness out.

On the contrary, it doesn't bother me one bit. Apparently bothers you though.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It does interest me about, I just made a post stating the mistranslation , and immediately the anti-masons come out and are defensive. I didn't ask you to believe it..believe what you want, I don't care. I'm just putting out facts so that other can decide for themselves.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Criniit]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here we go again! It is always the same thing - over & over again! Andy Warhol - why don't you open your mind & try to learn something! Why do you think that there is some sort of deception going on? Why don't you do some of the research your-self? Everything that "Criniit" stated can be verified. Oh well... I guess it really is just a matter of Perspective. Oh & just what is wrong with the concept of "Tolerance" BTW? Do you really think God cares if he is called "Great Architect of the Universe"? How many Infinite Names do you think God has anyhow?

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
IMPO i don't think all the mason's are satanists. In fact, 99% of the masonists/sheep are probably mislead by the grand masters who ARE LUCIFERIANS especially in the Scottish Rite! I am not sure of the York Right. Here are 3 paragraphs which i found on an anti-masonic 9-11 conspiracy site detailing Albert Pike and providing overwhelming evidence as to his Luciferian Ideals:

(1)Albert Pike (1809-1891) born on Dec 29. US lawyer, historian, general. Masonic author. Brig General, (Confederate Army), died in 1891. Well-known Masonic author (Morals and Dogma) and composer of the ritual for the concordant body, the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, he was elected Sovereign Grand Commander of that body in 1859, an office he held until his death. Appointed Grand Orator of the Grand Lodge of Arkansas on November 7, 1864, from 1853 onward he was, at various times, chairman of numerous committees and boards, as well as Grand Representative of four jurisdictions. The Main founder of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) see also: The Scottish Rite's KKK Project

(2)Albert Pike created the 33rd degree of Masonry. Confessed LUCIFERIAN and founder of the K.K.K. The Ku Klux Klan is an organization which prided itself ( and still does) in the torture and murder of men for the color of their skin. This is Demonic in itself. So we have a confessed LUCIFERIAN (666) who created the 33rd degree of masonry and founded the KKK. K is the eleventh number of the Alphabet. In other words the KKK can be represented as 11, 11, 11. 11+11+11=33. The same occult numbers of the World Trade Center attack is represented here by a confessed Luciferian. Albert Pike addressing the 23 Supreme Councils of the world on July 14, 1889:- "To you, Sovereign Grand Instructors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees: 'the Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the LUCIFERIAN Doctrine. . ."

(3)"Magic is the science of the ancient magi.... ``Magic unites in one and the same science, whatsoever Philosophy can possess that is most certain, and Religion of the Infallible and the Eternal. It perfectly ... reconciles these two terms ... faith and reason ... those who accept [magic] as a rule may give their will a sovereign power that will make them the masters of all inferior beings and of all errant spirits; that is to say, will make them the Arbiters and Kings of the World....'' Albert Pike Morals and Dogma

Is this proof good enough? For one, I have been convinced beyond reasonable doubt, as this is straight from the horse's arse, as some would say! To really be able to understand Free-Masonry(especially Scottish Rite) it is IMPERATIVE TO KNOW the OCCULT NUMBER SYSTEM and the SYMBOLOGY associated with each number. For example, the numbers 3,9,11,13,33,39 have special importance to them. In the old testament, Lucifer was mentioned 33 times which is also the highest rank in the Scottish Rite. Is that a coincidence? I think not! Also, did you people see how KKK (eleventh letter of the alphabet) added together equals 33?!!!!

P.S. I am sorry for not giving the source of this quote but to be perfectly honest i simply dont remember where i read it. I have visited dozens of conspiracy sites while copying/pasting interesting text into text files for later reference.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well it appears Alber Pike realized the truth, after studying religions of all kinds. He worshipped knowledge and knowledge is Lucifer, and this character exists in all religions, usually as an antagonist.

In honor of Pike’s endeavor,
Ave Lucifer

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join