It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim US President 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is possible that he is a Muslim, but considering the brevity of his stay in Indonesia and the fact that his Muslim father hit the bricks when he was very young, it's a long way from probable. Secular and Christian influences were far more prominent in his childhood environment.

As for what makes somebody a Muslim, let's not forget that many of the more radical schools of Islam that we worry about don't consider you to be Muslim if you don't embrace their particular brand, therefore unless Obama is a Wahabist just out to get his hands on the nuclear launch codes, it doesn't matter who considers him a Muslim really.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And what if he was a Muslim, What difference would that make? Who cares?

Well, the author of this thread seemed to want to discuss having a muslim US president in 2008. Did I miss the point of the thread?
Probably. I thought this was to discuss if Obama would be welcome as president in 2008 because he's Muslim (You, me and Obama don't consider him to still be muslim, but others do).

I guess I missed the whole point of what the author of this thread wanted.
Oh well. Nevermind, I guess.
Merry Christmas ya'll.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Again, FF, that question isn't directed at you specifically. It's at the OP mostly, who seems to have completely disappeared...

mr conspiracy, have you deserted your thread?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
well, Condi Rice seems to back the idea.

we are already seeing backlash after Keith Ellison was elected in Minnesota.

a lot of people are furious at the fact that this dude is a moslem who will carry the Koran into Congress.

somehow i dont think that american people will be able to
swallow a even a black guy becoming a president, nevermind a muslim one.

prepare for some riots in January when swearing in ceremonies take place.

you might see choas if in congress the Bible gets dumped for the Koran.

rednecks of the bible belt will simply not tolerate it.

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 24-12-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
we are already seeing backlash after Keith Ellison was elected in Minnesota.

Not all the backlash was because he's Muslim. Some was. But most has been because he's a Muslim who attended very questionable rallies. There is a thread about him somewhere here I think. I remember seeing some of the rallies he's attended and who attended with him. No, it's not against the law to attend rallies ... but what was preached at these leads me to bellieve that SOME OF THOSE in attendence are INTOLERANT of us non-muslims and that these people do not want what is best for America.

That's what I saw.

a lot of people are furious at the fact that this dude is a moslem who will carry the Koran into Congress.

Yes. Dumb huh? And that politiican from Virginia who is on the airwaves complaining about it is looking like a complete idiot. (perhaps he isn't just looking like one, perhaps he IS one??)

rednecks of the bible belt will simply not tolerate it.

You just reminded me of something. When I lived in Alabama for 9 years (HATED IT!), just before we moved out Gore had Lieberman as his VP running mate. There were letters to the editor of the Huntsville Times from people , which got printed, who said they'd never vote for someone who wasn't a Christian. They'd vote for Clinton who claimed to be a Christian but was a lieing sex addict ... but they wouldn't vote for Lieberman who is a prayerful quiet spoken man because He's Jewish.

There weren't any calls to riot or for civil disobedience if he was voted in, but you may be right, they might not tolerate a Muslim as POTUS.

[edit on 12/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join